open the game up

is this a shoping cart emulator disguised as a space simulator? imagine paying $60 to download ebay or amazon app (that might be a little hyperbolic but that’s what it feels like)

nothing is more discouraging than the cash shop; the cosmetics need to be CR! this would promote gameplay and cater towards growing a player base. improving the overall diversity of the game and ultimately everyones quality of life. this step is vital towards giving credits value, as the CR would be the standard for ALL in game purchases.

once credits are the standard; cash for credits is the next logical step. this would cater to players who don’t want to grind. many people might see this as “pay to win” mechanic but it’s not, it’s actually pay for convenience. there’s nothing they can buy that couldn’t already be earned in the game. after an exchange ratio is determined by frontier, they should calculate a CR rebate to accounts that payed $ for cosmetics as a thank you.

now the real cash shop should cater to the whales with deep pockets. i’m talking about luxury variants of popular ships that are extravagant inside and out with no advantage over the regular except LX version would probably have lifetime insurance (not including modules)

this rough outline would cater to all walks of life. i believe it would be a win win for everyone.

open the game up! and change the way this game makes $

People rage quitting once their ship crashed... Could you please imagine what the people will do if the crashed ship was purchased for CR which are real money actually?..
Edit: and CR is nothing in the game eventually.

Last edited:

Lestat

Banned
If I can get to Penniless to Elite Trader in one day and make a Billion credit. The game already too easy to make credits.

If I can get to Penniless to Elite Trader in one day and make a Billion credit. The game already too easy to make credits.

Actually it's just 12 hours, i watched the video. It could have been quicker had the Cmdr bought a Python instead of sticking with the ASP. He wiped his account and recorded every minute of the 12 hours. Ended up with a Billion and Elite Trader!!

is this a shoping cart emulator disguised as a space simulator? imagine paying $60 to download ebay or amazon app (that might be a little hyperbolic but that’s what it feels like)

nothing is more discouraging than the cash shop; the cosmetics need to be CR! this would promote gameplay and cater towards growing a player base. improving the overall diversity of the game and ultimately everyones quality of life. this step is vital towards giving credits value, as the CR would be the standard for ALL in game purchases.

once credits are the standard; cash for credits is the next logical step. this would cater to players who don’t want to grind. many people might see this as “pay to win” mechanic but it’s not, it’s actually pay for convenience. there’s nothing they can buy that couldn’t already be earned in the game. after an exchange ratio is determined by frontier, they should calculate a CR rebate to accounts that payed $ for cosmetics as a thank you.

now the real cash shop should cater to the whales with deep pockets. i’m talking about luxury variants of popular ships that are extravagant inside and out with no advantage over the regular except LX version would probably have lifetime insurance (not including modules)

this rough outline would cater to all walks of life. i believe it would be a win win for everyone.

open the game up! and change the way this game makes $
Dont suggest things like that to them, these are the same guys who thought the engineers was a good idea.

Lestat

Banned
Actually it's just 12 hours, i watched the video. It could have been quicker had the Cmdr bought a Python instead of sticking with the ASP. He wiped his account and recorded every minute of the 12 hours. Ended up with a Billion and Elite Trader!!
I restarted One of my accounts. So I was in a Sidewinder. Did a little combat until I could get a Cobra MkIII and then Mined Void Opal 2 Cobra runs. Switch to a Python and did 3 more runs.

thankfully?

apologists really are all about shopping cart simulator 3000... color. me. shocked! penniless to elite; billions in a day; CR is nothing!? great, all that seems to help my argument actually. so what is there for you to even spend CR on at that point... if not for... uh cosmetics!? if i see your custom ship in the wild you're adding content to MY game; it's not the other way around; you will still suffer my generic one. is that really the ecosystem you want? i do understand the concern with ragers; but what even is the cash to CR ratio? riddle me that! seems like i'm just getting a lot of brainwashed excuses, this is what happens when you get high on your own supply for so long it's beyond any reasoning. do you even want people to play the game or not? sounds like there's only room for 1 type of player.

how will they ever make $ must get thrown around a lot; you don't think there's a demand for a Cobra MKIV LX? not to mention, i kinda thought overwhelmingly positive reviews snowballed into selling more copies... isn't that really the stuff profit is made of? cause nothing quite instills confidence in your game quite like nickel and diming for vanilla grade cosmetics. real compelling game you got there.

such content, much paywall... wow

open the game up

Lestat

Banned
thankfully?

apologists really are all about shopping cart simulator 3000... color. me. shocked! penniless to elite; billions in a day; CR is nothing!? great, all that seems to help my argument actually. so what is there for you to even spend CR on at that point... if not for... uh cosmetics!? if i see your custom ship in the wild you're adding content to MY game; it's not the other way around; you will still suffer my generic one. is that really the ecosystem you want? i do understand the concern with ragers; but what even is the cash to CR ratio? riddle me that! seems like i'm just getting a lot of brainwashed excuses, this is what happens when you get high on your own supply for so long it's beyond any reasoning. do you even want people to play the game or not? sounds like there's only room for 1 type of player.

how will they ever make $ must get thrown around a lot; you don't think there's a demand for a Cobra MKIV LX? not to mention, i kinda thought overwhelmingly positive reviews snowballed into selling more copies... isn't that really the stuff profit is made of? cause nothing quite instills confidence in your game quite like nickel and diming for vanilla grade cosmetics. real compelling game you got there.

such content, much paywall... wow

open the game up
We don't want to PAY TO WIN feature.

By introducing higher rewards for mining over the last year or so it's made making Cr much easier, and if the overall finance model stays like this then I really can't see the need for introducing Cr purchasing anyway. I accept Frontier probably wanted to bring more players in (and thus money) and that mining for high Cr was great for player attraction / retention but I do also think it's lead to making things a little too easy / unrealistic, and it was a little unfair for all those that prior to then who had to grind thier way into the Cr millions by largely bounty and trade, which was much more like what the original game was based on. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they improved the mining element and I wasn't complaining in getting a top rate Anaconda in a short while all thanks to those easier Cr gains, but at the end of the day it's all relative. Mostly I'm really, really glad Frontier didn't go down the "pay to win" avenue. It actually makes me want to continue play it and support the dev through feedback and / or paying for extra updates / enhancements as they come. Those that pay a few quid to bling up the look of their ship that's also cool. Me? So far Ive just settled for a t shirt..

if you consider initial price + your time worthless... then sure FREE STUFF!

but now that ARX is implemented, seems they figured out a loyalty system and now have an economy that caters to all types of players.

congratulations on opening the game up.

Top Bottom