Operation Cleanup....

for some reason, mapping stuff you previously scanned earns more than discovering & mapping something new. FD & FM an ELW pays ~3.3 mil whilst FM an ELW you've previously scanned nets more like 5 mil.

First Mapped and not First Discovered pays you 8 times the base value.
First Mapped and First Discovered pays you 3.7 times the base value but then that is included in the value multiplied by 2.6 for the separately reported FD bonus giving you 9.6 times the base value in total for both.
Mapping an already mapped gives you the base value times 3.33.

It's just reported misleadingly, you do get more credits for first mapped and first discovered.

First Mapped and First Discovered pays you 3.7 times the base value but then that is included in the value multiplied by 2.6 for the separately reported FD bonus giving you 9.6 times the base value in total for both.

It's just reported misleadingly, you do get more credits for first mapped and first discovered.

I have limited data, but I believe there is actually an additional multiplier in action for bodies you’ve previously scanned and sold data for, and then go back to map first. Looks like x1.89404 on top, if you were first discoverer, and x1.23524 for bodies scanned and sold - but that you didn’t get FD for. Needs more investigation, but if right, Chiggy is in for an even more ridiculous payout.

That doesn't appear to be the case. Look at these two systems:

1. I had previously (long ago) scanned B1 to B6 which are respectively HMC CFT, ELW (0.4337 earth masses) with rocky moon, WW CFT, WW CFT, HMC CFT, HMC CFT. The ELW is displayed as giving 5,133,912 credits out of a total of 24,147,421. With the LYR bonus that's close to the 72,552.453 (110,190 difference for some reason) which is what is shown on the confirmation screen and is indeed what I received (I didn't map a planet that orbited the main star so no full mapping bonus). nb: obviously not just the ELW here as all the values are much higher than the formula predicts.

bqIRwLG.jpg

sBq1HUI.jpg

2. My highest paying system. Too many pages of images to give the lot, but BC 7 is an ELW (1.0469 masses) and on the sell screen it is shown as being 3,421,628 credits. The totals for all the bodies do add up to 26,914,298. On the confirmation screen that equates to 26,914,298, a discovery bonus of 256,497 and mapping one of 1,760,270 all multiplied by the LYR bonus to give 86,793,195 which again is what I got.

jhDCAMi.jpg

lkr2b3v.jpg

Am I missing something because in the first one I certainly look to be getting 5.1m * 3 and in the second 3.4 * 3.

nb: to be clear, the values currently being shown in the sell & confirmation screens already include the FD bonus. There is no additional figured added on. These are the two log file entries:
{ "timestamp":"2019-02-14T13:50:27Z", "event":"SellExplorationData", "Systems":[ "Phoi Bru FL-P d5-466" ], "Discovered":[ "Phoi Bru FL-P d5-466 B 4", "Phoi Bru FL-P d5-466 B 3", "Phoi Bru FL-P d5-466 B 6", "Phoi Bru FL-P d5-466 B 2 a", "Phoi Bru FL-P d5-466 B 5", "Phoi Bru FL-P d5-466 B 1", "Phoi Bru FL-P d5-466 B 2" ], "BaseValue":24147421, "Bonus":37832692, "TotalEarnings":72552453 }

{ "timestamp":"2019-02-14T13:30:54Z", "event":"SellExplorationData", "Systems":[ "Spooroo EL-P d5-0" ], "Discovered":[ "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 3", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 11", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 5", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 B", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 A 2", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 1", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 3", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 A 3", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 E 3", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 4", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 9", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 E 1", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 A 7", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D 4 a", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D 5", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 8 a", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 E 2", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D 3 a", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D 4", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 11 a", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 9", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 2", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 A 8", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 10", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 12", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 11", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 7", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 8", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 A 1", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D 3", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 6", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D 2", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 5", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 8", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 6", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D 1", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 E 3 a", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 E", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 4", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 10", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 A 6", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 2", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 D A Belt Cluster 7", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 E 4", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 A 4", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 A 5", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 C", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 BC 1", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 A", "Spooroo EL-P d5-0 E 5" ], "BaseValue":26914298, "Bonus":35924489, "TotalEarnings":86793195 }

of course, the base value and bonus figures don't add up to the total. That would obviously be far too simple!

ps: I see Matt has replied whilst I've been sorting this post out!

I have limited data, but I believe there is actually an additional multiplier in action for bodies you’ve previously scanned and sold data for, and then go back to map first. Looks like x1.89404 on top, if you were first discoverer, and x1.23524 for bodies scanned and sold - but that you didn’t get FD for. Needs more investigation, but if right, Chiggy is in for an even more ridiculous payout.

OK, that's just silly then. Why are FDev trying to encourage us to retrace our steps? What do they know that we missed?

Did you have to sell unmapped before 3.3 for this to work or can you get more money still by going twice, I wonder.

Yah I noticed it when I sold my first batch before I took off on the 4th circumnav, was getting a million or so more for ELWs I had first discovered and came back to, than when I double tagged new ones in one go.

Last edited:
I recently finished mapping all my first-discovered ELWs also. But then, I only had one!

It's out by Colonia, though, so I did have to trek on out there to map it :p

I'm hanging out around here for a while, I think.

Kudos to you guys, you always amaze.

OK, that's just silly then. Why are FDev trying to encourage us to retrace our steps? What do they know that we missed?

Did you have to sell unmapped before 3.3 for this to work or can you get more money still by going twice, I wonder.

It is silly. I meant to investigate it further but ran out of time before DW2. It’s possible it’s just a bug. It’s more annoying from a tool- maker perspective that you can’t tell what’s slready tagged/mapped, or whether you got either tag upon selling data...

Back on topic - good luck on that 8, Chiggy :)

I've been mapping all the ELWs and AWs near Colonia - is that the Inner Scutum-Centaurus Arm? There are hundreds, even in quite a small volume of space. The benefits of density!

I've been mapping all the ELWs and AWs near Colonia - is that the Inner Scutum-Centaurus Arm? There are hundreds, even in quite a small volume of space. The benefits of density!

Currently mapping a D-code Zunuo sub-sector (so that's 80LY x 80LY).

I've found 99 ELWs so far having visited ~6000 out of 13500 systems in my cube.

So, yes ... the benefits of star density :)

It is silly. I meant to investigate it further but ran out of time before DW2. It’s possible it’s just a bug. It’s more annoying from a tool- maker perspective that you can’t tell what’s slready tagged/mapped, or whether you got either tag upon selling data...

Back on topic - good luck on that 8, Chiggy :)

I have all of mine on the spread sheet, with a column that separates new ELWs from previous discoveries..maybe that will help, when we both get back?

Buddy,lare you sure you have your numbers the right way round for the galactic core?
All my Zunou finds are actually in the Empyrian Straits :)

My bad.....*face palm* The first ones I did were in my E cube closer to the core...I just assumed (you know what they say about assumptions)..I'll have to adjust my numbers..good catch. The border between Empyrian Straits and the core split ZUNOU right down the middle.

I'm still out on the edge, between the 20 fathom curve and Allitnil's *cough* excuse me Aquila's Halo. I've found 5 of the 8 ELWs I needed, but like it looked like, it's mighty thin and well traveled out here, and I have depleted most of my jumponium mats, and it's time to restock.

VMrm1sd.jpg

EcVxQC7.jpg
tTJZWgb.jpg

pvJj5R1.jpg
HKTiJzg.jpg

Last edited:
Leaving the Outer Scutum-Centaurus arm and entering the
Hieronymus Delta. So far I have mapped 371 of my previously discovered ELWs, and found 100 new ones. 435,000 LYs traveled since leaving dock Jan 13.
4TK3JlX.jpg

C3wqdYH.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom