Operation IDA - Repairing our Foundation

If there are player groups that repair Obisidian Orbital due to "sentiment" that's a good thing! As we're working with a group of players that aims at repairing The Oracle I wouldn't shift priorities now. I'd rather utilize the symbolic power of Obsidian Orbital to leave this station up to those who'd like to see it repaired and focus on the "less attractive" stations.

I understand what you're saying but perhaps if we get some momentum going with everyone focusing on Obsidian Orbital it will garner the most interest and coverage?
Especially since the materials required are so similar in quantity.

Wait wait wait wait...

It is Thursday... News came by... New CGs started and previous ones were concluded... We jut kicked back the Thargoids in HIP 17692...

No new stations attacked?

OOOOOH BOY, something big is coming!

I'll bring my Cutter, though I might not have much time to spare each day, every little bit helps get the stations repaired.

Great work everybody! We just finished the Aluminum goal for The Oracle! I'd like to take this moment to thank everybody; from those who joined us from the first hour to those you joined us just today. I wouldn't have believed that in this short amount of time there are more than 50 CMDRs supporting this operation.

Let's hope that our first successes will attract more CMDRs and that The Oracle will be up and running in a reasonable amout of time.

But for now: Thanks! You can find new objectives on the discord or in the spreadsheet, happy hauling everybody!

Over and out
CMDR Fett_Li

Hmm, sounds like things are going better than I’d expected. Guess it’s time to refit my Cutter for long-distance hauling again.

Well done CMDRs...
It's a pleasure "climbing mount IDA" with you all and especially doing this accompanied by the nice talk at the discord.
It was a lot of fun. Will do some CG shooting today but later I'll continue my deliveries.

Wait wait wait wait...

It is Thursday... News came by... New CGs started and previous ones were concluded... We jut kicked back the Thargoids in HIP 17692...

No new stations attacked?

OOOOOH BOY, something big is coming!

At best completing 2 thargoid hunting CGs may have protected a single station from being attacked. I would expect a reduction in the number of attacks and possibly even a temporary cessation during the beta.

After the refinery of Oort Orbital in Pleiades Sector KC-V C2-4 is exhausted, Bottego Base in Hyades Sector HR-W D1-59 might be a place to look. It's 157 LY travel from the Oracle, is a planetary base with over 70k LS distance from the star, but has substantial reserves of metals.

https://eddb.io/station/market/63730

After the refinery of Oort Orbital in Pleiades Sector KC-V C2-4 is exhausted, Bottego Base in Hyades Sector HR-W D1-59 might be a place to look. It's 157 LY travel from the Oracle, is a planetary base with over 70k LS distance from the star, but has substantial reserves of metals.

https://eddb.io/station/market/63730

This makes me think that maybe we can organize a chain supply line. Bottego Base -> Oort Orbital -> The Oracle. It would make things faster, but some commanders may lose money in the process...

I once assisted a player group with lifting Thargoid artefact interference from a station they controlled by ferrying Meta-Alloys from Darnielle's Progress to them. I was losing 22,000 credits per ton on the transaction, so I started stopping by the Old Worlds about 4 jumps away, stocking up on the 9 rare commodities there, selling them at Maia, and picking up another load of Meta-Alloys. I ending up breaking just above even on that triangle route.

My point is: seeing what, if any, rare commodities are at an appropriate location from Bottego Base, and then running a triangle route to recoup any loses incurred from resupplying Oort Orbital.

This makes me think that maybe we can organize a chain supply line. Bottego Base -> Oort Orbital -> The Oracle. It would make things faster, but some commanders may lose money in the process...

What would be the benefit of hauling from Bottego Base to Oort Orbital?

The Oracle is just 25 LY from Oort Orbital, so there's not much gain from having a supply chain like the proposed one. Better to supply directly from Bottego Base to The Oracle. Besides, I doubt Bottega Base has much that would be in demand at Oort Orbital.

Actual stats: (edit: for The Oracle)

Beryllium: 14% complete. Units required: 527.164
Indium: 7% complete. Units required: 1.573.566
Gallium: 5% complete. Units required: 655.483
Lithium: 2% complete. Units required: 841.487
Titanium: 8% complete. Units required: 480.637
Copper: 10% complete. Units required: 317.583
Aluminium: Completed
Polymers: 3% complete. Units required: 2.479.884
Superconductors: 35% complete. Units required: 239.706
Auto-Fabricators: 23% complete. Units required: 289.085
Insulating Membrane: 1% complete. Units required: 341.136
Emergency Power Cells: 0% complete. Units required: 551.134
Energy Grid Assembly: 2% complete. Units required: 273.068
Power Converter: 1% complete. Units required: 248.773
Natural Fabrics: 2% complete. Units required: 245.964

Last edited:
Greetings CMDRs,

some of you might already have stumbled upon the great thread of CMDR Factabulous who calculates accurate numbers on each station under repair. His thread shows: over the last three days we managed to steadily supply more than 100,000t of goods per day to The Oracle! Those are some great numbers! You can find the details here.

So I'd like to give everybody helping us a warm s/o! Especially those helping us out anonymously. Keep it up, that's some good work!

Best regards
Fett_Li

Top Bottom