Operation IDA - Repairing our Foundation

Didn't get there last night, had to do a few more mods, done them now, so I will be heading there tonight! :)

I assume it still needs defending? I looked on the galmap states, & it was blank so I assume that means it is in the (unrecognised) infested state?
Whose there btw? (my cmdr name in sig, partially :p).

Last edited:
As of this mornings daily BGS tic, Our home system of Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-41 (Malthus Terminal) is NO LONGER infested!

Thanks to all of our own pilots as well as the support of HAAX, Sirius Inc, The Silverbacks & others who unflinchingly fought the Thargoid threat to avoid incursion while the rest of IDA's remarkable roster continued to Haul commodities to Cleaver Prospect.

By our own numbers on the Spreadsheet we had well over 2600 kills which is an amazing number in only 3 days. Undoubtedly more attacks & infestation in The Pleiades will occur next week but for now, we have a respite & as CMDR Ninj said earlier:

"Well done everyone for a great response!"

o7 CMDR's!

Yeah, a special thanks to the fantastic support of all AX pilots who helped us there. Much appreciated. It was an honor meeting you.

o7

It would be nice if they actually upped the payouts for delivering supplies to damaged stations. As is, most of the player base doesn't care because its not worth the effort to fly the long distances to help repair the stations and some of the required repair commodities barely give you profit. For example at Weil Station CMM composites are selling for 6,817 but the average buy price is 5,899. 1k/ton profit compared to farming $100mil/hour in a mining ring.

Just saying. Void opals are selling for 1.6M each but helping save a station attacked by an alien invasion gives scraps for a good portion of the needed mats. Not saying it needs to be void opal level but 30K+ would be nice. I know its not supposed to be about the money but considering thats what a good chunk of the gameplay dynamic in this game is based around, its definitely got to be a bigger factor, especially since so many players only care about money.

That said, I'm trying to do my part but it really seems like a very small minority of the community participates in the effort. I guess it will start to matter once a good chunk of the active community is gone to the other side of the galaxy and half the bubble is in incursion.

~900cr/t is actually pretty good profit by station repair standards! Lol, with some commodities it sometimes drops to near zero, or less & you end up making a loss! :p
Not saying you're wrong btw, you're right!

Eagle Eye Network Update Feb 15

Once again our sister system of Celaeno has been targeted as has our neighbor systems of Atlas (both which we defended 3 weeks ago) and Asterope(which while not defended, never did go into incursion possibly due to the BGS bugs plaguing the system).

The mouseover bug is still in effect giving the situation the usual frustration level.
This time however we can expect little support from the large combat groups or bubble based combat pilots who are all engaged in the 6 bubble based incursion systems fighting in the AX-CZs although AXI has pledged to help to a degree. (Thank you AXI).

This is all on us & our Pleiadian Neighbors.
If you are able, please consider once again supporting the defense effort. Losing Artemis Lodge & Atlas would be detrimental to our efforts.

o7 CMDRs

Complete list of what’s targeted.
Mouseover bug still in effect.

EE1 Celaeno
EE2 Atlas

EE3 Asterope
EE4 Apishna
EE5 GQ Virginis
EE6 HIP 24046

I'm a (green) AXI pilot, but not in the squad, but I was part of IDA 1st, so I'm going to pull out of HIP 23395 & head back to the Pleiades.
The question is, which system should we protect 1st?

How often is the Thargoid Activity Report updated in Galnet? Could we target 1 system & then check that report to see how we're doing prior to Thargsday?

Check this thread on the Bug report forum.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...wing-as-quot-infested-quot-prior-to-incursion

currently, infestation which used to show as such when mousing over an infested system in the Galmap and consequently would show as non infested if successfully defended from Incursion the next day or so etc, is no longer working.

Currently we're focusing on Celaeno with the intent to then move to Atlas to assist. Our neighbors in the Pleiades are helping in both systems as well. It's a tall order however.

o7 CMDR's

I'll be joining you guys in Celeano tonight, being an AXI pilot & an IDA pilot :), not at the same time of course! ;) (unless IDA have developed a fighter wing that I haven't heard of!).

Last edited:
Brazenly copypasta from CMDR Ninj's announcement on the IDA Discord:

Cleaver Prospect is now complete.. awesome job everyone!! This was one of our harder targets, considering where the station was positioned. Our next target will be familiar to many of our members: Cavalieri in Electra.
This is the first station we have come across that we have previously repaired. Hopefully thanks to the dedicated efforts of our thargoid defence squads it will be the last. The good news is that the total amount of goods required is much lower than previously.

Please watch out for the mighty noob hammers, they are not to be messed with.

Great job guys :cool:.

Cavalieri has newb hammers? Yikes! :eek: Yeah definitely don't mess with them, they fly around at about 300 m/s at their tips (yea I orbited one a little while back ;)).

Last edited:
My compliments from afar...

I'm a commander who cares about the work of defending the bubble and repairing stations, though by all means an amateur compared to all of you guys. (I got discouraged by the numbers when bringing repair materials, fought scouts a few times... maybe 5000 tons and 200 scouts to my name).
The work you IDA folks did always impressed me, for which I salute you all! And now, you have my sympathies: A lot of folks off for distant worlds 2 (Including yours truly, I'm afraid), and potentially a few bugs to worsen things it seems the thargoid incursions are a bit of a losing battle.

I cringe at that workload, and I just had to send all of you a heartfelt salute, and all my sympathies. Thank you for all you've done.

Its been a difficult few weeks.

Last week after again being forced to mount a massive defense with assistance from our allies in and out of the Pleiades, we lost both Celaeno and Atlas and once again, Artemis Lodge (our sister system & station) and Cyllene Orbital.

In addition Both systems along with Asterope (which had also been infested) went into Incursion and we've just spent the last several days once again fighting with help from our allies to end Incursion in all 3 systems (buggy AX-CZs are not fun and significantly more difficult then just killing scouts).

Now we wait for Artemis and Cyllene Orbital to stop burning as this has been another issue introduced with Chapter 4 AKA Stations burning longer then a week.

Currently OP-IDA is repairing Cavalieri in Electra again after it was re-attacked when all of this madness started. Rescues are also being conducted at a record pace at Cyllene Orbital to see if this has any effect on commodity requirements once stations are ready to be repaired.

So many changes and questions regarding now broken gameplay mechanics that we're waiting on Fdev to either answer or fix. It's definitely made our aspect of gameplay as well as those that participate in system defense during this war that more difficult.

And so it goes...

Last week after again being forced to mount a massive defense with assistance from our allies in and out of the Pleiades, we lost both Celaeno and Atlas and once again, Artemis Lodge (our sister system & station) and Cyllene Orbital.

In addition Both systems along with Asterope (which had also been infested) went into Incursion and we've just spent the last several days once again fighting with help from our allies to end Incursion in all 3 systems (buggy AX-CZs are not fun and significantly more difficult then just killing scouts).

Now we wait for Artemis and Cyllene Orbital to stop burning as this has been another issue introduced with Chapter 4 AKA Stations burning longer then a week.

Currently OP-IDA is repairing Cavalieri in Electra again after it was re-attacked when all of this madness started. Rescues are also being conducted at a record pace at Cyllene Orbital to see if this has any effect on commodity requirements once stations are ready to be repaired.

So many changes and questions regarding now broken gameplay mechanics that we're waiting on Fdev to either answer or fix. It's definitely made our aspect of gameplay as well as those that participate in system defense during this war that more difficult.

And so it goes...

+Rep. Kudos to you not having lost faith after that massive kick in the guts :(

<snip>

<snip>

I thought they'd fixed the Stations burning for more than a week. In HIP 23395 (which has been in Incursion for two week running), we've presently got one damaged station and one on fire. Which is confusing for me because I thought all stations would remain on fire while a system was in Incursion.

Last edited:
@Phoenix_Dfire Hoping you're right about the burning station issue. Guess we'll see in a couple days.

Another issue we're looking at and which I'm about to go add to the Bug Thread regarding infestation not working properly is the following:

Last week we had the 6 targets, 3 of which were in the Pleiades (2 which we were fighting for to prevent Incursion IE: Atlas & Celaeno).
The Day before Thargsday, The Eagle Eye Network and all installations switched targets to 6 new systems.
On Thargsday all of the targets we were fighting for and the bubble based systems were in Incursion as well as 5 of the 6 new targets which had switched the day before.
It was a massacre.

Same thing had happened the previous week but with only one EE installation target switching the day before (Veja Deng which went into Incursion the next day) and we WERE able to save OORT orbital which had been the prior target for that week.

This past Thargsday, after the Massacre, The Eagle Eye network changed targets again, BACK to the previous weeks targets... the ones we'd been fighting for.

Today I went and personally checked all 6 Eagle Eye installations and they are still pointing to:

Todays results in order:
EE1 Celaeno
EE2 Atlas
EE3 Asterope
EE4 Apishna
EE5 GQ Virginis
EE6 HIP 24046

Unless the targets change tomorrow (as has been the pattern the past few weeks) there's the potential for more madness as less then a days notice isn't sufficient time to fend off incursion and station attacks.
However, if the targets remain as they are now, we could also see another series of Incursions in the same systems which already have stations burning ...
Incursion is a beast to remove. AX-CZs are buggy and you need to clear out multiple waves of scouts interceptors and the end boss, a Hydra to win the instance.

Fdev: "We don't want to waste your time"

Despite them at least acknowleding the problem, who knows if Fdev is working on this right MEOW (this week in particular).
Regardless it's deeply troubling.

Fly Safe CMDR's o7

Meow? ;)

One thing, AFAIK you don't have to finish an AX CZ instance to help the system, the kills still count even when you don't, as long as you don't die of course! ;)
But your right about finishing AX CZs, they are a nightmare! And not just because of the amount of fire power your facing. I'm not sure I've ever had one finished, even with a wing (maybe once?).

Top Bottom