Optimized for XBox Series X

The framerate is already unlocked (60 fps max), only it barely ever reaches the ceiling right now, thanks to the potato CPUs of current consoles. But the Series X will probably easily max the game out at 60 fps even in 4K-Quality mode. Honestly that's one of the biggest reasons I want a Series X. I don't know how high the framerate would get if they completely unlocked it, but since most TVs have a 60 Hz refresh rate, I don't think it would be of much benefit. A fully locked 60 fps will still be awesome to have.

Agree - I'm gonna be happy with 4K at a sustained 60fps. 120 doesn't bother me.

I hope you guys get a workable version on the XBX. I know that backwards compatibility is slightly different on the two consoles but in an interview in August around Odyssey, the interviewed Devs didn't sound like they would be doing anything specific to Elite.

Last question in the piece.
On the PS4 sub forum, we are hoping like you that the compatibilty mode will give an improvement (we are not currently listed in the non-compatible games list - but nothing has officially come from Frontier.)

Suggestion: wait until they announce full detail of the upcoming update. That’s when we would see any details around hardware, settings, etc.

It’s fine to talk about it and make suggestions but not sure anyone in the forums would have confirmation at this point or more info

I'm a long way off wanting a Series X, early adopters are always spanked, plus a hardware revision or two won't hurt. MS like making people buy things 3 times it seems......

As for the topic, I doubt it, certainly not for a good while. Compatibility won't be an issue, MS have that covered. So graffix, graffix, graffix people will be stuck with the barbaric 4K and whatever 1X enhancements there are.

I'm a long way off wanting a Series X, early adopters are always spanked, plus a hardware revision or two won't hurt. MS like making people buy things 3 times it seems......

As for the topic, I doubt it, certainly not for a good while. Compatibility won't be an issue, MS have that covered. So graffix, graffix, graffix people will be stuck with the barbaric 4K and whatever 1X enhancements there are.

My day one Scorpio has been faultless since it arrived on Nov 7th 2017... but believe the internet and these things were blowing up just by being looked at funny.

My day one Scorpio has been faultless since it arrived on Nov 7th 2017... but believe the internet and these things were blowing up just by being looked at funny.

Not really my point, but I've heard Series X has a heat problem.

My main point is that later hardware revisions are usually a marked improvement over first editions. Oh and one terabyte SSD? Nope, considering this gen already likes to help itself to most of your hard drive, plus a TBW of 600 on the aforementioned SSD, means I'm waiting a while.

Plus I'm a fickle gamer, so I end up installing/uninstalling a lot.

1080/30 is plenty good enough for me for now.

My main point is that later hardware revisions are usually a marked improvement over first editions. Oh and one terabyte SSD? Nope, considering this gen already likes to help itself to most of your hard drive, plus a TBW of 600 on the aforementioned SSD, means I'm waiting a while.

Plus I'm a fickle gamer, so I end up installing/uninstalling a lot.

1080/30 is plenty good enough for me for now.

It doesn't have a heat problem, but obviously you can choose if and when you want to upgrade. Just be well informed.

It's far from having a heat problem. If anything, the cooling is over engineered at the moment. Latter games may push the chipset and thereby the cooling but for launch, I doubt Elite will register on the scale

It's far from having a heat problem. If anything, the cooling is over engineered at the moment. Latter games may push the chipset and thereby the cooling but for launch, I doubt Elite will register on the scale

Exactly, it was a taken out of context comment from a YouTuber. The heat is exactly where you want it, coming out the exhaust port!

I hope you guys get a workable version on the XBX. I know that backwards compatibility is slightly different on the two consoles but in an interview in August around Odyssey, the interviewed Devs didn't sound like they would be doing anything specific to Elite.

Last question in the piece.
On the PS4 sub forum, we are hoping like you that the compatibilty mode will give an improvement (we are not currently listed in the non-compatible games list - but nothing has officially come from Frontier.)

I`ll eat my keyboard if Elite is not running Day1 on Xbox Series consoles.

In terms of improvements, we can expect a locked 60fps in 4k/quality mode (on series X) and HDR (on Series S and X), along with the improved load times of course.

Regardless, still waiting for the 2TB model. The fact I'm still in a t-shirt in late October with no heating on should tell you my aversion to heat anyway.

I appreciate the reason you are holding off is based on price, but just for clarity - either console is not going to make a single degree of difference to the temperature of anyone`s room.

I appreciate the reason you are holding off is based on price, but just for clarity - either console is not going to make a single degree of difference to the temperature of anyone`s room.
Not strictly true, if the custom Zen2 APU inside it is more efficient than the Ryzen 7 CPU in my laptop it'll be outputting less heat than the 80 degrees this baby can get up to when gaming, and therefore there's a good chance of a few degrees of difference in my small bedroom if I'm using that to game on instead. I might even need to put the heating on.

so what you are all saying is not only do I get the most powerful console eva but I will also save money on heating??
win win innit?!

Whatever they end up doing, I’m sure we’ll—

CONNECTION ERROR
Could not connect to server.
Error Code: Orange Sidewinder

Press OK to return to the main menu.

[ OK ]

lol...this is the real concern. I missed the entire community goal due to this. It was impossible to engineer a new ship for Ax.

Top Bottom