Option to save ship build?

Its very frustrating that I have to switch out modules all the time, for example, turning my Anaconda into a trading ship, then back to a combat ship, or exploration ship. I think the ability to save your builds and apply them again later (within the outfitting menu, of course) would be a very handy option. So you could have a saved ship build for every role you want, instead of trying to remember which modules you implemented for your previous build. I think this would save a lot of time, and allow players to easily review a build, and then switch to it with just one click.

Thoughts? (My apologies if this has already been suggested/discussed)

Last edited:

Lestat

Banned
Its very frustrating that I have to switch out modules all the time, for example, turning my Anaconda into a trading ship, then back to a combat ship, or exploration ship. I think the ability to save your builds and apply them again later (within the outfitting menu, of course) would be a very handy option. So you could have a saved ship build for every role you want, instead of trying to remember which modules you implemented for your previous build. I think this would save a lot of time, and allow players to easily review a build, and then switch to it with just one click.

Thoughts? (My apologies if this has already been suggested/discussed)
One thing you could have done was look up this topic. There like 1 or 2 of the same topic about save module layouts.

But the best idea is to make dedicated ships so you don't have to switch modules.

Thanks for bringing this up again. I agree, it should continue to be brought to the developer's attention, as it's a simple but very handy QoL feature.

Buying the same ship multiple times may suit some people's playstyle, but to me that feels more like a workaround because there's no ship loadout profile saving. It's also an expensive and time consuming workaround if you're buying multiple Anacondas with all the upgraded modules, and redoing a lot of the engineering. It's pretty ridiculous actually.

I did look it up and I didn't find anything, I scrolled about two pages through Suggestions but didn't find anything on it, like I said, my apologies.

I agree with CMDR Novindus. Im not loaded with credits, I cant rebuy my ships and re-engineer them like some veteran players can. You have to agree Lestat, that it is a much quicker option, easier and convenient, and im quite sure rebuying the ship and refitting it isn't the best option, especially for newer players or people that don't have that much time.

Again, my apologies, I didn't scroll far through search results. It was just a thought and I typed it up quickly. One of those posts is from last year too, and nothing has changed, bringing it to light again rather than bringing up dead threads seems like a better idea.

Lestat

Banned
Again, my apologies, I didn't scroll far through search results. It was just a thought and I typed it up quickly. One of those posts is from last year too, and nothing has changed, bringing it to light again rather than bringing up dead threads seems like a better idea.
Last year was only a few months ago and a little research will save people from having to reposting their views on the idea.

Last year was only a few months ago and a little research will save people from having to reposting their views on the idea.

Dude, March 2018 was a year ago.

Reposting these ideas after they've been forgotten isn't a bad thing, it still hasn't been implemented so bringing the idea back and proving it is a feature people really would like is a good thing to do, not bringing up dead threads like I said earlier.

Dude, March 2018 was a year ago.

Reposting these ideas after they've been forgotten isn't a bad thing, it still hasn't been implemented so bringing the idea back and proving it is a feature people really would like is a good thing to do, not bringing up dead threads like I said earlier.

There's no rule against bringing up something that has been brought up before. If there was, more than half the forum members would be banned.

If you have something to say about a topic, and there doesn't appear to be a currently active thread about it, then by all means create a new thread and have your say, and don't worry about appeasing the self-appointed forum police.

There's no rule against bringing up something that has been brought up before. If there was, more than half the forum members would be banned.

If you have something to say about a topic, and there doesn't appear to be a currently active thread, then by all means create a new thread and have your say, and don't worry about appeasing the self-appointed forum police.

Thank you

If you already have all the modules to switch each time you want you change the build, buy a new ship is not so " hard ". You already have done the big part of the building cost.

The problem is not the building costs but the materials for modding.
OK, I admit it is no problem for me but it might be for others.

Also transfering modules instead of ships is cheaper and easier as you can use any outfitter and not just the shipyards.

Thanks for bringing this up again. I agree, it should continue to be brought to the developer's attention, as it's a simple but very handy QoL feature.

Buying the same ship multiple times may suit some people's playstyle, but to me that feels more like a workaround because there's no ship loadout profile saving. It's also an expensive and time consuming workaround if you're buying multiple Anacondas with all the upgraded modules, and redoing a lot of the engineering. It's pretty ridiculous actually.

It may not be as simple as some people seem to always assume the things they want are.

This may be a useful idea for newer players, but eventually, what Lestat suggested is a better solution and in no way ridiculous. Personally, I'm more a fan of using different types of ships for different roles, but have finally found a ship that (for me) is the best option for a few different roles, and having more than one is a far better option than storing loads of engineered modules and swapping them out - with or without a quick profile system. There are only two modules that are duplicates between my combat and mining builds - thrusters and FSD. Every other core module, optional internal, utility, weapon and even armour is either a different module or engineered differently. Once you get to that horrible place where you have 50-80 different engineered weapons (stupid PP Weapons!) there simply isn't enough storage space to accommodate multiple ship loadouts, so a different ship does become a better option.

I guess its down to the player. I switch out quite a few modules to change my ships roles so it'd save a lot of time and remembering the modules I used for each role. And even if you are changing just a few modules, it would make it much quicker.

I cant afford to buy new ships though, along with many other players. For example, I cant buy two Anacondas. Some vet players can, billionaires. But for small time players, with not a lot of credits, or with a poor memory, I think it would be a good feature. Plus being able to fully review a ship and compare them to other builds/ships. Maybe even have the ability to share/upload your build to the Forums too. Yes I know there are many shipbuilders out there for ED. But it'd be nice for something similar in-game, for console players perhaps, who dont own PC's and it can be harder to get around websites like Coriolis on something like a phone.

Im thinking of the majority of players here. Instead of billionaires/vets who dont need a feature like this.

Last edited:
It's more useful right at the beginning but credits are so easy to come by that seems moot in general.

If you are swapping modules they are not duplicates.
When you really make a specialized loadout, it becomes clear that getting another hull is preferred to saving/swapping.

I buy hulls just to store modules in fact.

It's more useful right at the beginning but credits are so easy to come by that seems moot in general.

If you are swapping modules they are not duplicates.
When you really make a specialized loadout, it becomes clear that getting another hull is preferred to saving/swapping.

I buy hulls just to store modules in fact.

I know what you mean. Like I'll never change modules on my FDL because Ive engineered everything on it for combat. If I want another for PvP combat instead, Id just buy another FDL. But as I said, itd be good for newer players or players who aren't going to remember the modules for each role, if theyre not heavily engineered and they use the ship for many different things, and don't have many credits : p Plus the ability to review/share these builds, just makes it a tad easier and simpler IMO.

I know what you mean. Like I'll never change modules on my FDL because Ive engineered everything on it for combat. If I want another for PvP combat instead, Id just buy another FDL. But as I said, itd be good for newer players or players who aren't going to remember the modules for each role, if theyre not heavily engineered and they use the ship for many different things, and don't have many credits : p Plus the ability to review/share these builds, just makes it a tad easier and simpler IMO.

Even going from an exploration to a trade build in an Anaconda means a bunch of swapping.
It's been brought up many times and while I'm not opposed, it's just not something I'd use anymore.

Some better way of organizing stored modules would be really appreciated otoh.

Even going from an exploration to a trade build in an Anaconda means a bunch of swapping.
It's been brought up many times and while I'm not opposed, it's just not something I'd use anymore.

Some better way of organizing stored modules would be rally appreciated otoh.
I agree, I think theres a filter, but its still not great. I get lost scrolling through my dozens of modules trying to find one or two for my Asp 😑

Top Bottom