Option to turn off FREEFORM on track rides

@Eva first I thought: what's your problem with laying down a track with this amazing tools, but now I also would like to have it... (see why below)

@Nemmie thanks for the info, maybe that also can help me!

I even tried to make two wooden coasters (later synchronised) that are mirrored at some parts of the track and it was a pain in the ***!
I will also try your suggestion @Nemmie to try it again, but I think it would be really helpful to have track pieces that you can place really easy like, yes like in RCT!
Something like a easy track editor with finished pieces to lay down!
Like the finished pieces for looping, corkscrew etc. also a s-curved piece or a sharp bend!
Hope you know what I mean? Maybe it would help just to know how long the piece you want to place down is to do the same thing mirrored for the other coaster!

A good example is Theme Park Studio, that has a really easy to use track editor AND a more professional one for advanced users!
The big advantage is that you can use/combine both at any time!
Also a good thing in TPS is that you can build the complete track/layout of your coaster on the ground (and later rise and lower it where needed) and without placing a station (you can do that later)

I don't say that Planet Coaster is bad (best one of all)!
Just a info before someone is...

Last edited:
@Eva first I thought: what's your problem with laying down a track with this amazing tools, but now I also would like to have it... (see why below)

@Nemmie thanks for the info, maybe that also can help me!

I even tried to make two wooden coasters (later synchronised) that are mirrored at some parts of the track and it was a pain in the ***!
I will also try your suggestion @Nemmie to try it again, but I think it would be really helpful to have track pieces that you can place really easy like, yes like in RCT!
Something like a easy track editor with finished pieces to lay down!
Like the finished pieces for looping, corkscrew etc. also a s-curved piece or a sharp bend!
Hope you know what I mean? Maybe it would help just to know how long the piece you want to place down is to do the same thing mirrored for the other coaster!

A good example is Theme Park Studio, that has a really easy to use track editor AND a more professional one for advanced users!
The big advantage is that you can use/combine both at any time!
Also a good thing in TPS is that you can build the complete track/layout of your coaster on the ground (and later rise and lower it where needed) and without placing a station (you can do that later)

I don't say that Planet Coaster is bad (best one of all)!
Just a info before someone is...

Yes I see where you're coming from, but saying that everybody who is having difficulties doing FREEFORM and ANGLE SNAP will be able to. I think you're right, an easy track editor would be beneficial to EVERYBODY not just people having difficulties doing FREEFORM and ANGLE SNAP!

I agree with becky [up]

PC is great and I like how advanced it is, but its tough for new players, I like/miss the simplicity of RCT it was just more fun to whip up a wild coaster in 10-15mins and enjoy riding it quickly, I also hate building queues in PC cuz everything just takes longer now [bored]

Last edited:
I agree with becky [up]

PC is great and I like how advanced it is, but its tough for new players, I like/miss the simplicity of RCT it was just more fun to whip up a wild coaster in 10-15mins and enjoy riding it quickly, I also hate building queues in PC cuz everything just takes longer now [bored]

I know what both you AND Becky are getting at Creaper, another thing that needs sorting out too is the fact that the land OUTSIDE parks doesn't rise, fall or flatten with the land INSIDE parks and I think it looks ugly - I know you don't go to the edge of your map much but it would look a LOT nicer if the land outside matched the land INSIDE... don't ya think?

I know what both you AND Becky are getting at Creaper, another thing that needs sorting out too is the fact that the land OUTSIDE parks doesn't rise, fall or flatten with the land INSIDE parks and I think it looks ugly - I know you don't go to the edge of your map much but it would look a LOT nicer if the land outside matched the land INSIDE... don't ya think?

Yes I agree with what you say about the surrounding park land, that it would have been batter if it followed any terraforming like it did in RCT3. Not being able to change the land outside of the park boundary, really needs addressing.

Yes I agree with what you say about the surrounding park land, that it would have been batter if it followed any terraforming like it did in RCT3. Not being able to change the land outside of the park boundary, really needs addressing.

I'll deffo second that AND third it! Also there needs to be an option to unlock any scenery that is very close to or inside your park boundary that you don't want!

Why would have a park border then? The park border is a border for your park. This idea would break the definition of a park border!

in RCT3 if you raised/lowered land along side the edge of your park border, it would effect the outside of the park too. This also applied to trees if you placed some trees near the border, more trees would randomly appear outside. Same for water, I was able to make my entire park an island in RCT3 (at least in sandbox) but in PC you cant even make a proper river all the way through without there being a massive wall at the edge breaking the effect.

But Im sure because PC is more complicated this just isnt possible? Like with having different "biomes" or whatever they want to call terrain textures.

Last edited:
I agree there creaper, like you say, maybe this is not possible in PC, but it would have been better if like RCT3, you could make the terrain outside the park boundary, flow with the terrain inside the park. Yes and added trees were not such a bad thing either.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Why would have a park border then? The park border is a border for your park. This idea would break the definition of a park border!

If you look at some of the preset park maps, you can still see the park border dotted line following the raised or lowered contour of the land. But if you try to raise or lower land at or near the park border, you end up with a straight edge of raised or lowered land. This didn't happen in RCT3, So you would still have a contoured park border that would blend in with the land of your park.

No it wouldn't. You'd still be able to see the dotted line. The way the park border is atm when you raise, lower or flatten the land, with the same thing not happening outside your park border, sorry but in my opinion it looks totally UGLY!

Last edited:
Could you maybe tell where you are going wrong? Because I see no need for these type of building pieces since the new coaster editor is very simple.

@Nemmie
After playing around with the track editor (and your tips in mind) I had no problem to build two stations and their tracks exactly the same (mirrored) [up][up][up]
Well I used other settings for me (15°, and set the length myself), but I found my way of building!

I think you just have to play with the tools till you're familiar with it, and then everything works!

@Eva
Just build and try! Goto sandbox and start with what you want to do and try any possible layout till you're familiar with it!
Then you will see that you can do (build) anything!

I also just thought about: first learn to walk, then learn to fly!

I will post a video of I finished the coasters and also put it in workshop!

Last edited:
@Nemmie
After playing around with the track editor (and your tips in mind) I had no problem to build two stations and their tracks exactly the same (mirrored) [up][up][up]
Well I used other settings for me (15°, and set the length myself), but I found my way of building!

I think you just have to play with the tools till you're familiar with it, and then everything works!

@Eva
Just build and try! Goto sandbox and start with what you want to do and try any possible layout till you're familiar with it!
Then you will see that you can do (build) anything!

I also just thought about: first learn to walk, then learn to fly!

I will post a video of I finished the coasters and also put it in workshop!

I'm genuinely really pleased it all clicked into place for you. I literally just read your last post 10 minutes ago asking for tips and I was about to throw a quick tutorial together for you. I can get on playing that Golem Rampage scenario instead [wink] Seriously though, if you do need any help, don't be afraid to ask [big grin][up]

I'm genuinely really pleased it all clicked into place for you. I literally just read your last post 10 minutes ago asking for tips and I was about to throw a quick tutorial together for you. I can get on playing that Golem Rampage scenario instead [wink] Seriously though, if you do need any help, don't be afraid to ask [big grin][up]

TBH I don't think I'll EVER get my head around the FREEFORM and ANGLE SNAP on PC because nothing I try works out for ME! I'm pleased it's working out for you guys that CAN do it but for me, I'll say it again and maintain it - there needs to be an option to turn off FREEFORM and ANGLE SNAP completely and have the track editor similar to RCT3, either that or when you;re installing the game, during setup they need to ask you the question "Are you okay at doing FREEFORM or ANGLE SNAP in the track editor?" and put two buttons there saying "yes" or "no" and if you click on "no", then the track editor should be similar to RCT3 when you start the game!

TBH I don't think I'll EVER get my head around the FREEFORM and ANGLE SNAP on PC

Well, you know, people around here are very helpful and always willing to help people overcome difficulties, and Nemmie (very nice man btw) has offered to help you if you are able to provide him with some information (aka screenshots) of what it is that you find difficult exactly. I would be more than happy to help too, but right now we don't know what the problem is to be able to help other than "I can't do it".

Apologies for misunderstanding in my first comment in this thread, but I have an idea now of what the issue is, just nothing specific enough that I can offer advice with unfortunately.

when you;re installing the game, during setup they need to ask you the question "Are you okay at doing FREEFORM or ANGLE SNAP in the track editor?" and put two buttons there saying "yes" or "no" and if you click on "no", then the track editor should be similar to RCT3 when you start the game!

That is just not feasible.

Unfortunately, Eva, I don't think your going to get much luck with this request. At this point, the devs have put a lot of work into the track editor and it definitely has major improvements compared to RCT3. And yes it is a bit more challenging. You just have to be patient. RCT was simple and you could do things a lot faster. PC has more options, so you have to just take your time. Keep practicing, you will get better. But I will agree that the devs could have done a better job of making the game more user friendly, especially for the less skilled players.

PC caters to the hardcore but not the casual. The devs should understand that there are many people who have different styles or tastes, and should try to find a way to balance things out for both sides. Better tutorials would be step 1 imo, and maybe adding preset track pieces would be a good start too. But theres so many other little things too, the game is just far more advanced so, end of the story is you just gotta deal with it [wink]

If you post screenshots Im sure people can give you more details on what you need help with

Last edited:
Well, you know, people around here are very helpful and always willing to help people overcome difficulties, and Nemmie (very nice man btw) has offered to help you if you are able to provide him with some information (aka screenshots) of what it is that you find difficult exactly. I would be more than happy to help too, but right now we don't know what the problem is to be able to help other than "I can't do it".

Apologies for misunderstanding in my first comment in this thread, but I have an idea now of what the issue is, just nothing specific enough that I can offer advice with unfortunately.

Same here.

The problem is that whenever I try to build a railway or railroad or whatever you guys like to call it, I can't get it to go straight along the boundary of my park, and in previous theme park games, I've been able to build a railway all the way around the edge of my parks with no problems! I have tried every single angle available in the angle snap and nothing works!

Last edited:
Top Bottom