Option to turn off space dust?

Yep could this be included as an option? I understand what it's there for, to give the impression that you are moving forward in a void, however I don't need it and think it looks a bit stupid. I can see I am moving forward by looking at my velocity etc.

Possible addition in the future?

:D

Yep could this be included as an option? I understand what it's there for, to give the impression that you are moving forward in a void, however I don't need it and think it looks a bit stupid. I can see I am moving forward by looking at my velocity etc.

Possible addition in the future?

:D

As with the sound the dust is supposedly generated by you ships computer to give a visual cue as to your direction of movement. If we didn't have it I bet a lot of people would spend 5-10 mins going backwards.

Last edited:
I added this suggestion to FA off: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83424
|
A "3D" speedometer that shows vertical and horizontal movement. If the dust goes away and you have no object close to you, you wouldnt know which direction you are going in. Even with dust it can be a little hard to see exactly now you move. Also for beginners to FA off i think would have real use of my suggestion. Plus made right i think it would be a very cool HUD element. Turn FA off and that comes up on the HUD. Disregard my simple photoshop though, but you get the idea. Anyway, it would be a great help if you could toggle the dust off.

Top Bottom