other games

ice age sounds fun but im guessing the film franchise "ice age" has dibs on all forms of using that name
Honestly, if I find out they managed to trademark the term "Ice age", I'm losing the last bit of hope for humanity.
Last time I checked, unless you're apple, you cannot trademark common words and phrases. There is a limited brand copyright, that allows you to fight against somebody who would want to sell product similar to yours under the same name (i.e. fraud), but other than that, words should still be a free market.

That being said, though, I don't think ice age in particular is a good theme for a Planet game. Besides we already know the roadmap for upcoming Planet games, don't we?

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Honestly, if I find out they managed to trademark the term "Ice age", I'm losing the last bit of hope for humanity.
Last time I checked, unless you're apple, you cannot trademark common words and phrases. There is a limited brand copyright, that allows you to fight against somebody who would want to sell product similar to yours under the same name (i.e. fraud), but other than that, words should still be a free market.

That being said, though, I don't think ice age in particular is a good theme for a Planet game. Besides we already know the roadmap for upcoming Planet games, don't we?
They could argue that it could be confused with any Ice Age franchise game though. What roadmap are you talking about? There isn't an official roadmap that I know of?

Top Bottom