OUT NOW: Sagittarius Eye Issue #22 (Get your copy today!)

I am disappointed in you Sagittarius Eye, First F-Dev, then Obsidian ant, now you guys are incorrectly telling the news. Please get the CORRECT information before reporting to the player base, Incorrect news can be dangerous.

I have already had multiple independent pilots who have attempted to hire me already over this, I have denied them due to my services are being used, but from a mercenary to you guys, please take this down and issue a statement and for future please study the in game material more closely.

It seems there are two fundamental issues here: bias and legitimacy.

Several people have taken offence at perceived bias, which genuinely surprised me. We were unprepared by how much players would themselves directly identify as a fictional superpower so far as to take umbrage on its behalf.

To be blunt, Alliance-pledged players of Elite Dangerous do not equal the fictional political entity of ‘the Alliance’. They are different things, in the same way that the Imperial Senate is not made up of players who identify as Imperials. Frontier own these entities. etc

Yeah - Nah.

Imperial Senate is not how players identify.
Imperial High Command - that's players.

People always say "These entities belong to Frontier"
That's rubbish.
"Frontier" is a big, messy, disconnected, inconsistent, mob. They work in silos and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
They are along for the ride as much as the rest of us.
They have better agency about some stuff, but they don't make the best decisions and they don't have all the agency.
They have to pretend that huge amounts of Player activity didn't happen just so that they can keep their lore roughly how, uh - the guys that took over from Michael Brookes thought it might go, err minus the changes that they made without really understanding the implications. "Did you check the Thargoid Bible before you wrote this?" [lying] "Yeah"; "Fine carry on"

"We did all this work on the Guardians Content and no one really engages with it".
Welcome to our world - where we change stuff in the game and Frontier ignores it.

Ever seen a Community Manager that plays enough to be a decent combat pilot?
Or understand and use the BGS?
Or understand how the interelationships between player groups happen and evolve?

The Alliance has grown from 250 systems in 3301 to nearly a Thousand today. The Imperials and the Feds have shrunk and the Independents have exploded and are everywhere.
Do Frontier try to engage with those FACTS in any way at all?
Any statements from Federation figureheads?
Did the Imperials notice?

Here's an example:
yp2p2aauygfy.jpg

ZYADYA is a formal treaty between the organisations that run Grom and the Imperial PowerPlay groups.
Heck here's a SagI article featuring ZYADYA: https://www.sagittarius-eye.com/victories-and-controversy-for-operation-valentine/
Is it okay that Frontier ignore this?
Players can't ignore it.
It is a fact of life for anyone engaged with PowerPlay.
Whether you are for or against the Empire, you need to understand that Grom is with them and they are with Grom.

So who is the Alliance?
Is it Edmund Mahon? Is it Mic Turner, Meredith Argent and Jo Merion?
Is it the CMDRs of the Alliance Office of Statistics? Month after month they keep Mahon at the top of the PowerPlay ladder.
Is it the GalNet authour? Who can set a story in Lave involving an Alliance Admiral (Riri McAllister) right when Lave is in utter turmoil, and not mention that war.
Is it AID and AEDC and TCF and SCL and FGS and all the Alliance Organisations?

I say it is the CMDRs who make the Alliance what it is.

The Imperials and the Feds had their empires handed to them on a plate.
The Alliance has struggled for every system.
Sometimes against massive organised opposition.
Sometimes against inhuman opposition.

You are "Genuinely Surprised" because you are NOT Alliance.

We identify as Alliance because we ARE.
We model our organisation structures on how we perceive the Alliance to be.
Divided, multiplicitous, fractious, and factional! Full of debate and passion; knowledge and capability.

And we are frequently in opposition to Frontier.
How do you think it feels when we discover an Alliance symbol on the floor hatch in the Krait?
More Alliance content retconned out?

In the words of Allen Stroud: "We decided not to make it Alliance because we thought that would alienate people."
gcluNIm.jpg

Yeah I guess there's not even one percent who identify as Alliance, but we defy those who write garbage about us.
K2Idf43.jpg

unknown.png

1eXrDLM.jpg

I couldn't agree more. The failure by Frontier's lore writers to acknowledge this:

u379KMg.png

.., this:

BlIw1Ky.png

... and this:

c4x3v3V.png

... is a constant source of frustration to me.

This is the outcome of the collective effort of CMDRs in the game since launch. It shows how we're shaping the galaxy. I'd love to see that recognized.

Last edited:
Thanks @SagittariusEye for another great edition. There is an amazing picture of an ice canyon spanning pages 34/35 (pdf page 18), is that part of the ED universe, and if so, can you tell me what system/planet/coordinates that is as I'd like to visit it?

Commanders! Issue #22 of the Sagittarius Eye Magazine is OUT NOW!

In Issue 22, we look back at Distant Worlds 2, get a taste for luxury exploration, investigate the structure of the Alliance, get a war report on the Thargoids, explore the science that powers everything we use, and go back in time to remember Apollo 11.

Seeking Breaking News Writers
Do you have your finger on the pulse of the Galaxy? Do you like digging out news and events from around Galaxy? Do you participate in Powerplay? We’re looking for dedicated writers to cover the news and events from around the Galaxy! Come and share your stories, act as an essential bias-check on our other writers… Visit our Join Us page to find a link to our Discord server.

Audio Edition
The fully voice-acted audio edition of the magazine is now available on a number of services. Visit our podcast website page to see them all.
We are nearing the end of audiofying the back issues. The release rate has been one per week. You’ll soon be able to listen to the entire collection of Sagittarius Eye while out and about in the black!

Seeking News & Event Submissions
Heard some news floating around the spaceways or know about an upcoming event? We’re looking for news and events from around the Galaxy. If you have any leads for news or events, send in a submission via our website.

Sagittarius Eye News Bot
If you’d like to stay up-to-date on news and events from around the Galaxy, visit our bot install page for our Discord notification bot. We are continuously working on improving it to offer better news distribution.

Patreon, PayPal & Ko-fi
If you would like to support us, we have a Patreon that offers various rewards to supporters. All funds raised go towards paying our operating costs. Even $1 helps and it would get your name in the magazine!
If you don’t use Patreon and would like to make a one-time donation to the magazine, we have a PayPal Donation Link.
If you’d prefer not to use either of the above, we have opened a Ko-fi page as another way to donate to Sagittarius Eye.

Our next issue will be released on Thursday, July 18th. Until then, enjoy some downtime and maybe pay a visit to Millese and visit The Printworks! Some staff will be on hand to offer office tours.

Zbigniew "Ziggy" Czachor
Sagittarius Eye Community Manager
On behalf of the Sagittarius Eye team

===============================================================

Farewell from the Office Manager

I joined Sagittarius Eye in March 3304 as a photographer. At the time SAGi had an in-house photography team to help source all the beautiful shots you see in the magazine. I was out in Colonia at the time and was one of only two SAGi photographers out in that part of space.

After one month, the SPVFA was brought in and all the SAGi photographers were either absorbed into the SPVFA or transitioned to other positions within SAGi. The SPVFA was able to offer near Galaxy-wide coverage for photography and was able to get needed shots faster. As no other positions within SAGi really suited me, I became the first Office Manager. Since then, I have done a variety of tasks mostly behind the scenes to help and, on the odd occasion, have written Bulletin scripts and even an article.

With other events soon to demand more of my time, I’ll be handing over the reins to a new Office Manager, Icarus Maru. We'll be going through a transition period to ensure the handover is as smooth as possible and that Icarus is fully up to speed. I’ll be hanging around the SAGi office for a little while after that to answer any questions the team might have and to give any advice that might be needed. After that, I’ll be casting off and opening the sails to head off into the black.

Thank you to all my fellow SAGi co-workers. The journey was unforgettable.

Craig Uchuu (for the final time)
Sagittarius Eye Office Manager​
Commanders! Issue #22 of the Sagittarius Eye Magazine is OUT NOW!

In Issue 22, we look back at Distant Worlds 2, get a taste for luxury exploration, investigate the structure of the Alliance, get a war report on the Thargoids, explore the science that powers everything we use, and go back in time to remember Apollo 11.

Seeking Breaking News Writers
Do you have your finger on the pulse of the Galaxy? Do you like digging out news and events from around Galaxy? Do you participate in Powerplay? We’re looking for dedicated writers to cover the news and events from around the Galaxy! Come and share your stories, act as an essential bias-check on our other writers… Visit our Join Us page to find a link to our Discord server.

Audio Edition
The fully voice-acted audio edition of the magazine is now available on a number of services. Visit our podcast website page to see them all.
We are nearing the end of audiofying the back issues. The release rate has been one per week. You’ll soon be able to listen to the entire collection of Sagittarius Eye while out and about in the black!

Seeking News & Event Submissions
Heard some news floating around the spaceways or know about an upcoming event? We’re looking for news and events from around the Galaxy. If you have any leads for news or events, send in a submission via our website.

Sagittarius Eye News Bot
If you’d like to stay up-to-date on news and events from around the Galaxy, visit our bot install page for our Discord notification bot. We are continuously working on improving it to offer better news distribution.

Patreon, PayPal & Ko-fi
If you would like to support us, we have a Patreon that offers various rewards to supporters. All funds raised go towards paying our operating costs. Even $1 helps and it would get your name in the magazine!
If you don’t use Patreon and would like to make a one-time donation to the magazine, we have a PayPal Donation Link.
If you’d prefer not to use either of the above, we have opened a Ko-fi page as another way to donate to Sagittarius Eye.

Our next issue will be released on Thursday, July 18th. Until then, enjoy some downtime and maybe pay a visit to Millese and visit The Printworks! Some staff will be on hand to offer office tours.

Zbigniew "Ziggy" Czachor
Sagittarius Eye Community Manager
On behalf of the Sagittarius Eye team

===============================================================

Farewell from the Office Manager

I joined Sagittarius Eye in March 3304 as a photographer. At the time SAGi had an in-house photography team to help source all the beautiful shots you see in the magazine. I was out in Colonia at the time and was one of only two SAGi photographers out in that part of space.

After one month, the SPVFA was brought in and all the SAGi photographers were either absorbed into the SPVFA or transitioned to other positions within SAGi. The SPVFA was able to offer near Galaxy-wide coverage for photography and was able to get needed shots faster. As no other positions within SAGi really suited me, I became the first Office Manager. Since then, I have done a variety of tasks mostly behind the scenes to help and, on the odd occasion, have written Bulletin scripts and even an article.

With other events soon to demand more of my time, I’ll be handing over the reins to a new Office Manager, Icarus Maru. We'll be going through a transition period to ensure the handover is as smooth as possible and that Icarus is fully up to speed. I’ll be hanging around the SAGi office for a little while after that to answer any questions the team might have and to give any advice that might be needed. After that, I’ll be casting off and opening the sails to head off into the black.

Thank you to all my fellow SAGi co-workers. The journey was unforgettable.

Craig Uchuu (for the final time)
Sagittarius Eye Office Manager​
Well..there are quite a few things wrong with this issue. a lot of people already covered that so here is my response. On behalf of the Empire we reject Allen and point him to the Alliance to make his home. We do not appreciate the Bias and creation of new lore when he doesn't even work for FDev anymore.

Well..there are quite a few things wrong with this issue. a lot of people already covered that so here is my response. On behalf of the Empire we reject Allen and point him to the Alliance to make his home. We do not appreciate the Bias and creation of new lore when he doesn't even work for FDev anymore.

Sockpuppet much?

i don't see the problem with just joining the Form today. I am an Imperial Supporter. Doesn't mean i am a Sock puppet. I hardly deal in Power play and am good friends with Alliance players. So i don't know why your going to start this off, trying to insult me when i simply made a comment.

So you've just joined the forum today and you "hardly deal in powerplay" but you'll take it on yourself to make sweeping statements "on behalf of the Empire". Doesn't really seem like you're a well enough connected within the Imperial community to make that call, does it?

You may not be a sock puppet, but you certainly seem to have delusions of grandeur.

So you've just joined the forum today and you "hardly deal in powerplay" but you'll take it on yourself to make sweeping statements "on behalf of the Empire". Doesn't really seem like you're a well enough connected within the Imperial community to make that call, does it?

You may not be a sock puppet, but you certainly seem to have delusions of grandeur.
I've done my fair share of powerplay back then. In recent months i don't exactly do powerplay. I still don't see how this has any effect on a joke i made. You make assumptions which are completely wrong...Assumptions make you look toxic as hell. There is absolutely no need for people to get butt hurt over a simple joke.

I've done my fair share of powerplay back then. In recent months i don't exactly do powerplay. I still don't see how this has any effect on a joke i made. You make assumptions which are completely wrong...Assumptions make you look toxic as hell. There is absolutely no need for people to get butt hurt over a simple joke.

The guys at Sag-Eye (of which I'm not one by the way) work incredibly hard to produce this entirely free magazine. Many of them work 30 hour weeks in the run-up to launch - that's a full-time job which none of them gets paid for. It's a fan-made piece of work, of staggeringly high quality.

So I'm really failing to see how what you wrote was "a joke". Feels a lot more like small-minded nitpicking.

This publication is not official, it says right at the front in big writing that it is not affiliated with Frontier; therefore anything written inside is, by default, not lore. It's fan fiction and you know what? If you don't like it you don't have to read it. But don't come on the forums specifically to slap the people who make it because you think there should be some imaginary journalistic standard that they're held to, or because their interpretation of a fictional universe is different to yours.

The guys at Sag-Eye (of which I'm not one by the way) work incredibly hard to produce this entirely free magazine. Many of them work 30 hour weeks in the run-up to launch - that's a full-time job which none of them gets paid for. It's a fan-made piece of work, of staggeringly high quality.

So I'm really failing to see how what you wrote was "a joke". Feels a lot more like small-minded nitpicking.

This publication is not official, it says right at the front in big writing that it is not affiliated with Frontier; therefore anything written inside is, by default, not lore. It's fan fiction and you know what? If you don't like it you don't have to read it. But don't come on the forums specifically to slap the people who make it because you think there should be some imaginary journalistic standard that they're held to, or because their interpretation of a fictional universe is different to yours.
Wow you are really trying to find something to complain about...i guess that's Social Justice at it's best. I will say what i want. It's the internet. what you think is "Nitpicking" isn't nitpicking. If you really want to get into this i'll say this. I....don't...care.... was the words spaced out enough for you to understand? I hope so. I will make whatever jokes i want, i will say what the hell i want. I honestly don't care if your "Offended" at my "Nitpicking." I will continue to say what i feel like saying. If you don't like it..well to bad, get used to it. Yes people do this because they want. Yes they do this without getting paid, however if your going to do this for that long.."30 hour weeks" they can at least fact check their magazine. If you want to see complaining i can complain. Now please, do something better with your life then being a Social Justice Warrior and complain that people don't have the same opinion as you. Thank you, do have a good day.

Last edited:
Best of luck Cmdr. Uchuu! SAGi is the best fan magazine I have ever come across. It adds so much to the game world. Thank you (and the rest of the SAGi staff!) for your efforts in making such a standout ezine! o7

Top Bottom