Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

Final Tally for the 14th seems to be 249 successful rescues, unless there's more paperwork outstanding, yet to be filed. Congratulations and a massive well done to all involved!

This weekend has been insane.
You see where those peaks on the chart are around 150 cases?

Yeah... 215 cases yesterday. (13 June)
221, and still an hour to go for 14 June.

I'm currently trying to find the rat who fell asleep on their "Summon Client" button...

Yeah, just to snapshot the current total rescues graph for the past year:

1592220213427.png

Is there a pattern to the cases?

I just refuelled a mining cutter, got caught out with last jump into an outpost-only system, KGBFOAM star but no scoop obviously, and a number of others seem to be non-newbies.

Is there a pattern to the cases?

I just refuelled a mining cutter, got caught out with last jump into an outpost-only system, KGBFOAM star but no scoop obviously, and a number of others seem to be non-newbies.

It's been mostly newbies... sale on PC and Xbox in the last few days.

But earlier this week there was quite a few returning cmdrs who'd forgotten how to fuel scoop, heading off to the new triple LTD spot :)

Fuel rats should be an official in game service...and the founding persons/group should have their names on the main station plaque along with a HUD virtual board of current members. Also crime and punishment values for members who fail pick ups and actual bonuses for saves

Alert Rats, grab your Limpets and power up those totally overcharged hyperdrives!
I feel a power surge fuel lack surge incoming starting 19 Nov!

because,
"[Elite] will be available for free from 19 Nov to 26 Nov."

(and yes I promise I'll brush the dust off my Rattaconda or even Rattalooga for those days ... lack of Ratting time dontchaknow ...)
A fitting Rattatoon (from The Fuel Rats Artist's Collective ...)
42203161462_4cf7a52d2a_c.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah well if Ravenov would have written a post for each and every rescue they've been in, like rats did back in the early days, this forum would have ran out of space ;)

Or actually Rav wouldn't necessarily have as many FLs like they now have, since at least half the time would have been spent on writing here...

Times change and platforms which people hang about change :) The #ratchat at irc is still there, very active and the general hub of all things fuelratty. But I'll try to drop a post here more often from now on :) And sucker others to write too!

All rocking chairs ready!!! Okay, after we wheelchaired off to help some helpless greenhorns in teh next days ... creaky stuff.

I also sometimes miss the good old verbose Spatching times. Where spatching had been a story by itself ... with spatch-specific hailing lines ... you remember? Ofc, a horror movie sometimes, well yeah.

Ah well, brushing the dust off my Ratship to get back in the seat in the next days.

Sucker right here might get back into writing and you never know.....ratting too.

Ooh yeah, the FRAC would welcome moar stories! Shoot!

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Well it's certainly been busy today! The text in Fuelrats was scrolling so fast I honestly felt sorry for the Dispatchers! I was having great difficulty keeping up myself and could only imagine what it must have been like for them! I only completed 2 rescues myself, both in the protected new pilots area - the second one proving to be a bit more erm... challenging.... than usual! I'm sure these odd cases I get are specially chosen for me - some kind of test maybe? LOL I'm getting paranoid now. I know I spent a LONG time with him as various problems arose and even had to repair his hull after he was attacked during the debrief and low-waked away. He had been trying to reach a station on the edge of an asteroid belt in one of the starter systems but kept telling me he was being 'dropped' by being 'too close'. After much headscratching, I managed to find him again and realised he was being mass-locked by the asteroids - as it kept happening to me by then! Eventually I concluded we should try jumping out and back into the system as by now we were coming from an unusual direction, and fortunately that worked - he finally made it to the station where we finished the debrief. I don't know how long I was with him but it must have been getting on for a couple of hours!

Ravenov certainly has my admiration with all those FLs, I can't imagine ever reaching those dizzy heights on the Leaderboard. Though I did get a shock when I checked my own progress as instead of 54 (or now 55) it actually showed 378! Apparently it's a known bug.... oh well. :)

Top Bottom