Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

Hello! Do the fuel rats have a squadron or is it just a community of pilots? I want to join you, but I do not know English very well, not so well that I can chat without any problems. Wouldn't that be a problem?

Someone posted a very fitting song for the rats:

Short question:

Im hanging out in Ceos atm farming like a baller für Federall Rank and Spacebucks. I noticed during my downtime that they actualy sell the Corvette here and now my Brain forces me with a gun to the head to get a Corvette back from there. I just want to make sure im planning my route back right and beforehand:

Next Class 7 Fuelscoop is like 100ly away so the way back will start in Almagest from the Sirius Reach, i will have to double check where i can A-Grade the FSD on the way, blueprint is pinned and enough Mats for full grade 3 are provided (dont think it will be enough jumprange tho). To get better range i more than likely will fly without shields and D-Rate as much as posibru. Route-planner will be set on KGBFOAM, i should be save here (i hope).

Anything im missing in my planning? After watching nearly all schooling videos from and with the fuelrats i realy want to try and not run out of fuel within my first year of elite, so if im not thinking about something right now (which more than likely is posibru) please let me know

Rats, we are featured in Frontier's latest "Walk through the Station" tour :D Rat product placement!

gGBZEoT.jpg

Short question: ... Anything im missing in my planning?

Sounds good. Just watch the brown line, and refuel at the next star at hand before you reach the part where it becomes dotted ... otherwise, you know whom to call ^o">

Last edited:
Whats people's thoughts on the Fuel Rats operating in other games?

With the, err... current events going on, and Elite cmdrs branching out, it could be a good time to consider the future. Some games may come around which are multiplayer and have mechanics which support a refuel/repair type profession, and of course ED will get switched off at some point.

I see that an "org" has already made in Star Citizen for us: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/FUELRATS
And they've teased refuel and repair with a few ships: the Vulcan, Starfarer and Polaris(?), with the first probably being most applicable to current rescues:

Source: https://youtu.be/4HjLDqGElgo?t=32

I've already done two rescues, more along the supplementary lines we've done before. One was a cmdr/captain stranded on a planet, ship destroyed; the other a player physically stuck between two pipes in a hostile space station, so i came along in my little Aurora and gave him a nudge which freed him to EVA away.
But all this got me wondering about our plans.

Also Clapton or @Absolver if i could get an invite into the SC org please?

EDIT: getting my rescue on! :cool:

1626983025270-jpg.251768

1626984198447-jpg.251769

Last edited:
@ Memners of the Fuel Rats here.

When I was rescued by two of your members, among which CMdr Aleethia which I still have as in-game friend, I indicated my intention to join the Fuel rats at some point.

I've managed to log in and do some stuff in your website but have been unable to fully comprehend what was needed to start drills, it will come eventually, meanwhile, I've been to Rodentia, done some trading for the Fuel rats there, managed to get myself a bounty and notoriety during bounty hunting after screwing up my first trade mission (wrong choice with a Type 7 requesting a large docking pad).

I tried to contact some of you without succes so far (where is Aleethia gone, I haven't seen her in the game for ages), still want to join but I'd like to be useful in a different way if you guys wish, by offering free full Carrier Service at a location of your choice.

It will mean for me to be able to trade, mine there or leave the carrier there and be based in CEOS where I can make the credit needed for the Carrier services and weekly upkeep.

I'm on my way back to CEOS and if my offer is of any use to you guys, just let me know, other than that, I wish what is needed to join was made just a little clearer in your website, I'm not very fast. LOL. I got myself an IRC which I wasn't able to license this month, then lost one of my disk partitions where all my Apps were stocked, long story, still have some work to do... Anyway, contact me any time about the Fleet Carrier.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
@ Memners of the Fuel Rats here.

When I was rescued by two of your members, among which CMdr Aleethia which I still have as in-game friend, I indicated my intention to join the Fuel rats at some point.

I've managed to log in and do some stuff in your website but have been unable to fully comprehend what was needed to start drills, it will come eventually, meanwhile, I've been to Rodentia, done some trading for the Fuel rats there, managed to get myself a bounty and notoriety during bounty hunting after screwing up my first trade mission (wrong choice with a Type 7 requesting a large docking pad).

I tried to contact some of you without succes so far (where is Aleethia gone, I haven't seen her in the game for ages), still want to join but I'd like to be useful in a different way if you guys wish, by offering free full Carrier Service at a location of your choice.

It will mean for me to be able to trade, mine there or leave the carrier there and be based in CEOS where I can make the credit needed for the Carrier services and weekly upkeep.

I'm on my way back to CEOS and if my offer is of any use to you guys, just let me know, other than that, I wish what is needed to join was made just a little clearer in your website, I'm not very fast. LOL. I got myself an IRC which I wasn't able to license this month, then lost one of my disk partitions where all my Apps were stocked, long story, still have some work to do... Anyway, contact me any time about the Fleet Carrier.

Happy New Year!
Quick comment to say that I have Aleethia in my contacts and I see her online most days. Note however that I tend to play between 5am and 7am UK time so if you're on at a significantly different time of day that may be why you don't run into them. It's been a while since I've been active as a fuel rat so I can't comment on the carrier offer. Best way to contact folks is probably still via the IRC if you can get that to work.

Quick comment to say that I have Aleethia in my contacts and I see her online most days. Note however that I tend to play between 5am and 7am UK time so if you're on at a significantly different time of day that may be why you don't run into them. It's been a while since I've been active as a fuel rat so I can't comment on the carrier offer. Best way to contact folks is probably still via the IRC if you can get that to work.
Thanks! It might (or not) also be because I play exclusively solo, anyway I have tried to contact other Fuel Rats members and to set up my IRC which I did but two things happened recently; first I lost one partition on my HD and had to use a restore point which means that I lost the app because it was stored on the partition I had lost.

I have been unable to license it and it is not going to happen before next month.

So in any case it will take me some time to be able to contact them through IRC, I will try to see if I can contact Aleethia when my Carrier is on station near CEOS by logging in Open Play.

Thanks again for your reply and Happy New Year!

Aleethia is still very much active.

You can always access our IRC here: https://kiwi.fuelrats.com/ That will join you to our chat channel.

For fuel go to: https://www.fuelrats.com/i-need-fuel and click the BIG GREEN button :)
Thanks! I will try that.

For the time being I prep my arrival in Robigo and will station there, then aim for CEOS for transport missions, I need to fill up my credit and Carrier's tank and recover my Anaconda.

Your Kiwi link is asking me for a password, it looks like it is your personal link.

Last edited:
Thanks! I will try that.

For the time being I prep my arrival in Robigo and will station there, then aim for CEOS for transport missions, I need to fill up my credit and Carrier's tank and recover my Anaconda.

Your Kiwi link is asking me for a password, it looks like it is your personal link.

Try deselecting the "I have a password" checkbox.

The password option is for those who have registered, and need to enter a password to be properly identified.

Guests are allowed to access with a non-registered username

Top Bottom