Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

I ran out of fuel once in my first two days. Once I realized that this game would not only let you die, but would actually force you to kill yourself from ignorance, I fell in love with it. I haven't stopped playing since.

But before I blew myself up, I saw in the systems panel that you could turn on a beacon and it made me think... if only some nice person could come by to help me refuel, then I wouldn't have to roleplay dying which hurts even in a fully covered sidewinder! So Yeah, short story long, if the call is very far with lots of data at stake, or very near with all their worldly possessions in their brand new hauler, I will be available for a fuel rat run to the rescue.

Does 1.3 have repair limpets that can fix (other) ships? Or is it just the fuel transfer?

No repair limpets but remember you can cannibalize your ship if a part breaks down completely (reboot/repair). At that point though you should definitely be limping home instead of pressing forward ;)

Last edited:
This looks interesting....
Speed run out to help, explore on the way back, nice.

Cmdr Gimi

Not sure how relevant it is, as most explorers seem to be very concious of their fuel levels. I know I am.
Has anyone actually been stuck while exploring for the lack of fuel.

This looks interesting....
Speed run out to help, explore on the way back, nice.

Cmdr Gimi

Not sure how relevant it is, as most explorers seem to be very concious of their fuel levels. I know I am.
Has anyone actually been stuck while exploring for the lack of fuel.

I got the "main tank depleted" once and I damn near poo'ed myself!

There's a section of non-scoopables about 2KLY out from Sol towards the Trifid nebula that caught me out. It goes on for a long time and you need to keep stopping off from the navigated route to manually look for a suitable scoopable star.

Sign me up. Might have a Rapid Response Conda by time anyone needs some fuel.

Its a small world, I expect someone will be close enough most of the time. Its so small, I got annoyed by some idiot called Surley_Badger tagging a big bunch of NS that I was after just a few days ago ;)

Last edited:
I'm in too.

Guess I should plan on swinging back by civilized space to fit one of these before heading out to Great Annihilator again.

Last edited:
Maybe...once...just a couple of days ago...full story here (to avoid hijacking this thread)

In light of this, I am probably not the best qualified to offer refuelling help :D

Thank you for a nice story. I'll try to learn from your mistake (yeah, right, not going to happen).
Anyway, 19 kylies, that is about 8 to 10 hours in an ASP without pushing too hard, so two evenings given that I have "permission" from "CINC** HOME". I would give that a go.

**CINC = Commander in Chief

Just had a thought based on my recent experience - anyone stranded needs to make sure they do not deplete their reserve tank - you need to open your cargo hatch to take on fuel, which requires power, and you need fuel for power.

Just had a thought based on my recent experience - anyone stranded needs to make sure they do not deplete their reserve tank - you need to open your cargo hatch to take on fuel, which requires power, and you need fuel for power.

Good point, also not sure how the fuel drones will work, but you may need to be able to move to scoop them.

Top Bottom