Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

Which is a thought.... you will be using fuel the whole time you are waiting, so what's to say you don't run out before someone can get to you?

Good point, also not sure how the fuel drones will work, but you may need to be able to move to scoop them.

I am not in the beta but from what I have seen on twitch streams, the refueller 'targets' the recipient, so you just sit there with your hatch open.

I am also interested how much weight the kit will take as you need controller modules and cargo space for the drones.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is a thought.... you will be using fuel the whole time you are waiting, so what's to say you don't run out before someone can get to you?

Yes...although being logged out for the interim should solve that problem, although immersion breaking.

Add me too (Cmdr Skibbering).

Though I'm just on my way back in, probably will be hanging around (un)civilised space for a while, unless I see the bat-signal.

International Space Rescue! :) Great to see more non-kill-Kill-KILL roles!

Next up, some Salvage or Repair roles, maybe even some construction?

the refueller 'targets' the recipient, so you just sit there with your hatch open.

Correction, it seems you don't need to open the cargo hatch - so it may be possible to fuel a ship completely out of fuel - I am happy to test this with someone once 1.3 is released :)

As an explorer who has done the 5 jump , nothing but brown dwarf main star..... i applaud the valiant men/women who will risk their lives/ships/time to rescue me from my own stupidity......

Gimmie a chance to make my own mark... and i'll join you guys safeguarding explorers

You don't use fuel when you're not logged in though. So if you were waiting for fuel then you'd have to log out, post your SOS and wait for your valiant hero to be in the right system before you log back in.

I'd also be happy to take fuel to anyone in my vicinity if I'm in a ship with drones, which I may or may not be depending on whether I head back out before 1.3 drops. I'll even log into Open to meet someone. (IGN: CMDR Cruento Mucrone)

Awesome idea!

I'll help once I grind enough CRs to get a decent ship (in a Hauler now which I admit, after so much exploration in it, I'm becoming rather fond of).

Last edited:
By the way, sign me up for urban space as well...after this expedition I will take a break and do a lot of exploring in civilization... if I'm around, wouldn't mind helping!!!

Also, how are we going to get paid?? hmm..at what point are we going to rip off our unfortunate customers??

Remember people, this is not just "United Nations coming to rescue you!" Or the army!..is more "Oh darn, call these people who will rip me off for a can of fuel!"

----

If out in the open, you would be forced now to come back and pay me us in palladium or whatever the most expensive commodity is after PP.

Otherwise, how are we going to guarantee payment?

If the player goes Solo, or "missing" after refueling, then there should be also a Board of Shame in this thread with their names, so we all know and will hunt said person, KOS type of deal.

I dunno...suggestions only.

If out in the open, you would be forced now to come back and pay me us in palladium or whatever the most expensive commodity is after PP.

Otherwise, how are we going to guarantee payment?

If the player goes Solo, or "missing" after refueling, then there should be also a Board of Shame in this thread with their names, so we all know and will hunt said person, KOS type of deal.

I dunno...suggestions only.

That would probably be breaking the "name and shame" rule of the forum. A list of known "credit worthy" commanders might be allowed, though I really hope noone would need help twice.

Last edited:
I was wondering how the fact you start in solo and have to jump to enter open would effect you if you logged out or disconnected?

Anyone fancy testing this?bim happy to try in beta6. It may mean if you log you can't be rescued? You may have to remain logged in for any chance.

Last edited:
in a Hauler now which I admit, after so much exploration in it, I'm becoming rather fond of

So I'm not alone in the galaxy in loving my Hauler. I like you.

Picking my way back from Sgr A* right now, once I get back into the bubble, I might give the old girl a break and upgrade to a larger ship, kitting that out to be a fuel tanker could be interesting. We'll see once I'm back at Sol sipping a beer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom