Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

So i'd like to know why I was banned from the fuel rats after a stupid, simple little joke for April fools day?? You were not busy, the chat was straight dead, and I used a fake name and system. Also, The name used was that of someone who ACTUALLY DID spam us. I just re-entered it. Id like to speak with the owner or someone with some brains maybe because obviously the person who banned me has absolutely none and cant take a joke. Thank you very much!!

So i'd like to know why I was banned from the fuel rats after a stupid, simple little joke for April fools day?? You were not busy, the chat was straight dead, and I used a fake name and system. Also, The name used was that of someone who ACTUALLY DID spam us. I just re-entered it. Id like to speak with the owner or someone with some brains maybe because obviously the person who banned me has absolutely none and cant take a joke. Thank you very much!!

Hello, you were informed about the reasons for your ban by an email to your registered account yesterday, the terms of service you checked "I have read and agreed" to when you created your account explicitly forbids what you did. We do not generally discuss bans in places like this, but you are welcome to send a ban appeal by email to ops@fuelrats.com

P.S: Insulting members of our moderator team is generally not a conducive way to reduce your ban.

Wow, that's awesome with Der Spiegel indeed. And quite a good article, considering what could have been written. BTW there was one in a smaller German newspaper in 2016. Don't know of other articles in non-gamer/it magazines, though.

... aaaaah ... I think I'll have to log in and rat a bit during lunchbreak. Long time no see ... I need to develop some "short-time-more-often" rat routine.

As for Daredthunder - style bans ... I'd speak up for a second chance after a while of introspection in the Bad Rat Bin (and sparing the "brain" part). Mischief does mischief, eh? It's even in our second name ...
So xlexious' Ban Appeal option seems quite a good idea in my view.
A slap over the paw and get on with it. Squeak.

Last edited:
I'd say close to zero chance.

We're a non-official group, so a button specifically for the Fuel Rats would be seen as favouritism; why not a button for Iridium Wing? or East India Company when you need something to unlock an engineer; or even a button to summon a pirate/gank?

The last point is another issue, how would vetting help work? You'd get griefers dialling a rat, and hoping to blow us up. So would there be checks on who's calling, are they in a wing, their wanted level, etc

It's been discussed before, and same issues haven't been resolved.
Best bet would be an official SDK/API toolset, that allowed 3rd parties to build add-ins CMDRs could choose to download into their cockpit (GUI/menus). Then you could choose to add a Fuel Rat built button straight to our irc (with our usual checks), or EDDB straight to the cockpit, or Spansh for neutron plotting.

Sadly FDev have never said more on an API, so almost zero chance there either. Maybe come 2020...

Ty very much to the team of Fuel Rats for their assistance tonight (i´m Cmdr Darthniell).

It was my first time i went out of fuel xD but they came very quickly in my help! The web its simple and useful, (they have fuel, and you not, i like the idea xD), and the chat have a lot of instructions, easy to follow and with translation to your language. I recommend to everyone to keep in mind their help next time you are engineering you Fer-de-Lance and his "fuel-teacup" went empty xD

Hey everyone - you might want to take a look at this.

Yesterday I was rescued by Cmdr MrNagant after stupidly draining both my fuel tanks 13kLy from the Bubble.
The rescue was completed less than 2 hrs from reporting it to the Rats - amazing service.
The quality of the video does not reflect the quality of the service, but is my record.
Music was his recommendation and played during the rescue:

Hey everyone - you might want to take a look at this.

Completed my comments :)

I'm having trouble registering to become a fuel rat on the website. Everything checks out on the name, CMDR name, password, etc, but when I click 'i want to save others', nothing happens, even after pressing it multiple times. I checked to see if my login would work after this to no result. I even tried doing it on different browsers and computers to the same result? Anyone know what's going on??

I'm having trouble registering to become a fuel rat on the website. Everything checks out on the name, CMDR name, password, etc, but when I click 'i want to save others', nothing happens, even after pressing it multiple times. I checked to see if my login would work after this to no result. I even tried doing it on different browsers and computers to the same result? Anyone know what's going on??

Hi Matt! Sorry that this response took a while.

It looks like we have a rat registered with this exact name back in 6th of September 2018. You perhaps? If you can't remember that password, then try the password reset function.

Please let me know if this doesn't solve it.

Fly safe Cmdr!

Hi Matt! Sorry that this response took a while.

It looks like we have a rat registered with this exact name back in 6th of September 2018. You perhaps? If you can't remember that password, then try the password reset function.

Please let me know if this doesn't solve it.

Fly safe Cmdr!

I'm having a similar problem. Filled everything out but the "I want to rescue others" button is greyed. Tried a few different names but it never worked

Ignore me - I am a fool.

Just back in the bubble :)

Nothing to lose (still had my exploring head on:oops:) - so quick destruct and home.

Cheers all

Top Bottom