Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

Yesterday set new records. Hold onto your pantaloons when you check this out:

Total cases for yesterday (utc): 506, out of which 455 were successes. Out of successes, 10 cases were playstation, 9 were xb.

The free game rush is real. The failure rate for the period is relatively high too, but that is to be analyzed after the flood. I would suspect people testing the game out with stock life supports and taking their time to figure out what's happening and who to call, before starting to hold breath.

Oh, and we did broke the 90k too.

Ha, my feeling was right! Case flood!

Hemhem "In the light of recent events ..." Squeak this. At the current peak in case load, we seem to have enough rats and enough Spatches. But as soon as we start multi-Spatching, the situation quickly becomes a bit messy if the active Spatches are not experienced and good co-workers. Some veteran Rats critizised that this lead to unneccessarily lost cases/death.

Just an idea to solve this: What about installing a "MetaSpatch"/"OverSpatch" position for such high-load times. An Overseer / highly experienced Spatch grabs the position and assigns Spatches to cases. A Spatch only cares for their assigned cases.

OverSpatch: Only they greet Newcomers. (!prep etc). They assign one of the active Spatches immediately afterwards. Points Client to the Spatch "Your Spatch is XX, listen only to him/her"-style).

Spatches: Everything after that, including !go and !close, is done by the Spatch assigned to the case. But only after being assigned to the case by OS.

BTW, scratch this if this topic has been raised already but missed by me!

Discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/FuelRats/comments/jyt3au Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FuelRats/comments/jyt3au/metaspatch_overspatch_for_hot_times_as/

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Ha, my feeling was right! Case flood!

Hemhem "In the light of recent events ..." Squeak this. At the current peak in case load, we seem to have enough rats and enough Spatches. But as soon as we start multi-Spatching, the situation quickly becomes a bit messy if the active Spatches are not experienced and good co-workers. Some veteran Rats critizised that this lead to unneccessarily lost cases/death.

Just an idea to solve this: What about installing a "MetaSpatch"/"OverSpatch" position for such high-load times. An Overseer / highly experienced Spatch grabs the position and assigns Spatches to cases. A Spatch only cares for their assigned cases.

OverSpatch: Only they greet Newcomers. (!prep etc). They assign one of the active Spatches immediately afterwards. Points Client to the Spatch "Your Spatch is XX, listen only to him/her"-style).

Spatches: Everything after that, including !go and !close, is done by the Spatch assigned to the case. But only after being assigned to the case by OS.

BTW, scratch this if this topic has been raised already but missed by me!

Discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/FuelRats/comments/jyt3au Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FuelRats/comments/jyt3au/metaspatch_overspatch_for_hot_times_as/
I think an OverSpatch could be a good idea at such times. I appreciate us 'non-Spatchers' are usually expected to be able to !prep an incoming client, but during the last couple of days this has proved a bit chaotic with several people all jumping in. One person in overall charge I think would be better when it is so busy. I thought the idea of two Spatchers for ODDs and EVENs worked fairly well last night as well. Definitely something to think about though.

Do you need old/retired rats to return to the fray to help manage the workload?
My PC account is in Colonia, and i'm guessing (from a few checks) PS5/4 rats aren't needed to help out?

Is the Fleet Carrier shuttle service working yet? Havent really been keeping up with news.

Check this out, part 2:

Stats from yesterday, 559 cases, out of which 527 were successes. New record, again. Consoles had under 20 cases. Now just waiting for those console Black Friday sales...

The success rate went up from day before, since people started adapting and the odd-even dispaching proved succesful.

Today, at around 19utc (I believe?), we are at 315 cases and rising.

Last edited:
Yesterday had 478 total rescues and 455 successes. Nine success for Playstation, six for xb.

We got additional data to show too, the case reds:

Pre-rush 19th had 80 cases in total and 10 case reds. All CRs were successes.
20th (275 total), 50 CRs, 33 success
21st (510), 99, 53
22nd (559), 86, 56
23rd (478), 68, 47

The earlier day stats have increased a bit, since unfiled paperwork has been handled since I pasted the initial figures. Bit like mail votes coming in to get sorted out ;)

Number are in for yesterday (well they'ven been up there, but I'm off work now): 469 cases (3 still unfiled), 443 successes, 12 non-PC, and 67 CRs and 42 of them successes.

Epicity is still well alive. It would be at least fair to give each dispathcer and rat involved in rescues a Snickers bar.

While not as good as actual Snickers for the dispatchers I do have some words of appreciation ...

Friday stats update! Missed this yesterday, so that first. On Wednesday:
441 total cases, 424 successes, 21 consoles.

And yesterday/Thursday:
414 total cases, 394 successes, 16 consoles.

A steady, but small, decline in numbers since the 22nd.

The total tally so far from the Epic free week is massive 3216 successes and 199 failures. Closing in on 93k.

It has naturally progressed into having the EVEN and ODD dispatcher, during these high times, plus couple special occasion considerations for dispatchers and rats, which are at the #ratchat topic.
The even/odd system has been great, I see a permanent future for this IMO as it's clear to both rats and hats which I did both during peek flood times. But I can't say enough about the improvements to automation and bots that made it possible to actually keep up with things, also as rat and hat.

Top Bottom