Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

Well, we're still clocking 100+ rescues per day, and I have ceased doing daily updates of it...

So here's a pic of the situation, all cases, since 19th:

1607113571869.png

Greetings cmdr's... can anyone help me whit the how to become a fuel rat... i made an account on the site but then how can i begin whit like asking a drill
and how does IRC works... lot's off questions i know :)
thanks for the help...

Greetings cmdr's... can anyone help me whit the how to become a fuel rat...
Great Commander! You'll find step-by-step IRC instructions here.
This really is the key for ratting. Join #RatChat and chat a bit with the Rats and Ratlings, and watch the Rats at work at #fuelrats (DO NOT post there, this is the rescue channel!!)
Then everything will unfold eventually ...
For a drill, you'll need to find an active Seer, but before that you should become familiar to the flow and commands first.
Oh and welcome to watch my ship build guide, it's a bit tarnished but still quite valid.

Thank you for the reply... I did all that but in the
Irc chat i can not log in whit the name i made a fuelrat account. So the dispatch does not recognise me as being a rat... strange situation.

Thank you for the reply... I did all that but in the
Irc chat i can not log in whit the name i made a fuelrat account. So the dispatch does not recognise me as being a rat... strange situation.
Check the port number and all that settings stuff in your IRC. Mechasqueak will let you in if those are correct.

BTW, Rats,m I dug out the 40,000 rescues Rattatoon "R Cat Content" ... unbelieveable that we are now crossing 100,000 ...
42203159442_577f5a72fe_c.jpg
Rattatoon background: Read more at The Fuel Rats Artist Collective

Do the fuel rats offer repair help? My controller went bonkers the other day on a 12k LY passenger run, I hit the too close emergency stop 4 out of 7 jumps so I'm flying a floating scrap heap.

I should be able to get a "How to become a Fuel Rat" video out soon.
@rex1973 our Rescue footage finally gets some love there, and your Golden Damsel shines in it's perfect (drunken?) limpet dance. And of course the TFP vistas ...

Might be a bit redundant, considering the masses of Fuel Rat videos out there, but I just couldn't stop myself ... :)

Oh and since we are at it, I finally had the leasure to paint the Rat plaque from Surly. Stage one, so not perfect (it probably never will be, but that's a Rat's way) ...
fuelrats_plaque.jpg

Last edited:
Mechasqueak is a TV star!!!
I spotted our beloved Rat Mech when it went out to become a TV star in Swedish television! In fact, Mecha is now starring as a robotic monster in the Swedish steampunk child show "Labyrint" (source). Who would have expected Mecha is spending it's holidays (holidays??) like that?
Well WOW!
mechasqueak_labyrint.jpg

Addendum: I just re-printed my "Dispatch Rescue Operations Notepad" from 3303 to prepare for some future spatching ... laminated so that it can be cleaned and used for many rescues. Dispatch board takes care of notekeeping nowadays, but for those who like to track their active rescues by hand, it might be comfortable.
Download the edible editable PDF here.
fuelrats_dispatch_notepad_kl.jpg

Last edited:

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Oh I was at Lavecon 2017 (as it says on the TBYF certificate) wish I'd seen everyone then, but it was before I joined. I could have even 'tried before I [flew]' too! Also... that plaque... I erm aquired one from Cmdr Splendour (the docking darts guy) who had it passed to him at the end of a Lavecon... might have been the same one. When I saw it at another convention (Fantasticon maybe?), my eyes must have lit up because he handed it over to me! :love: LOL I hung it around my neck for the rest of the weekend - but it was a bit heavy! :)

I still have the towel you sent me with my Epic Rescue certificate too.
Source: https://imgur.com/gallery/fNsSzZa

Very cool, Flossy!
I now finished the "How to join the Fuel Rats"-video after checking with fellow Ov and Rat veterans, and adjusting it according to their suggestions (I hope). If you like it, you are most welcome to share, since views show best whether the effort was worth it ô">
Here we go!

Top Bottom