Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

I just wanted to give you guys a Huge shout out and thank you!! Used your amazing service for the first time today and not only was it very easy to use, but CMDR Grayfox2k7 was very helpful and even after the refuel he stuck around and gave me extremely helpful tips and advice! You guys totally rock and I was happy to give you guys a $20 donation. :D please keep up the excellent work you do! CMDR Pluvius420 out.

Just FYI,
the 100,000th Rescue Poster Contest, in preparation for that great event, has now winners!
And the complete ranking is also public now. Here we go

Special thanks to the board members for their effort in choosing between the 13 submissions:
@Surly_Badger, founder of the Fuel Rats; @TartanDragon , Rat Tales Storyteller; @Flossy , not unknown in these forums and other games; @Florenus , winner of the last Rat Art contest in 3304; @Alec Turner, one of the extremely active event organizers / news handlers in these forums; @Orange Sheets, a real Rat veteran.

I have updated the Dispatch Operations Notepad to ver. 2.0. For printing out or editing the PDF directly. Grab it here.
i know that it is a bit redundant since we do have a wonderful web Spatch board, yet for those fellow Spatches who still like to scribble during spatching, it might be comfortable. Including a list of some special Mecha commands that might come handy.
dispatch_notepad_editable.jpg

227 Rescues to go! We should hit the 100k in the next days, Rats!

Aaaand one more thing:
I spoke with Father Cool (he made our famous Fuel Rats logo roundel) and he considers to do a batch of 100k Rat Caps if there are enough Rats interested to get one, more on that later ...

42 Rescues to go! Tonight will be THE NIGHT RATS!
Typical for me, I am not home just this evening (about once a month at,m that this happens, and JUST NOW ... rrah)
All Rats, could anyone please take a screenshort of Rat Stats when we are EXACTLY at 100k?
A stream would also be awesome, though not public (data protection stuff to be cleared first ...)

Hello! Do the fuel rats have a squadron or is it just a community of pilots? I want to join you, but I do not know English very well, not so well that I can chat without any problems. Wouldn't that be a problem?

Short question:

Im hanging out in Ceos atm farming like a baller für Federall Rank and Spacebucks. I noticed during my downtime that they actualy sell the Corvette here and now my Brain forces me with a gun to the head to get a Corvette back from there. I just want to make sure im planning my route back right and beforehand:

Next Class 7 Fuelscoop is like 100ly away so the way back will start in Almagest from the Sirius Reach, i will have to double check where i can A-Grade the FSD on the way, blueprint is pinned and enough Mats for full grade 3 are provided (dont think it will be enough jumprange tho). To get better range i more than likely will fly without shields and D-Rate as much as posibru. Route-planner will be set on KGBFOAM, i should be save here (i hope).

Anything im missing in my planning? After watching nearly all schooling videos from and with the fuelrats i realy want to try and not run out of fuel within my first year of elite, so if im not thinking about something right now (which more than likely is posibru) please let me know

Whats people's thoughts on the Fuel Rats operating in other games?

With the, err... current events going on, and Elite cmdrs branching out, it could be a good time to consider the future. Some games may come around which are multiplayer and have mechanics which support a refuel/repair type profession, and of course ED will get switched off at some point.

I see that an "org" has already made in Star Citizen for us: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/FUELRATS
And they've teased refuel and repair with a few ships: the Vulcan, Starfarer and Polaris(?), with the first probably being most applicable to current rescues:

Source: https://youtu.be/4HjLDqGElgo?t=32

I've already done two rescues, more along the supplementary lines we've done before. One was a cmdr/captain stranded on a planet, ship destroyed; the other a player physically stuck between two pipes in a hostile space station, so i came along in my little Aurora and gave him a nudge which freed him to EVA away.
But all this got me wondering about our plans.

Also Clapton or @Absolver if i could get an invite into the SC org please?

EDIT: getting my rescue on! :cool:

1626983025270-jpg.251768

1626984198447-jpg.251769

Last edited:
Top Bottom