Outposts need frontier solutions

There are many, many systems out there that have no full sized stations and only outposts. These systems can easily enter civil war/war but will have no way to fight for your minor faction on foot. Honestly I don't understand why they wouldn't have these in the first place.

Can't you just physically fly to the CZ? I know I've done this a few times in the alpha. I think all you're losing out on is the dropship entry.

I could be wrong.

Can't you just physically fly to the CZ? I know I've done this a few times in the alpha. I think all you're losing out on is the dropship entry.

I could be wrong.
You can and if done correctly it can be better this way (it lets you repeat it if you do it right) but that doesn't change the fact that FS needs to be at all locations because that's the logical entry point for the average player. There's also no good way to get information about the CZs without FS (which tells you everything you need to know). The system map displays FPS CZs but gives you zero information about them (so you don't know which factions it is or what intensity it is, just where it is).

If the latter was fixed then it wouldn't be so bad. I still don't see why FS wasn't added to Outposts. I don't think the impact was considered.

I could be wrong.
Well, couple of problems there I've run into. There's some seriously weird and buggy behavior with landing at a CZ. I've never once managed to actually touch down on the landing pad at one without a Scarlet Krait error. Land right next to it on empty ground? Good to go. Use the pad? Nope. Because reasons.

There's also some seriously weird that goes on with your ship either being shot at on the ground, or opting to take off on its own, and getting blown up mid-flight.

It's hard to know what even to report on this stuff without knowing what their intentions were.

There's also some seriously weird that goes on with your ship either being shot at on the ground, or opting to take off on its own, and getting blown up mid-flight.
I knew about the error trying to land on a pad at a CZ, which is obviously not how it should be, but I am not sure what you're referencing here. It makes some sense that your ship gets fired at in a combat zone, assuming you've already chosen a side. (For the record, I haven't seen this behavior in the alpha personally-- I have always dismissed my ship prior to joining the CZ.)

Well, couple of problems there I've run into. There's some seriously weird and buggy behavior with landing at a CZ. I've never once managed to actually touch down on the landing pad at one without a Scarlet Krait error. Land right next to it on empty ground? Good to go. Use the pad? Nope. Because reasons.

It's hard to know what even to report on this stuff without knowing what their intentions were.
Yeh, landing on the pad is a no go - this is intentional I believe (Apex won't take you there). But the fact that it results in an error isn't, I'm sure of it.

I think recalling our ships should get the ship to land nearby, outside the settlement. That would work fine. Right now, recalling it tries to land on the pad and perhaps that should also work fine if the CZ is finished. I don't know if they intend for it but we should be able to get our own ship back and go home in it. Anything else is just artificially obtuse.

As it is, you can land nearby and yes... it's weird sometimes. On occasion I've done this and I was able to stay for 5-6 rounds of the same CZ. My SRV was sat there for me the whole time. As was my ship. I think dying (then respawning in the drop ship) causes this to go wrong though. I think it despawns your SRV.

I've seen my ship get attacked by a dropship once, like you. Makes no sense. I've attacked those ships before in my ship and they ignore you normally. So I have no idea why this happened.

The whole thing is janky. It does sort of work. It's just not solid. The only surefire way to get this process to work is to go there in your ship, dismiss it, hope your SRV doesn't get destroyed (and don't die) and then use Apex to return to a station where you can transfer your ship back to.

I agree that Frontline solutions should be added to all based where there is a war. A key component of the land based CZ is the respawn at the dropship.

Without that, players who engage in challenging CZs would die and respawn at their ships and would need to run back to the CZ, and since CZs aren't THAT long, they might spend more time running back than fighting. This would lead players to fighting CZs where the threat is trivial and it is a zero risk time consumer to manipulate the BGS. Still, if that is the goal, it's prolly quicker to load some dumbfire missiles and play the War Crime minigame where you carpet bomb the base and farm easy wins.

I agree that Frontline solutions should be added to all based where there is a war. A key component of the land based CZ is the respawn at the dropship.

Without that, players who engage in challenging CZs would die and respawn at their ships and would need to run back to the CZ,
The good news is, that's not how it works. If you go to a CZ maually and die after selecting a side, you redeploy in the dropship as normal (providing the CZ isn't bugged out of course, but that's another issue and can happen via FS too). I believe firmly that Fdev want us to do this; they want us to be able to get to CZs on our own, it appears to be supported in game. It just needs some fixes and logistical issues addressed to support it fully, as mentioned above.

FS existing at outposts is slightly separate to this (as in, I still think we need them at outposts even though we can go to CZs manually).

I think outposes need level 0 access pubs as well, or some sort of visitor center. I had a vision of walking into a saloon on a dusty planet, doesn't seem to be possible ATM.
I kind of had this in my mind, too. I think settlements should be more functional in general. Mission-giving NPCs, (I know you can get missions from a terminal) and a bar as a baseline, with other services added in for variety. Like science-outposts with a genomics service, etc.

I kind of had this in my mind, too. I think settlements should be more functional in general. Mission-giving NPCs, (I know you can get missions from a terminal) and a bar as a baseline, with other services added in for variety. Like science-outposts with a genomics service, etc.
Yes, this! Make settlements real, live places, not just mission locations!

Top Bottom