General / Off-Topic Overheating!

My van temperature gauge is showing 31.5°C. 😰

I can usually cope with heat (I was in California in 117°f (47°c) once, and it was hot, but I could cope), but it's a dry heat.
It's really humid here right now so I'm dying slowly. Lol

I was at the pool today.

I stayed 1 hour under the sun. After it was too hot. With the hole in the ozone layer, the sunl is much more aggressive than before the 2000s.

I sweated like in a sauna with intense burning sensations.

Put your ships landing gear in nice ice cold bowls of water. So.... that’ll be 2020 for an eva rescue 😆
I like the cold
Flimley

Feels like I accidentally turned on silent running here and now can't turn it off. Having a G5 overcharged and monstered PC doesn't help either.

Feels like I accidentally turned on silent running here and now can't turn it off. Having a G5 overcharged and monstered PC doesn't help either.
Not only that but the water reclamation system must be leaking, since there's no other way it could be this humid.

our office is ok at work... a bit warm but nothing horrible.
the lounge is ok, we have a swamp cooler type fan which helps. The lads bedroom is pretty grim though as he refuses to have a fan on, so that was over 30 degrees.

gaming last night tho...... that was painful (but i battled through) not only was it 30 degrees in my games room (on starting, no idea what it got up to) I sit about 6 inches away from my pc case, which gets so hot that it is uncomfortable to put my hand on it for too long.

I was a stinky mess by the time i finished gaming!.
quite surprised my computer is still stable in this heat....... but (touch wood) my massively overclocked machine has been stable so far no matter the heat.

this last night has been absurdly hot. it's now quite comfortable here, around 29ºc with a light breeze from the sea.

this last night has been absurdly hot. it's now quite comfortable here, around 29ºc with a light breeze from the sea.
on one hand i envy folk who live on the coast..... I have this fantasy of owning a little cottage backing onto the ocean, with a nice little fishing boat to call my own.
on the other hand every summer and every nice day you get people (like me) descending down on all nice seaside town like locusts with 10x more people and vehicles than the infrastructure was ever designed to accommodate., and thus making it miserable for the folk who live there.

Basically i need to buy my own island and shoot anyone who comes on my land ;)

but i digress.

Last edited:
on one hand i envy folk who live on the coast..... I have this fantasy of owning a little cottage backing onto the ocean, with a nice little fishing boat to call my own.
on the other hand every summer and every nice day you get people (like me) descending down on all nice seaside town like locusts with 10x more people and vehicles than the infrastructure was ever designed to accommodate.

oh, yes, most coastal cities or villages are a no-go for simple living nowadays. anyway, that problem will probably move elsewhere in a decade or so :eek:

as a lifelong city rat i'm still looking for a nice place to settle in, in some countryside, and i'm now looking more way north rather than south.;)

oh, yes, most coastal cities or villages are a no-go for simple living nowadays. anyway, that problem will probably move elsewhere in a decade or so :eek:

as a lifelong city rat i'm still looking for a nice place to settle in, in some countryside, and i'm now looking more way north rather than south.;)
I got a river port near Cambridge... It's flat, very flat... and gets more tourists than I'd like. Fortunately fewer students than Cambridge town, and no punts, so that's something. On the other hand, we live every day with the possibility of a zombie apocalypse¹.

The only place I wanna move is away from the UK, but you'll have to guess the reasons since we can't talk politics grin.

¹ If you don't know why, you've either never lived here, never seen 28 days later, or both.

I got a river port near Cambridge... It's flat, very flat... and gets more tourists than I'd like. Fortunately fewer students than Cambridge town, and no punts, so that's something. On the other hand, we live every day with the possibility of a zombie apocalypse¹.

The only place I wanna move is away from the UK, but you'll have to guess the reasons since we can't talk politics grin.

¹ If you don't know why, you've either never lived here, never seen 28 days later, or both.
nice.......... The Cam is not the cleanest river to swim in but still on a hot day like today, more than acceptable. (I went for an unexpected swim in it myself last week when i capsized in my boat)

cooled me down tho :).......

If you mean the movie... I must admit I wasn't impressed... and am surprised Huntingdon Life Sciences didn't sue.
I quite enjoyed it myself........
but as for HLS sueing.... what could they sue for? they were never mentioned in the film were they? there have been heaps of fictional stories which start with something going wrong in a science laboratory.... quite often involving animals being tested on.

(btw no judgements from me my work place has (for a little while longer at least) a mouse house........ a necessarily "evil" sadly.

Top Bottom