PA Engineering

How you get 141.1 dmg on salvation PC?

It does 4.6 dmg, and charging it multiply that by 17... wich equals to 78.2... either I got my math wrong or there is hidden multiplier that adds this extra 62.9 dmg?

Edit:

I just checked and apart of you, there is no other source that this post, to claim about 141.1 dmg. Are you sure you did it right? I dont think its true, and in-game tests done by others, suggest that dmg is exacly as its should be.

Youre right. I use them all the time and they do not have 140 dmg per shot, that would be insane!

Im guessing he calculated from a 3rd party source which shows ~double dmg (because they technically do double the dmg, but its 50% Anti Xeno damage, which does nothing to humans and 50% absolute, which does nothing to thargoids - so the ingame display shows half dmg so as not to confuse people)

Speaking of Plasma Accelerators I had this idea. So at the moment I already have 2x medium efficient and 1x large short range PA on the underside of my Gunship. Short range creates a lot of heat but it also gives the most damage bonus. So I was thinking about making all three of them short range and give them the thermal conduit effect.

So the question to those that already have used thermal conduit: Assuming that the ship will already go above 100% heat on the first salvo, is the damage then already increased?

This would be a nice way to make controlled use of thermal conduit without overheating for too long...

Thermal conduit reaches maximum effectiveness at 150% heat but does provide some damage boost at anything over 90% heat. If you plan on cooking yourself for awhile in pve, I'd suggest packing an AFMS to keep your ships guts in order. If it's PVP, you should last a fight or 2 without one as long as you don't get too reckless with the self immolation technique.

Youre right. I use them all the time and they do not have 140 dmg per shot, that would be insane!

Im guessing he calculated from a 3rd party source which shows ~double dmg (because they technically do double the dmg, but its 50% Anti Xeno damage, which does nothing to humans and 50% absolute, which does nothing to thargoids - so the ingame display shows half dmg so as not to confuse people)
Still, this "extra" dmg from 141.1, is not even 50%...

If that would be true, dmg in end would be slightly higher than numbers shows.... its due that thagoids posses 99% resistance to human weps, but its not entierly 100% for it. You can still dmg thagoids with human weapons... but big flowers obvsly regen hull/shields more than this tiny dmg is.

When there was bug that caused PA dealing billions of dmg (couple months ago), it still could oneshot kill thagoids, depsite thier 99% of resistance, wich proves that they are not completly immune to "human" dmg.

While on other hand, guardian weapons are weak against human ships due not for some resistances, but more that those weapons are worse than thier regular counterparts, while having much more higher heat and power draw, and those stats are as regular non-enginnered wich are obvsly are not as good as G5 ones.

So if dmg shows as 78.2, it should be litte higher, if there would be "hidden" dmg stat, and its not.

I dont think your guess is right. "Anti-xeno" dmg is not present in game, its more about "racial-specifc" modifer, wich in case of guardian or AX weapons, allowes those to deal its thier full dmg against thagoids, by type of dmg still as listed. For TC is "absolute".

Non-AX weapons dont have such "modifer".

Last edited:
How you get 141.1 dmg on salvation PC?

It does 4.6 dmg, and charging it multiply that by 17... wich equals to 78.2... either I got my math wrong or there is hidden multiplier that adds this extra 62.9 dmg?

Edit:

I just checked and apart of you, there is no other source that this post, to claim about 141.1 dmg. Are you sure you did it right? I dont think its true, and in-game tests done by others, suggest that dmg is exacly as its should be.
EDSY give the per shot damage at 8.3 not 4.6. So 8.3 x 17 = 141.1. Half of that damage is absolute and half is Anti-Xeno. I could have listed the per shot damage at your lower rate and ignored the Absolute/Xeno damage types, but it comes to the same thing (70.55 Absolute damage) and I'm used to working with ESDY numbers. Tests done by others would yield the lower 4.6ish number because they're either reflecting only the absolute portion or only the Xeno portion. This is why I gave the last three columns in the chart.

Cheers Elpapo, and thanks for taking the time to verify the math.

Still, this "extra" dmg from 141.1, is not even 50%...

If that would be true, dmg in end would be slightly higher than numbers shows.... its due that thagoids posses 99% resistance to human weps, but its not entierly 100% for it. You can still dmg thagoids with human weapons... but big flowers obvsly regen hull/shields more than this tiny dmg is.

When there was bug that caused PA dealing billions of dmg (couple months ago), it still could oneshot kill thagoids, depsite thier 99% of resistance, wich proves that they are not completly immune to "human" dmg.

While on other hand, guardian weapons are weak against human ships due not for some resistances, but more that those weapons are worse than thier regular counterparts, while having much more higher heat and power draw, and those stats are as regular non-enginnered wich are obvsly are not as good as G5 ones.

So if dmg shows as 78.2, it should be litte higher, if there would be "hidden" dmg stat, and its not.

I dont think your guess is right. "Anti-xeno" dmg is not present in game, its more about "racial-specifc" modifer, wich in case of guardian or AX weapons, allowes those to deal its thier full dmg against thagoids, by type of dmg still as listed. For TC is "absolute".

I did the math a while ago and it was correct- the reason is its like 55%, because AX doesnt do no damage to humans, it does 10% (i believe). So the 50% 'hidden' damage turns into 5%. I think that works out exactly, if i remember correctly.

its a bit counter intuitive that a supposedly intended anti xeno weapon displays its anti human damage stat, but id guess thats because its possible to test exact damage numbers for human stuff (with 2 accounts / players) in a way that isnt possible with thargoids (for us, i mean)

EDSY give the per shot damage at 8.3 not 4.6. So 8.3 x 17 = 141.1. Half of that damage is absolute and half is Anti-Xeno. I could have listed the per shot damage at your lower rate and ignored the Absolute/Xeno damage types, but it comes to the same thing (70.55 Absolute damage) and I'm used to working with ESDY numbers. Tests done by others would yield the lower 4.6ish number because they're either reflecting only the absolute portion or only the Xeno portion. This is why I gave the last three columns in the chart.

Cheers Elpapo, and thanks for taking the time to verify the math.
Tbh, id say that 141 damage number, while accurate in a way, is misleading as there is no target in the game it could ever apply to

You are missinformed about this part.

Tbh, id say that 141 damage number, while accurate in a way, is misleading as there is no target in the game it could ever apply to
I don't really disagree - I think EDSY presents it that way for logical consistency. For every other mixed damage type weapon you have to multiply through to get the "real" damage. It'd be odd for AX weapons to work differently - probably harder to code as well. That's why the last three columns on the chart are there - to address the impact of resistances.

I did the math a while ago and it was correct- the reason is its like 55%, because AX doesnt do no damage to humans, it does 10% (i believe). So the 50% 'hidden' damage turns into 5%. I think that works out exactly, if i remember correctly.

its a bit counter intuitive that a supposedly intended anti xeno weapon displays its anti human damage stat, but id guess thats because its possible to test exact damage numbers for human stuff (with 2 accounts / players) in a way that isnt possible with thargoids (for us, i mean)
This sounds correct to me, but I couldn't find a source for the percentage of AX damage humans take and I'd rather under-report the AX portion vs. humans than over-report.

This sounds correct to me, but I couldn't find a source for the percentage of AX damage humans take and I'd rather under-report the AX portion vs. humans than over-report.
Yes, i did the math a while ago to confirm that the ingame number wasnt telling me total damage, and then doing half that to humans - since i really like using them, didnt want to be hamstringing myself.

Incidentally, your chart makes the GPCs look better than they are (and they are very good), because the distributor usage, while correct for an uncharged shot, is WAY too low for a charged shot, which the damage does refer to. I think (not 100% on this but its ballpark correct) they use 12.5 MJ for a charged shot.

In practice, they are certainly incredibly distributor hungry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom