Pack Predictions

I recently seen Hayleymills pack predictions and decided to give my own a shot based on how dlc was released for planet coaster. Her list is fantastic btw I’m just not so sure we’ll get so many although if we did great. It’s hard telling if they will be the basic continents or surprise regions as well like a Mongolian steppe or something so I’ll base these off the basics. I’ll list 4-6 animals although I still assume packs will be four. Only question is since no reptiles,amphibians, or insects live in this region will they add them as extras in other regional packs. Since Planco has dlc till 2019 that should be a 2-2.5 yr span for this as well.
Africa: Black rhino,meerkat,leopard, and black crowned crane and of course these four could be filled with anything in its place of course.
Asian pack: Gibbon,baribusa,nilgia,and sun bear exhibit animals king cobra and reticulated Python of course any of these replaced as well just a example.
North America: Moose,mountain lion,wolverine,and river otter
South America: howler monkey,jaguar,capybara,and spectacled bear exhibit tree boa or green anaconda
Europe: red fox,red deer, lynx,and wild boar
Antarctica : various seals and penguins.
Aviaries pack : any type of birds far too many to speculate so just let your mind wander. But a must for the game.
Then I personally think two animal packs of fan favorite that didn’t make the roster with 6-7 animals just like Planco had several ride packs. Keep in mind these animals aren’t set in stone and frontier could literally substitute them with any other regional animal. Just examples really. I do hope to see a petting zoo pack introduced to end the whole deal but that’s much later.

Then I personally think two animal packs of fan favorite that didn’t make the roster with 6-7 animals
I hope someday, such an opportunity will come. A chance to vote for 5-7 animals in selection of 25-30 animals.

What I do like about the Arctic Pack was the inclusion of the Dall sheep (nobody asked for this) and a lot of people like it.
I think every pack should include a "lesser known/requested" animal. Just to keep it interesting.

I hope someday, such an opportunity will come. A chance to vote for 5-7 animals in selection of 25-30 animals.

I don't know if that's a good idea. Letting the community decide democratically what animals they want only serves to isolate those who don't get what they want and IMO runs the risk of avoiding animals the game really needs.

If you were asked to pick one out of five, say, the Black Rhino, Serval, Proboscis Monkey, Red Deer, and Red River Hog (just to pick five at random), I think most people would be inclined to pick the more unique animals - the proboscis monkey, or maybe the serval since people might be more familiar with it. In that case, when do we get the rhino, which the game desperately needs? Do they just bench it?

I suppose it might work if they already had twenty-five animals made and ready to release, and we were asked to choose the order of release rather than pick five out of the batch and then have a new batch of twenty-five next time. Still, I'd rather just close my eyes, hold out my hands, and see whatever Frontier puts there.

Still, I'd rather just close my eyes, hold out my hands, and see whatever Frontier puts there.

Same here.. but after 2 years when some fan-favorite animals are still missing - i think it's a good idea.
I don't know if the people would pick the unique animals, i'm guessing the favorite will be picked first.
Desperately needs? I can't think of an animal this game desperately needs? Well, that's a very personal opinion. I think this game has a great selection, even if i have some wishes :D
And imo, voting is one option to voice that opinion.

I liked the Arctic pack for giving us the Dall Sheep, never would've guessed they added this. I hope they continue this path :D
Keep following your vision on how this game should look... I really like surprises

Imagine in 2 years, the penguin/koala/giant ant-eater/otter/black rhino/leopard or insert popular animal isn't included.
They could bench it/never add it.. Allowing an opportunity, would be a nice gesture.
If people don't see their vote being added.. Well, that's how voting works.
People move on, it's not a big deal.

Last edited:
I would want a Darwin's fox in a South American pack.. It's one of my favourite animals and is one of the more endangered canines in the world.
Along with the Maned Wolf of coarse 🙂

Desperately needs? I can't think of an animal this game desperately needs? Well, that's a very personal opinion. I think this game has a great selection, even if i have some wishes :D

"Desperately needs" as in "animal that you can find in almost every zoo ever". If the game is skipping out on animals that make any zoo instantly recognisable, then it's not doing a very good job. The African rhinoceros species are far, far more common in zoos than the Indian rhinoceros. I love the Indian rhinoceros, but I want to flesh out my savannahs with the black or white rhinoceros, and I'd still love the Sumatran to boot (but not at the expense of the others). Other animals in this group include New World monkeys (capuchins, squirrel and spider monkeys), gibbons, meerkats, and pinnipeds/penguins (but we won't get into that - diving animations, etc.).

The dall sheep was an awesome inclusion, I agree fully. I think voting could sometimes be good - we wouldn't have gotten the Arctic wolf if people had been allowed to vote on it. But sometimes, maybe most of the time, it might not work out.

Oh I agree, I'm pretty sure most people be happy with any DLC. I don't see any issues with a one-time offer.

Oh yeah, the African rhino is more popular. In the Netherlands it's 50/50 between those (Indian/African)
If I remember correctly: In Germany the Black Rhino is more common, while in France the Southern White Rhino is more common to be found in zoos.
Like I mentioned, this is very personal. Everybody has a favorite for their own reasons :D

Going back on-topic, even though I think it's a great idea to voice your opinion and show that you want continent related DLC. I really hope people don't expect too much, atm - we don't know if DLC is categorized like this.. I do think OP is cautious enough…:D
Personally I think they go with catchy names. Instead of Australian Pack -> The Outback pack, with Kangaroos/Dingos/Sand Goanna/Emu
This way you've mixed biome (desert/sand) and continent (Australia), can't think of any really Australian architecture that stands out.
Personally I think the game could use more animals that needs more sand in their habitat.

@NL_Mutso im very sure frontier will give the packs much more in depth names than I did. I just kept it as basic as possible. I’d personally love both white and black rhino in game. White are great for community exhibits and the black rhinos are more shy and usually do best alone.

Like I mentioned, this is very personal. Everybody has a favorite for their own reasons :D

What I mean is, for some animals it doesn't come down to a "favourite". Some animals ought to be included based purely on what you would find in real zoos. If the animal just happens to be popular with the community, then great, but if only 10% of people are outright asking for it I still think it should be included.

That's kind of the ironic thing about Planet Zoo's animal roster at the moment. No single region is fully fleshed out, not even Africa which by far has the most content. I don't mean "fully fleshed out" as in "every animal found here ever", I mean there are currently very obvious exclusions from every region. For Africa it's the rhinos, for Asia it's any number of hoofstock (the blackbuck is pretty widespread in zoos, as an example), for South America it's every major animal except the tapir, and for Australia it's, well, everything.

This is another reason I believe the future DLC's will be based on the continents. There are several ommissions from the base game that are conspicuous enough to make me think they were deliberately withheld for future use.

Top Bottom