Newcomer / Intro Painite hotspots nixed?

I am running 'round the galaxy looking for purported Painite hotspots¹, but none are to be found.

~Folly

¹ : not even "overlapping hotspots", just "single" hotspots

OP might be onto something... or not (mining being rebalanced apparently and last time when that happened - 4-5 months ago - it went sideways)

I do hope he's doing something wrong

OP might be onto something... or not (mining being rebalanced apparently and last time when that happened - 4-5 months ago - it went sideways)

I do hope he's doing something wrong
Balance is PRICES only... and starts Next week Not this week...
They still have to land in Ring A not Ring B... Hence NO photo from the OP in the Ring because then the Left hand side would say ring B not ring A...

Last edited:
Balance is PRICES only... and starts Next week Not this week...
They still have to land in Ring A not Ring B... Hence NO photo from the OP in the Ring because then the Left hand side would say ring B not ring A...

Yea, i know it's supposed to be Prices only...
But can you take for granted anything they say in the light of what happened with the last CG / FSD_reward blunder?

Yea, i know it's supposed to be Prices only...
But can you take for granted anything they say in the light of what happened with the last CG / FSD_reward blunder?
They would need client updates to change the rings for consoles and there have not been any on consoles, as consoles dont have Epic game stores we dont get the updates that the PC users required.....

Perhaps my original question should have been: Painite Hotspots WITH Painite

Limpets 112 : Painite 0
Metallic NOT metal rich ring...
Metal rich is deep core only for painite which require the broken PWA without it getting core of painite is 100,000 to 1..
Metallic ring for Laser mining ring in ring As... Metallic ring as Ring B is very very very rare.. Metal rich as ring B is very very common…
Ee_Bv85WAAIewCI

Last edited:
Ah... so, because none of the Painite Hotspots overlap Ring A, this is not a Painite Hotspot site for laser mining (thanks to GraphiteGB for the Ring facts).

Match 2: Limpets 64, Painite 3 (tonnes)

Match 2: Limpets 64, Painite 3 (tonnes)
Well something is still very wrong.
You should be returning with more Painite than the amount of limpets needed to find and collect it.
🔹 Hotspots in Metallic rings, in systems with Pristine reserves.
🔹 Always prospect before mining, with an A rated prospector limpet controller for maximum yield.

And, of course, the real trap for new players, is that Ring A (inner most ring) is not scanned as part of Ring B (next inner most ring; for a two ring planet, this is the outer ring).

In Detailed System Scanner, slowly bring the aiming reticle out from the center of the planet. When the text under the aiming reticle circle changes to "Ring", its targeting the inner ring (Ring A), even though the reticle is probably over the outer ring. If you keep moving the reticle outward, the text will briefly change to "Miss" (by which time the reticle is over space), and then to "Ring" (targeting the outer ring). La.

Documentation; that's for losers, right?

It says, "No vaild targets" even though there is a screenful of fragments that are so close to my ship they're bouncing off my hull. What gives, FDev?

Top Bottom