Painite not spawning in Hotspots

As far as I know only tritium spawns somwhat correctly after the latest patches. Everything else got ruined after the mining nerf.

Not every rock in Painite hotspot has Painite.
Prospect every rock systematically (stay in place and scan everything in 360 circle around you, or point yourself to planet and prospect everything in your way).
Make sure you're in pristine system, some rocks there will give up to 50% painite (+ more chunks per rock).
Make sure you have A rated prospector for maximum rock output.
Make sure next time you write down in which system+body+ring you are so cmdrs can provide better help.

Last edited:
I had the same problem. I kept mining but my efforts were fruitless with no painite whatsoever even after being told repeatedly to look in metallic rings. Lo and behold, once I went to a metallic ring with a painite hotspot, painite was everywhere! I wish I would've listened earlier.

To reiterate the above post (and slightly clarify), if you are laser mining, Only Painite hotspots in Metallic rings will yield Painite.

Do not confuse Metalic rings with Metal Rich rings. Painite hotspots exist in Metal Rich rings, but only yield Painite when Core mining.

soooo.... looking for this elusive painite.... already got 8 in the hold still need 2 more for the engineer unlock. The only problem I have is that I cannot find any painite hotspots anywhere. Using this source: https://edtools.cc/hotspot?s=Shinrarta%20Dezhra&m=Painite&ms=1

I don't have a ship that can jump long distances so I went to delkar 7 (a ring) scanned the whole ring and not getting a painite hotspot anywhere. Are these changed or something? Or do I need to get closer to it before I can see it on screen?

Ok I figured it out. Not that it seemed obvious but here's what to do if you have problems finding this:

In my example (likely in all but at least here) go in supercruise to Delkar 7. looked at ring with detailed scanner and it lookes like it was scanned fully but it's not. you need to target the inner ring and shoot a probe at it. in these inner ring the hotspot we need appears. go near and slow cause it seems onboard systems cannot drop at that spot.

I target first asteroid and out comes painite.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by
scanned the whole ring
You do know that you need a DSS for scanning the rings for hotspots? And Delkar 7 has two rings - an inner metallic reing (where you can find Painite for laser mining) and an outer rocky ring (where, if you can find a Painite hotspot, that would indicate Painite cores).

Apart from that, if you want to do laser mining (which is recommended for Painite), a single hotspot isn't going to help you very much. I'd suggest you go to https://edtools.cc/miner , select Painite and go for a set of overlapping hotspots near your position.

Don't forget the DSS - and mine in a metallic ring.

I agree with the OP. I just burned 100 limpets mining in a Painite hotspot. My primary motivation was to farm mats for reloads, and I was satisfied to pick up any metal asteroid. I prospected 30 asteroids in the Painite hotspot and hit ZERO asteroids with painite (not even a 1-2%'r).

The way the frequency is currently set up seems to make the whole "hotspot" thing a joke.

I can appreciate that people were clever and looked for overlaps to increase frequencies, and then FDEV responded by hammering frequencies.

Seems like a dang lazy nerf.

They should have kept the frequencies per Hotspot high and just dumped the quantity found in each asteroid.

Overlaps would generate higher frequencies, but you'd still have to work a ton of asteroids to get a fat load.

As it is now, the tag is meaningless.

What exactly do you mean by

You do know that you need a DSS for scanning the rings for hotspots? And Delkar 7 has two rings - an inner metallic reing (where you can find Painite for laser mining) and an outer rocky ring (where, if you can find a Painite hotspot, that would indicate Painite cores).

Apart from that, if you want to do laser mining (which is recommended for Painite), a single hotspot isn't going to help you very much. I'd suggest you go to https://edtools.cc/miner , select Painite and go for a set of overlapping hotspots near your position.

Don't forget the DSS - and mine in a metallic ring.

I shot a probe at the ring and ingame it " looks " like you hit the whole thing... not just inner or outer rings. It's when you fly a bit closer and shoot a probe at an inner ring you see only that part light up.

Does it matter?
Yes necrophilias are bad... let zombies stay dead...
FAQ answer of mining is if you cant find some thing you are doing it wrong as others did before...

If you can't find any Painite or Platinum to laser-mine, you're NOT in a metallic ring,...
If the ring name does not have an A in it you are in ring b or c... Ring A is planet side and has big empty space when it turns into ring B after...

Last edited:
Yes necrophilias are bad... let zombies stay dead...

Oh I don't know, it is good to let the departed have some fun now and again...

necro disco .gif

;)

Top Bottom