Paint your own Ship.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'd been musing about this for a while, after there arose the problem on Console of having odd lots of Frontier Points we can't use.

Some thoughts: have the store sell predetermined patterns, and various cans of paint, as separate items, then let Commanders paint the patterns in manners they choose.

One paint can covers yay many square metres. They can be purchased singularly, or in bulk. Someone professional would set the pricing and area, but a ball park price would be say 1 Frontier Point / 1 UK pence per single can, and bulk packs that work out cheaper per can could be available (eg 5 FP / UKp buys 7 cans, etc).

And of course, various patterns and various paints would be either commonly available or hard to find or limited time, as FDev judged fit.

Coding all that? Well, certainly doable, but I couldn't say how time-consuming it would be, nor how complex a livery paint shop interface would end up being for us. Still, its a thought.

Well, the usual objection to custom paintjobs is that it would involve Frontier in having to police "inappropriate" ones.

However, they could make them visible only to the owner. So for those who really want to use pics of genitalia or whatever, at least the rest of us will just see the default.

Well, the usual objection to custom paintjobs is that it would involve Frontier in having to police "inappropriate" ones.

However, they could make them visible only to the owner. So for those who really want to use pics of genitalia or whatever, at least the rest of us will just see the default.
I like the idea of the default. And then after a while the Cmdr could submit there paint job and forever how long it takes Frontier to approve it would become a permanent in my paint box and then could be displayed in open after approval. Of course there would be a fee and non-refundable for you for approving it only if it meet your standards.

This is quite a common suggestion. The main objections would be server space and non-child-friendly paintjobs.

I'd use a colour slider for existing patterned paints though.
I like the idea of the default. And then after a while the Cmdr could submit there paint job and forever how long it takes Frontier to approve it would become a permanent in my paint box and then could be displayed in open after approval. Of course there would be a fee and non-refundable for you for approving it only if it meet your standards.

I'd been musing about this for a while, after there arose the problem on Console of having odd lots of Frontier Points we can't use.

Some thoughts: have the store sell predetermined patterns, and various cans of paint, as separate items, then let Commanders paint the patterns in manners they choose.

One paint can covers yay many square metres. They can be purchased singularly, or in bulk. Someone professional would set the pricing and area, but a ball park price would be say 1 Frontier Point / 1 UK pence per single can, and bulk packs that work out cheaper per can could be available (eg 5 FP / UKp buys 7 cans, etc).

And of course, various patterns and various paints would be either commonly available or hard to find or limited time, as FDev judged fit.

Coding all that? Well, certainly doable, but I couldn't say how time-consuming it would be, nor how complex a livery paint shop interface would end up being for us. Still, its a thought.
Sounds like a lot of work and Over my head.
Well keep working at something. 07

Lestat

Banned
Here a better idea. Give Players Paint type program for Elite ships. You summit idea. Frontier would review it. If it picked. Frontier will add it to the Paint store and because you made the Paint. You will get it free.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom