Palins research centre has been attacked by Thargoids

Bloody better not.

I'd like to play the game with the same opportunities as everyone else.

That's not entitlement, that's paying for a service without tiered customers.
But you would be able to, think about it, if no-one else can and you can't, you have exactly the same opportunities. A new lpayer who started a 'few days ago' is unlikely to have racked up the needed openings to hook Palin, and equally unlikely to have done the 5KLy & back opener.

FWIW, I agree with the sentiment that, at last, something interesting has happened.

Although I expect Palin to be re-homed somewhere in a week or so, just to ensure that no-one misses out :)

Not that Colonia is a long way, a couple of hours each way using Neutron jumps... (plus the unlock, of course)

Yes, of course, there is a limited amout of "masochists" in the mass of computer games players. But this particular set of players is below the scope of the mainstream game developers. And FD is a mainstream game developer and publicly traded company. They really do not want to scare potential customers of those ZOO Theme park games just because potential customers will be affraid to play, because some day those apes and hippos in ZOO will go wild... :)

Elite isn't really what I would consider "mainstream". I think most casual gamers find it pretty unappealing due to the lack of a proper narrative and the complicated controls. The appeal of Elite is that you're a nobody with a spaceship.

I've calmed down.

Don't get me wrong though. I still think FD is stupid for locking people out of G5 engines like this, and I will give harsh criticism here, as frankly it's the only correct response. It's easy for all you regulars here because you already have your ships done and the blueprint pinned.

But that option has been very unfairly ripped away from the guy who purchased the game a couple of days ago.

See the problem here?

No I don't see a problem here, I see a lot of problems regarding Fdev and ED but this isn't it.
Finaly Fdev has the balls to insert an event that has consequences, for all players, I don't think it'll be a lasting thing just a temporary unavailability of a certain upgrade, big deal.
So many people think of the Thargoids being a lame feature that can be totaly ignored, including me.
I applaud this move and hope many others will follow.
I don't see many new players complaining right now, perhaps they also think it's cool what's happening right now, you know make the galaxy a bit more exciting and thrilling?

You don't even want to play ED anymore but rant about others who do.
I rant too but because I do want to play this game and these sort of events could possibly help bring me back.

Natures universal plan:
1. Improvise
2. Adapt
3. Overcome
Either they figured out Palin was giving us engine boost, or it's just a coincidence. Because then we are an easier target because we can't engineer our thrusters. They mustnt know we can pin blueprints or the fact that we have backup engineers.

My guess is that the retreat is step 1, and we are experiencing 2 or 3.

I don't see many new players complaining right now, perhaps they also think it's cool what's happening right now, you know make the galaxy a bit more exciting and thrilling?

Well, new players are not using this forum, because they did not foud the forum yet. And when it comes to young players, they do not use discussion forums at all. Too much work with writing... :)
I know it, I have a daughter and she is an active player in several games. They have Discord and it is enough...

Well, new players are not using this forum, because they did not foud the forum yet. And when it comes to young players, they do not use discussion forums at all. Too much work with writing... :)
I know it, I have a daughter and she is an active player in several games. They have Discord and it is enough...

Ugh, I'm trying to make a point here, stop contradicting me, even when you're right :)

But definitely, someone with proper equipment and knowledge, should make a Hitler video on theme "Palins Research Center has been attacked by Thargoids" :)

1) FDEV is being dumb not allowing stations, cap ships, megaships and bases to equip AX weapons. So the narrative is internally inconsistent.
2) FDEV should have active goids swarming the Palin instance like the Gnosis instance.
3) Are there CZs, I need to get back to leveling my alt?

Well, after seeing some of AXI vids, I think that this whole Thargoid stuff is not for me. All those videos are from Open, with a lot of CMDRs etc.
I am Solo player, so it would be dumb to try solo some Thargoid. Better to stay at Colonia...
Solo is perfectly possible. It does take practice, especially for the interceptors.
And if you're willing to do it in a PG I'd be happy to wing with you.

A solo tutorial from Exigeous
Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H9SwpoKTteM

And another from shwinky
Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzo-R1MkKL0

I play irregularly, quite a bit for a while then not for months. I also reset my commander a while back. My current one was on his way back from doing the 5000 LY trip (left him in the California Nebula a month or two ago on the way back to unlock Palin). Oh well, win some, lose some, things staying static is dull anyway.

Very bad argument.

What about the guy who purchased and installed for the first time just a couple days ago? Why does he get punished for not being here earlier?

I can see your point and it makes sense, even if I see it in a different and practically opposite way.
What about me, I started playing 4 years ago and had to work hours to get a Cobra, and needed thousands upon thousands of cartographics data to get to Elite exploration, while now a new commander can get to fly a Chieftain in a matter of hours and become a milionaire on the way to Elite explorer "just" with a fraction of previous efforts? Why did I get punished for being here earlier?

Whatever the way one thinks of it, it's just one of those many cases for FD of "damned if you do, damned if you don't". In the end you simply can't satisfy everyone.
No hard feelings. :)

Top Bottom