Palins research centre has been attacked by Thargoids

From there he invents a new strategy to defeat the thargoids. It begins with a cryto currency named for the system he found refuge in named Arx. Something to reenergize the thargoid fighting economy. A cunning plan to dazzle the thargoids with colourful ships and weapon colors because we all know that the thargoid's true weakness is ... fashion.

A plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel!

Leave the poor thargoids alone, they're just fellow creatures trying to live in a harsh galaxy.
Has anyone even spoken with them to see why they're here? Perhaps they were just visiting Palin for a cup of tea or to see his model railway.

I'm going to load up my thargoid liaison annie - the "give quiche a chance" - and go and pay them a visit.
The only thing I'm going to be shooting them with is inclusivity and tolerance.

It looked like the majority of the thargoid signals in Maia was located around the black hole, didn't see anyone mention it here but it might be a good time to put on the tinfoil hats

I've already witnessed something similar, when Shivans gathered around Capella. Be prepared for the Maia system going supernova anytime now.

View attachment 137941

Too right. When spacelegs hit this is going to be what greets the Thargoids in FPS....pulse paintjob hairbands!

Just hoping AX Blue Steel won't require a huge hardpoint!

When you've already made the 5k journey, but Palin resettles in the Noob Zone:

51Cql0R.gif

🤭
Well that's an oldie and rare.

These Thargoids have crossed a red line! They may take our lives, but they can never take our G5 Dirty Drives!!! I am purchasing and AX-outfitting a FAS right now.
An excellent choice. (y)
It looked like the majority of the thargoid signals in Maia was located around the black hole, didn't see anyone mention it here but it might be a good time to put on the tinfoil hats

OK Frontier....excellent move on the shake up given to the Thargoid story line by the attack on Palins Research Centre.....the megaship defense ...someone even mentioned we can 'Repair' the megaship....Good ....Good....time for the player base to release those aggressive insticts and let the.....hang on wait a sec I'm getting carried away here back to the point of my post.

What I want to see now, is a massive plot twist, the introduction of Non Pew-Pew interaction mechanics with the Thargoids !

Oh man. Again someone burped at the servers on thursday and this time the dynamic result is Palin escaping. If only someone at Frontier finally would realize that having those events INSTANT and in REAL TIME would bring this game forward...

As long as the playerbase knows that the trainee fiddles around with Excel-Parameter-Tables every day (for "BGS") and once a week for "major events" no one takes it serious. At least I don´t.

Anyone manage to repair all the hull breaches on the Carson's Spring in one instance. I get Medusa and Scouts jumping in when I start repairing the hull breaches and have to bail out before I can repair them all?

Scan mega-ship, scan hull breach then go into target sub menu and launch repair limpet.

Anyone manage to repair all the hull breaches on the Carson's Spring in one instance. I get Medusa and Scouts jumping in when I start repairing the hull breaches and have to bail out before I can repair them all?

Scan mega-ship, scan hull breach then go into target sub menu and launch repair limpet.

Probably easier with a group, one set of Cmdrs perform the repair, the others provide cover

Deleted member 182079

D
OK Frontier....excellent move on the shake up given to the Thargoid story line by the attack on Palins Research Centre.....the megaship defense ...someone even mentioned we can 'Repair' the megaship....Good ....Good....time for the player base to release those aggressive insticts and let the.....hang on wait a sec I'm getting carried away here back to the point of my post.

What I want to see now, is a massive plot twist, the introduction of Non Pew-Pew interaction mechanics with the Thargoids !
Like... poison their food?

I did not see the repairable hull breaches but I will look for them. I've popped into the Carson instance several times, and have only encountered interceptors - not scouts. The flash message is kind of goofy, -No Thargoid Presence Detected, Thargoids incoming...

I am puzzled as to why there are no AX CZs in the system. One would think there would be a few about the Palin Megaship, or that there would be a scenario that leverages the AX CZ dialogue.

I was in one instance where a Commander towed the only interceptor about 60 km away from the Megaship, and no additional interceptors spawned in that instance. That might be a strategy for cleaning the instance so that you could facilitate repairs.

Deleted member 182079

D
I'm a bit envious I have to say, as I'm missing out on all the action. Sitting in peaceful and quiet Colonia, while my previous home system Taygeta is getting attacked.

And then there's Maia's black hole... ;)

Not going to move back as I'm away for the weekend and won't play until Tuesday, when all of this has probably blown over:/

I did not see the repairable hull breaches but I will look for them. I've popped into the Carson instance several times, and have only encountered interceptors - not scouts. The flash message is kind of goofy, -No Thargoid Presence Detected, Thargoids incoming...

I am puzzled as to why there are no AX CZs in the system. One would think there would be a few about the Palin Megaship, or that there would be a scenario that leverages the AX CZ dialogue.

I was in one instance where a Commander towed the only interceptor about 60 km away from the Megaship, and no additional interceptors spawned in that instance. That might be a strategy for cleaning the instance so that you could facilitate repairs.
Only had scouts so far.

There is also the other scientific vessle, next to the evacuation signal at A4. This one spawns the rescue mission if you wait a bit near the ship.

Top Bottom