Palins research centre has been attacked by Thargoids

A thargoid attack can be really painful, especially if you have to sit in a pilot's couch all the way from Maia back to the bubble...
But fortunately, there are several creams one can get to make the experience less irritating.

Or at least, so I'm told.

For me, the main problem is that something interesting is actually happening in game and tomorrow I am leaving for two weeks for holiday. And my weekend house is at the mountains, where the Internet connection is so-so for e-mail and a bit of web browsing (things like news web etc.) :(

Yes, but Ironside with mechanical fist? Thats got to make it a score draw.

Yes, this was cool. But problem is, that the book was mainly about certain philosophical and ethical questions (and the war with Bugs was just a background) and this is totally missing in the movie.

Yes, this was cool. But problem is, that the book was mainly about certain philosophical and ethical questions (and the war with Bugs was just a background) and this is totally missing in the movie.

As not to go OP, the film is pretty decent- especially since it fools the audience into cheering for fascists. But each to their own- I prefer The Forever War by Joe Haldeman and think thats better than Troopers as a book.

And a lot of salt.
But I don't care. (y)

As not to go OP, the film is pretty decent- especially since it fools the audience into cheering for fascists. But each to their own- I prefer The Forever War by Joe Haldeman and think thats better than Troopers as a book.

:) I am looking forward, because The Forever War, The Forever Peace and The Forever Freedom are on my top-list in my e-book reader for my already mentioned holliday. I already bought them and they are waiting to be read...

Im just imagining a shattered bubble with 80% of the systems under thargoid control where hyperdiction and death (if you're not prepared) is guaranteed if you go there. The galactic economy has tanked and the only industry is geared round survival and fighting back against the Thargoids. Perhaps the only concentrated group of humans could be megaships skirting around the bubble.

My fingers are crossed that's what was meant by a new era.

As for now, just need to get the ax weapons back on and it's off to Maia.

Im just imagining a shattered bubble with 80% of the systems under thargoid control where hyperdiction and death (if you're not prepared) is guaranteed if you go there. The galactic economy has tanked and the only industry is geared round survival and fighting back against the Thargoids. Perhaps the only concentrated group of humans could be megaships skirting around the bubble.

BTW, if this thing will be in game when I will return from holliday, I have one question.
For fighting Thargoids, those AX weapons and stuff can be freely bought or it is necessary to do another long and dull opening something, collecting something different etc. ?
I know that there is a long minigame with Guardian stuff, but the AX stuff is available normally. Am I right ?

BTW, if this thing will be in game when I will return from holliday, I have one question.
For fighting Thargoids, those AX weapons and stuff can be freely bought or it is necessary to do another long and dull opening something, collecting something different etc. ?
I know that there is a long minigame with Guardian stuff, but the AX stuff is available normally. Am I right ?

Yeah you can just buy them.

You can only fit a certain number of them, because... well... dunno. 🤷‍♀️

You can only fit a certain number of them.

That thing will gonna get you killed horribly.
Don't bother without full g5 engineering and get rid of all multipurpose stuff.
Out of curiosity to see what a new player would need before being able to solo a cyclops. For me the answer was a Krait II using only engineering available from Felicity, 65m plus rebuys. HP wise was very similar to Pavel's setup :)
although tbf I have fought the goids a fair bit

OK, something like this ?

Just to check you need planetary landings for AX weapons.

I'll echo Bigmaec's advice about taking off the multipurpose stuff, heavy duty the hull reinforcements, swap 32 cargo for 5d hull, swap ADC for 1d module reinforcement, swap point defence for another HD SB, swap AX missile for flak, use decontamination limpets instead of repair (with cargo and limpets obvs).

Can you use fixed weapons? AX turrets are an option if not although they change the build.

I'd highly recommend watching AXI tutorial vids on how fight goids or joining their group if you'd like wingmates.

Edit:
Something more like this:

If you need to travel in the Krait swap in a fuel scoop and transfer the removed module when you get there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom