Panther instead of Carrier

I have already googled for an entitlement generator - to no avail.

Sounds like you need to create some sort of marginalized by google group to identify with, then juxtapose that to the google privileged in an attempt to get some sort of new search engine just for the oppressed.

I'd like an option when the FCs come out and a Panther would be nice. With all the talk (salt) concerning FCs, I'm beginning to think I may not want one. A Panther Clipper would be a nice alternative for those who can't afford 5 Billion Dollars. (chewing on small finger nail atm)

Again, whats the point. I buy a panther clipper and what can I do with it? The exact same stuff as I could do with the ship that's a bit smaller. As I said, I don't see the point.
If only 3% of population can buy a carrier what is the point in that?

100% of the population can buy a fleet carrier, all they have to do is earn 5b credits first.

I'm assuming this 3% number is from some Inara guesstimate? My Inara often is not accurate as I do not regularly update it and the auto update expires after 30 days. Inara is only a fraction of the player base, and I've no clue how many on it are actually active. You can alter your own numbers in Inara (or so I've read on the forums). This 3% might be .3% or 30%, we do not know.

Frontier are the only ones who know how many people who actually play the game have 5 billion credits, and they very well may have gone that high on the price because they don't want everyone to be able to immediately jump into one. We are talking about that last big addition to the game until the end of the year and the new era, assuming schedules can be kept. We are also talking about an end game type ship/activity. I am baffled by the assumption something like that should be immediately attainable by all. The point of adding content to a game is to give people something to work towards to keep them entertained and playing the game. If there are some people already so far along in the game that they can jump right into a fleet carrier, so be it. It isn't a gift to them nor a slight towards anyone else. It's just circumstance.

Last edited:
100% of the population can buy a fleet carrier, all they have to do is earn 5b credits first.

I'm assuming this 3% number is from some Inara guesstimate? My Inara often is not accurate as I do not regularly update it and the auto update expires after 30 days. Inara is only a fraction of the player base, and I've no clue how many on it are actually active. You can alter your own numbers in Inara (or so I've read on the forums). This 3% might be .3% or 30%, we do not know.

Frontier are the only ones who know how many people who actually play the game have 5 billion credits, and they very well may have gone that high on the price because they don't want everyone to be able to immediately jump into one. We are talking about that last big addition to the game until the end of the year and the new era, assuming schedules can be kept. We are also talking about an end game type ship/activity. I am baffled by the assumption something like that should be immediately attainable by all. The point of adding content to a game is to give people something to work towards to keep them entertained and playing the game. If there are some people already so far along in the game that they can jump right into a fleet carrier, so be it. It isn't a gift to them nor a slight towards anyone else. It's just circumstance.
Just the usual Fdev botch job alienating players and rewarding those who fit into their special niche.

Top Bottom