Parks Paradise Coast - Tropical Theme Park and Beach Resort

Welcome to Paradise Coast!

This is my first park (and post on the forums!) which I've been building since the game's release whenever I get a spare moment - of which there just isn't enough for this awesome game!

It started out as a sandbox for me to get used to the different tools in the game, but I quickly found myself lost in the creation of each new idea and I ended up just continuing to build on throughout the park.

I'm looking forward to sharing more images and videos of the park with you to build a chronological record of my progress!

Jungle Gym

In this first post I'm going to share my first actual attraction in the park, a themed kids adventure playground complete with lots to climb and play on including rope ladders and swings, rope bridges and gangplanks.

[IMGUR]WWnWz[/IMGUR]​

Looking back on these starting areas I can see where I was experimenting with the tools, but overall I'm still pretty happy with how this turned out.

At the time, this was a good experiment for me to create buildings that didn't look boxy or stuck to the grid snap, and it was very useful for getting out of the mindset of creating scenery buildings in the likes of RCT1 & RCT2.
I got the inspiration to create a playground area mainly because I needed a small family attraction just away from the entrance, but I didn't want to place a flat-ride and at the time I hadn't seen many people creating playgrounds for their parks in the first week of the game's release.

That's it for this first look at Paradise Coast. Please feel free to leave feedback and check back for more updates soon!

Thanks

Welcome to Paradise Coast!

This is my first park (and post on the forums!) which I've been building since the game's release whenever I get a spare moment - of which there just isn't enough for this awesome game![ /quote]

Welcome aboard and welcome to the madness :)

Looking back on these starting areas I can see where I was experimenting with the tools, but overall I'm still pretty happy with how this turned out.

At the time, this was a good experiment for me to create buildings that didn't look boxy or stuck to the grid snap, and it was very useful for getting out of the mindset of creating scenery buildings in the likes of RCT1 & RCT2.

I got the inspiration to create a playground area mainly because I needed a small family attraction just away from the entrance, but I didn't want to place a flat-ride and at the time I hadn't seen many people creating playgrounds for their parks in the first week of the game's release.

I'm the same way, although I utterly lack talent and imagination, so what I call "inspiration" would be called "plagiarism" by most :D

Welcome aboard and welcome to the madness :)
- Thanks, happy to be part of the madness!

Time for a look at some more of the Jungle Area of Paradise Coast.

This area contains a number of small trails and jungle gardens that connects the Jungle Gym to the Lagoon Bug Junior Coaster and Jungle Jazz Hyperspin ride.

[IMGUR]9kpFg[/IMGUR]​

This was the first coaster that I created in the game, so I purposely went for a small and 'simple' design to help me get used to the coaster creation tools.

I wanted to avoid making the ride too fast since it was supposed to be a kid coaster, but I may have misjudged the friction as it may be a bit to slow - but at least it makes a complete circuit!

Speaking of circuits, I also had it in my mind whilst creating this coaster that this would be one of those junior coasters that would do a couple of circuits of the track to make up for the short length, but sadly we can't set that up in the game at the moment so I'll just imagine that's how it operates.

When it came to the gardens and trails, I actually spent far too long making sure that the guests had clear sight lines to the main attractions and the little secrets hidden off the paths, all whilst trying to create an overgrown jungle themed area.

Ooh that roller coaster looks fun!
I do agree and wish we could set laps for the coaster to travel before stopping. I think it's needed when you have the Junior coaster and especially that dragon one.

This area contains a number of small trails and jungle gardens that connects the Jungle Gym to the Lagoon Bug Junior Coaster and Jungle Jazz Hyperspin ride.

That is incredibly beautiful stuff. The gardening is amazing and the buildings fit right in with it.

This was the first coaster that I created in the game, so I purposely went for a small and 'simple' design to help me get used to the coaster creation tools.

I wanted to avoid making the ride too fast since it was supposed to be a kid coaster, but I may have misjudged the friction as it may be a bit to slow - but at least it makes a complete circuit!

Speaking of circuits, I also had it in my mind whilst creating this coaster that this would be one of those junior coasters that would do a couple of circuits of the track to make up for the short length, but sadly we can't set that up in the game at the moment so I'll just imagine that's how it operates.

The Wendigo coaster is pretty hard to make too fast (or even reasonably fast at all) because its maximum descent angle is only 30^. Also, its trains are so long by default that it generally has a large number of cars ascending and descending simultaneously on hilltops and the bottoms of dips, which has a significant self-braking effect unless you make the track ridiculously big. You can shorten the trains, of course, but you really don't want to because that reduces throughput, and you really don't want to get it very fast anyway because it can only bank 45^.

So in general, Wendigo tracks end up being relatively small, simple, and slow compared to other coasters. If you pride yourself in building huge, awesome coasters, it's easy to be dismissive of Wendigos. After all, it's hard to get excitement much over 5.0 given their limitations. But the low speed generally keeps the fear below 4.0, which is really the sweet spot in terms of attracting customers, appealing to about 80-85% of all peeps. And the long trains and short durations mean customer throughput is very high. Thus, your so-called kiddie coaster usually ends up being one of the most popular and profitable rides in your park, especially if you pimp out its scenery. It's fear, then scenery, that have the most impact on the decisions of peeps to go on rides.

I don't think I've ever seen a coaster do multiple circuits but that's an interesting idea. Maybe put it in the suggestions thread. But I'm not sure I'd do it even if I had the ability, at least not with the Wendigo. That would really reduce throughput, both by 1 train making multiple laps, and also by making it impossible to run multiple trains. At the same time, the ride's prestige would increase due to longer duration, so it would attract even more peeps than it already would just for having such an appealing fear rating. So I'd expect you'd easily get demand (as in queue population) way overloading supply (throughput) and thus lose a lot of sales and generate a lot of unhappiness.

When it came to the gardens and trails, I actually spent far too long making sure that the guests had clear sight lines to the main attractions and the little secrets hidden off the paths, all whilst trying to create an overgrown jungle themed area.

Well, too much time or not, the result is some of the most beautiful gardening I've ever seen. I hope the peeps take advantage of it and wander the various alternate routes. In my experience, sometimes they do but a lot of them seem to just take the most direct route.

That is incredibly beautiful stuff. The gardening is amazing and the buildings fit right in with it.

The Wendigo coaster is pretty hard to make too fast (or even reasonably fast at all) because its maximum descent angle is only 30^. Also, its trains are so long by default that it generally has a large number of cars ascending and descending simultaneously on hilltops and the bottoms of dips, which has a significant self-braking effect unless you make the track ridiculously big. You can shorten the trains, of course, but you really don't want to because that reduces throughput, and you really don't want to get it very fast anyway because it can only bank 45^.

So in general, Wendigo tracks end up being relatively small, simple, and slow compared to other coasters. If you pride yourself in building huge, awesome coasters, it's easy to be dismissive of Wendigos. After all, it's hard to get excitement much over 5.0 given their limitations. But the low speed generally keeps the fear below 4.0, which is really the sweet spot in terms of attracting customers, appealing to about 80-85% of all peeps. And the long trains and short durations mean customer throughput is very high. Thus, your so-called kiddie coaster usually ends up being one of the most popular and profitable rides in your park, especially if you pimp out its scenery. It's fear, then scenery, that have the most impact on the decisions of peeps to go on rides.

I don't think I've ever seen a coaster do multiple circuits but that's an interesting idea. Maybe put it in the suggestions thread. But I'm not sure I'd do it even if I had the ability, at least not with the Wendigo. That would really reduce throughput, both by 1 train making multiple laps, and also by making it impossible to run multiple trains. At the same time, the ride's prestige would increase due to longer duration, so it would attract even more peeps than it already would just for having such an appealing fear rating. So I'd expect you'd easily get demand (as in queue population) way overloading supply (throughput) and thus lose a lot of sales and generate a lot of unhappiness.

Well, too much time or not, the result is some of the most beautiful gardening I've ever seen. I hope the peeps take advantage of it and wander the various alternate routes. In my experience, sometimes they do but a lot of them seem to just take the most direct route.

Ye they only take a non direct route if it aint to far away because the main road is to crowded. Maybe placing benches not to far from the mainroad will cause ppl to walk there or just put some toilet along that road :p

Thanks for your kind words Bullethead, and the interesting information regarding the Wendigo coaster, I'll keep that in mind when I build another one in the future.

I don't think I've ever seen a coaster do multiple circuits but that's an interesting idea. Maybe put it in the suggestions thread.

I might be remembering it incorrectly, but I'm sure there is a Junior Coaster at Alton Towers that runs 2-3 circuits through a small track where it passes through a cave next to a water ride. I'll make a post in the suggestion thread though!

Thanks to everyone else for your comments as well, I hope you like this next update just as much!

Krakatoa & the Java Province

Krakatoa is a family wooden coaster themed around an erupting volcano set in the Java Province area of my park, complete with a large Hindu temple landmark. The area contains a number of thrill rides (Jakarta Jinx (Psychola), Twin Kris (Insanity), a river rapids (images coming soon!), and dining areas.

[IMGUR]dYJGu[/IMGUR]​

This area started out with me experimenting with a bigger coaster after working on Lagoon Bug in the Jungle Area. I didn't really have an idea at the time of creating the ride what the final thing would look like, I was mostly just following Silvarret's coaster tutorial video to try and create something interesting as a test that I would probably delete afterwards.

In the end I ended up keeping the ride as I liked how it hugged my pre-built terrain and the tight helix after the first drop reminded me of a volcano - the rest, as they say, is history....

Once I had my theme in mind, the name Krakatoa followed, and at that point I started to look at different Java architecture and building styles to tie everything together, as well as cultural aspects that I could use for inspiration for the theming and ride selection. As an example, Insanity reminded me of a pair of spinning blades which is where the name Twin Kris comes from - (a Kris is a distinctive curved blade from Java.)

I initially place the flat rides and rough building footprints down to check the guest sight lines and park vistas before committing to fully building out the space - this helps get the look I'm after and identifies things that aren't working before I spend ages building them :)

Finally I knew I wanted to test myself by building a unique landmark for the area that looked like it could have always been there (even if it is a cheap theme park replica in the game's reality!)
For this, there was only one option; A replica Hindu Temple inspired by Prambanan Complex.

To date, this is definitely where the majority of my time has gone into in the park so far , and I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out overall.

I'll have some shots of my River Rapid ride, as well as some video of the areas up soon hopefully so stay tuned.

Thanks

Krakatoa River Ride & surroundings

Here is another update to the Paradise Coast park, this time taking a look at the mysterious volcano themed river rapids ride that runs beneath the Krakatoa Wooden coaster shown previously.

[IMGUR]e9KjY[/IMGUR]​

The river ride felt like a perfect addition to the Java Province area of the park where I could also easily re-use the volcano theming as part of another ride. If only building the thing was as easy...

I built the majority of the ride before realising that my station could only support 4 boats due to having a lift hill connect the track to the station at the end. Not wanting to change the plans I had for the raised station house, I decided I would offset the lack of boats by speeding them up on the lift hills....

At least that was the back-up plan until I came to change the lift hill speed on the existing track pieces, which sadly, it appears is not possible. I then tried deleting the existing track and rebuilding exactly as it was before , only with an increased lift speed, but for some reason I could never get the track to reconnect correctly! [mad]

Finally, I had hoped to have the final drop emerge from a cavern into a river inlet that connected to the main lake that forms the central coastal area of my park... but of course, you can only place the water rides ~4m above water! This meant that I had to make do with the ride track floating above my river and fashion some sort of waterfall connecting both bodies of water together due to the different water heights.

[ugh]

Oh well... I still think I was able to make the best of a number of (unexpected) bad situations and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Also, I was happy with my idea to use primitive shapes to create a stone idol Buddha head, that was until Rudi Rennkamel shared his awesome full-body Buddha statue that clearly puts mine to shame! [woah]

Nevermind, it's always good to get inspiration and motivation from the other awesome creations within the community!

More updates soon.

Thanks

Paradise Coast - Unfinished Video and Workshop Link

It's been a long time without an update on Paradise Coast. Unfortunately I struggled to find time to progress much further since my last post regarding the river rapids ride and I haven't played the game since - until now! [happy]

However, coming back to the game, it’s apparent that a lot of the custom scenery I created and tricks I had to use to work around the ride collision limitations at the time are now redundant – (which is a good thing for the game, not so much for my park though!).

It’s for that reason I’m retiring the park and uploading it to the Steam Workshop if anyone is curious to have a look around the tropical theme park and beach resort that was; Paradise Coast.

This park does not use any paid DLC content.

Link to Steam Workshop

Park features
A large hotel with pool area (non functional)
Gentle Jungle Area
  • Jungle Gym: Children’s Adventure Playground (non functional)
  • Lagoon Bug: Junior Coaster
  • Jungle Jazz: Hyperspin

Extreme Indonesia Area (formerly Java Province)
  • Krakatoa: Wooden coaster themed around a volcanic eruption with fake lava
  • Journey to the Core of Krakatoa: River Rapids with ‘dark ride’ section inside the park’s volcano
  • Twin Kris: Insanity
  • Jakarta Jinx: Psychola

Libertalia (Unfinished Pirate Haven themed area)
  • Log Flume with a huge 42ft drop that was due to drop down a waterfall
  • 2 Dueling Iron Fury (RMC Hybrid) Coasters – weaving over the Log Flume ride (timings still needed some tweaking and it was a bit ridiculous tbh!)
  • Chair-o-Plane in the central square
  • Overpower – a thrill flat ride that was going to be in a drunken pirate tavern

A video tour of the finished parts of the park is available on my Youtube channel here:

[video=youtube_share;W6_aSUYHb6Y]https://youtu.be/W6_aSUYHb6Y[/video]

Enjoy!

I thought of this workaround for the kiddie coasters, if you have collision off you can make the track go around multiple times. What you do is you build your coaster as normal, but when returning to the station do not connect with the station, but extend the track partly into the station then overlap the track to create a second circuit, and repeat again for a third circuit. Then, finally connect the track with the station. Now you will have two or three laps around. But, you MUST build your entrance and exit on the station before building track through it, otherwise you will get a red obstruction error when trying to place an entrance and exit.

I thought of this workaround for the kiddie coasters, if you have collision off you can make the track go around multiple times.

This is a good idea, thanks for sharing. Sadly it wasn't possible when I made this park back in 2016, but I may look at doing something like this in the future if I want a Junior Coaster to do laps now.

Top Bottom