Paralell Galaxies

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The idea is a new open only server.
The whole game is copied as it is now, and a new server is started, that is open only.
In the log-in screen, one simply chooses to log in to that server, that is at the time of the split is totally identical to the one we have now.
There are no extra features, modules, etc. on the new server, so if one chooses to stay, there's nothing they are missing out on feature wise.
After the split the two galaxies go on their separate paths. The difference is, on the new open only server BGS and PP cannot be manipulated from solo/pg. No more ghost boxing and a chance to oppose enemies in real space. The old server stays the same, and most likely it turns into the PvE server where carebears can pet each other and is free from the commanders that are in search of competitive gameplay and PvP.
As long FD hasn't sorted out cross platform gameplay, this server is PC only. Yeah, it's time to join the PC master race to play on this server.

Migration from one server to another can be done trough a designated system, for example one gets the chance to migrate in Leesti and nowhere else. Ships, stored modules and credits are all copied over to the other sever and deleted from the one migrating from, but the commander can only enter the other galaxy trough this gate. One migration per month if someone wishes to go back and forth for whatever reason.

Thanks. Just sick of these open only posts. It's not going to happen and neither should it happen. The BGS is designed around PvE and makes zero sense for even a copy of it to be PvP only.
You are wrong, but I will not argue with you anymore about it, only ignore your future comments, since it'd be a total waste of time.

You are wrong, but I will not argue with you anymore about it, only ignore your future comments, since it'd be a total waste of time.
Ere, no I'm not. Powerplay could be open only, but not the BGS. I have not seen a single good arguement for having the BGS open only.

You won't argue with me because you don't have a good argument. You talk about bravery and skill, but does a runner when they don't have an argument.

Last edited:
Men, that is one thing that I said, and that you've seen it is a completely different thing. And again, let that tall horse go, it is not in your league.
It is very easy to find out what league me and you are in.
A duel to death in game.
Are you in the league to even accept this challenge?

Isn't the discussion irrelephant anyway? It's not like FDev would actually want to split their player population even more than the modes already split it.
FDev would get back tons of players that left because they got sick of ghost boxing.
The end game of ED is BGS and PP. In the current state these features are not very appealing to players looking for competitive gameplay, as in many cases there's no chance of fighting off players attacking your domain, since you never get the chance to see them.
Another issue is cheaters, that may be caught and reported in open, but there's no chance catching them if they are messing with the BGS in their indestructible ships in solo.

Well the OP certainly tore the crap out that thread.

I guess it would be a good idea to have a PvP locked Galaxy for your like... battle to prove a point!

I can't really see there'd be many migrating to be honest, firstly many open players advocate dropping out of Open into Solo for those important missions and CG's, and only a few would be 100% sure they'd want to spend a month in Open only combat... you see the ones migrating would be Very Very sure of themselves and they would not find any emergent gameplay there, all the hard guys would be in the same server, not cattle or sheep just blood thirsty thugs and very capable Hunters.

You're welcome to it, as for only BGS and PP there... nah that should stay where it is, here for everyone to enjoy regardless of their skill or commitment .

Well the OP certainly tore the crap out that thread.

I guess it would be a good idea to have a PvP locked Galaxy for your like... battle to prove a point!

I can't really see there'd be many migrating to be honest, firstly many open players advocate dropping out of Open into Solo for those important missions and CG's, and only a few would be 100% sure they'd want to spend a month in Open only combat... you see the ones migrating would be Very Very sure of themselves and they would not find any emergent gameplay there, all the hard guys would be in the same server, not cattle or sheep just blood thirsty thugs and very capable Hunters.

You're welcome to it, as for only BGS and PP there... nah that should stay where it is, here for everyone to enjoy regardless of their skill or commitment .
Your assumption of open players is false.
Even the current CG is full of commanders of all sorts, open is a very popular game mode.
I am an open only commander,I do not only combat in ED, but I admit at this point mostly combat. I've not been in solo/pg for ages. I have most essential blueprints pinned, so I never fly with my pants down. I plan my gameplay, so I don't run around in dangerous places with valuable cargo or data in paper ships. I learned and practised getting away (evasion, high waking) and I do not get ganked.
I have earned the respect of many other combat oriented commanders by not being a jackass after being destroyed, So I am mostly left alone.
There are many others like me that I see in open all the time.
Even those that do go to solo/pg for reasons of convenience would give that up for the benefits open only would bring them.
Ganking is only a thing in ED, because there's nothing else to do once you reached a level. Open only server would give a reason to said gankers to be interested in the BGS, and they wouldn't just spend their time waiting in frequented systems for their next victim.
It is lot more satisfying to that combat itch to fight someone that wants to fight, than someone with no skill that either pops in 20 sec or combat logs.
The newbies and players with no interest in it would get a breathing space as the hard core bunch would practically leave their game.

Fdev only has to clone what they have already, and invest in a new server. Some programming for the migration implementation.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom