Newcomer / Intro Passenger missions

Don't know if this is the right place to post it here, but i got a question about passenger missions: everything went fine on my first passenger mission until the pass said that there will be four vessels attacking us and killing them will be optional. I evaded the first interdiction but on the next one i tried to kill the vessel but it escaped. By the next interdiction i tried again but the vessel escaped too. After that the mission failed. Maybe because also these ships scanned us and the passenger wasn't happy about getting scanned. I'm not exactly sure why the mission finally has failed. If it wasn't because of the scans does this mean if i decide to try destroying the vessels these kills are not optional anymore?

Thanks for helping me newbie!

Passenger missions can fail upon being scanned. If there is any consolation, you can just space those ungrateful passengers, might make ya feel better

I don't think the missions that fail when scanned are the same as the ones that send ships after you, although I could be wrong. Just suggesting in the future it might be a case of stacking the same kinds of missions together rather than mixing them up?

Could be:
Being scanned.
Hull damage.
These are the only things I've had a fail on.

Certainly nothing to do with killing/not killing the 'assassins'.

If your doing passenger missions, don't bring ANY and I mean ANY kind of weapons.
That will kill the urge to kill.
And if they don't want to get scanned, make sure they don't get scanned.
It's not rocket science. 😷

Last edited:
I imagine you’ve already completed/discarded the missions by now, but if you check your inbox the passenger should have contacted you to explain what has upset them.

If they don’t want to be scanned for example they’ll usually give you a warning on a first scan and then the mission may fail on a second scan...

Passengers generally become a bigger PITA the longer they are on your ship. For best results it’s usually ideal to get them to their destination quickly with no detours and no stops...

But it’s also fun to move passengers on a war ship and blow things up for them, or make a stealth ship and smuggle rogues to other systems. Dress accordingly...

The second best way of dealing with passengers is to ignore messages until you have delivered them to the station agreed on when you took the mission.

If doing a passenger mission I would opt for speed and stealth to get out of scan range as fast as possible, practicing boosting in and out of stations is recommended.

The best passenger missions when available are the rescue from a burning station ones, lots to stack and the destination is only seconds away, note some of the self loading cargo will still nag you despite that.

The best way of dealing with passengers is not to fit cabins on your ship, other cargo is much less fussy.

The second best way of dealing with passengers is to ignore messages until you have delivered them to the station agreed on when you took the mission.

If doing a passenger mission I would opt for speed and stealth to get out of scan range as fast as possible, practicing boosting in and out of stations is recommended.

The best passenger missions when available are the rescue from a burning station ones, lots to stack and the destination is only seconds away, note some of the self loading cargo will still nag you despite that.

The best way of dealing with passengers is not to fit cabins on your ship, other cargo is much less fussy.
Lol boxes don’t talk! Yeah I pretty much ignore all pax requests.

Feel free to proceed as you see fit of course, but for the most trouble-free passenger missions ignore all mission related messages in your in-box, as aRJay noted. Like, don't even open them to read what they say. If you don't open them it's as though they don't exist.

I have delivered thousands of passengers in Elite and yet to have one disgruntled, let alone ejected, and I think it's down to ignoring the messages that pop up. Most of those missions have been sightseeing, but my Interstellar Transportation Company takes all sorts of fares, including bulk hauling, smuggling and VIP work.

So by all means take on the emergent stuff that comes from these messages, but for hassle-free taxi driving keep your eyes on the road and ignore the texts :)

Just stay away from passengers that don't want to be scanned ,also stay away from passengers wanted in some systems. learned that one the hard way when the station attacked me when I went in to pick up something the passenger wanted.But DO take the "for the mug" mission at least once.Been doing a lot of missions for high end materials.

There is a reason the general tourist mission pay as much as they generally do and or inform as the preferred status of the pilot. All one has to do is actually read the descriptions which will inform any pilot as to the status of the preferred pilot, the amount it pays, the duration they expect it to be finished in and what the particular demands of the passenger are. Paying attention to them will avoid any and all dissatisfaction and or failed mission. The ultimate choice is up to the selector of the missions.
Any mission stating in it's description that one should be an "ELITE' status is a deliberate attempt at telling a pilot who has only a "Harmless" or anything less than an "ELITE" status, that if accepted, they may have bitten off more than they can chew. Accepting it means you accept any and all of the description stated and subject to dissatisfaction or failure if not carried out exactly.

Just stay away from passengers that don't want to be scanned ,also stay away from passengers wanted in some systems. learned that one the hard way when the station attacked me when I went in to pick up something the passenger wanted.But DO take the "for the mug" mission at least once.Been doing a lot of missions for high end materials.
So these really aren’t that bad. It’s just real basic smuggling. Leaving the station just activate silent running as soon as you pass out of the slot. Then any time you drop into a tourist beacon, again silent running, docking is, you guessed it, silent running again until you enter the station then you’re good. All you need as a couple of heat sink launchers... or not. My non engineered Orca can make it in to dock without over heating.

honestly I don’t even look when I take the missions. It’s just standard procedure to activate silent running on all pax missions.

Top Bottom