Patch 9.01 stuck at installing 0% Oculus

Anyone successfully installed patch 9.01 from Oculus? I am trying to work out of its a global issue or just my installation. I've been trying all day so far.

o7

Oculus has done for me in the past
Try a full reboot, then retry.
If its still stuck, uninstall ED in Oculus and reinstall
--
Edit for clarification

Last edited:
Oculus has done for me in the past
Try a full reboot, then retry.
If its still stuck, uninstall ED and reinstall
Hey thanks for the reply. I was hoping to avoid the uninstall re-install route but hey ho, needs must I have 10hours left on a mission I would like to complete.

Plan B.
2nd install of ED, outside of Oculus. This can be updated normally and gives you a non-VR alternative for times like these. Its also useful for when you just want to play Odyssey without VR.
And yes, tested and works without a hitch, you just need to flip the display settings
  • when you go back to VR for HMD Speakers/Headphones
  • when you go back to pancake, to full monitor size + Borderless or however you like it.

Yeah spoke a bit soon uninstall/reinstall is not working either , it quits at 1.12 GB.

As I say anyone on Oculus successfully managed to install the patch? If so then I can take a deeper look to my set up if not then I will assume there is a problem with the distributed file.

Ok that's weird. I see
1639500146221.png

But 4 days ago is before the patch
Yet when I start, I get
1639500264374.png

Oh ok, looks like I took Plan B further than I thought. I ONLY run the non-Oculus install now, even when I play in VR.

1639500389678.png

Oculus version is behind
1639500464889.png

Wow thanks for the deep dive on that. Much appreciated, ill keep trying periodically, hopefully it will get to the Oculus store in the next few hours.

Ok, you can also try starting EDLaunch.exe directly from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\frontier-developments-plc-elite-dangerous. If you Ok the "You didn't start via Oculus" prompt, you should then get the Upgrade button in the Launcher. This will pull files from FDev, not Oculus

Well non of that has worked, uninstalled ED and then went to re install the proccess terminats with:
Capture204.png

I tried Oculus support after consultation on chat concluded I should contact frontier consultation to be continued by email:

I am installing Steam, I know that I’ve had issues in the past with controllers but hey ho we will see.

I’ll check AV tomorrow and see if it’s an easy fix but at least I know I am not alone. Sorry your stuck like me.

Well non of that has worked, uninstalled ED and then went to re install the proccess terminats with:View attachment 280875
I tried Oculus support after consultation on chat concluded I should contact frontier consultation to be continued by email:

I had exactly the same problem few days ago. I stopped to use Oculus Library. I installed ED directly from Frontier store. And finally, it's much better...

Well I'm now playing 2D flat screen :(
I've cleared some minor problems upgrading my boot drive but to no avail on the 3D Elite front The install proccess takes about alf hour to prepare and download the abruptly halts shortly after installation starts I have rased a tiked with oculus but cannot seem to find an option to with frontier.

Top Bottom