path auto tunneling

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Two screenshots for everyone who has trouble re-watching the stream;

PRJi8ve.jpg

G353V8q.jpg

Yes ...

I guess this would work just as for coasters? Switching tunneling on and off ?

I meant more sloped paths. Like can we determine the exact angle? Or are we still bound to the 22 or 25 angles. If so, will it spawn stairs and not connect with the terrain anymore. [tongue]

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I meant more sloped paths. Like can we determine the exact angle? Or are we still bound to the 22 or 25 angles. If so, will it spawn stairs and not connect with the terrain anymore. [tongue]

Good question ... im curious :D

Disappointing if it's only going to work on flat terrain. There needs to be some sort of system with using the U and J keys that raise/lower the paths in small increments with the terrain snapping to it underneath.

I miss the bug in Alpha where elevated paths could clip into the terrain and then you'd just carve it out. I'd love to have that back, it made it so much easier.

Disappointing if it's only going to work on flat terrain. There needs to be some sort of system with using the U and J keys that raise/lower the paths in small increments with the terrain snapping to it underneath.

I miss the bug in Alpha where elevated paths could clip into the terrain and then you'd just carve it out. I'd love to have that back, it made it so much easier.

what bug is that exactly?

what bug is that exactly?

If you had an elevated path (not ground) close to the edge of the terrain you could clip it through it and then build it under the terrain normally. Then you'd carve out the terrain and it looked really nice. It would be great to include elevated paths in the no-clip terrain option.

Ironic, I spent hours today screaming at the game as I struggled to tunnel a path! Had no idea the feature was going to be implemented -- wish I had waited. Good move Frontier, the game really needs the feature enhancement!

Will the shape of the tunnel hole be only square or only round I wonder? [weird]
my guess would be only round tunnels. but you can make it square with for example walls. and i know thats not what you want to hear but we will see it in a few days..[happy]

Those screenshots do not look that exiting. I can already achieve that in in minute by just flattening a part of the mountain to foundation level, dump the path on there and pull the terrain back up around that flat path. Sure, the edges will end up jaggy and ugly, but just increasing the clearance envelope like they did on the screenshots is not really an acceptable solution, is it?

Last edited:
If it is only one way, it can be tidied up or widened with the terrain tools I guess? The tricky part is digging the holes in the first place.
Yeah, I guess.

my guess would be only round tunnels. but you can make it square with for example walls. and i know thats not what you want to hear but we will see it in a few days..[happy]
I wanna hear this feature comes with transparent ground view googles, just as in RCT3. [cool][up]

just hope they do some finetuning related to the terrain which surrounds path. autotunnel is a nice to have, but honestly i am more interested in adding terrain to surround pathes and ride stations without those gaps we have to live with cause as soon as you remove surrounding terrain a far too huge section around the path is "locked" for terrain (no matter if you disable clipping or not).

Last edited:
Top Bottom