path auto tunneling

so spoiler sam spoiled in the 24 hour livestream that auto tunneling for paths wil be finally coming to the game. i'm super hyped about it!!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Yesss!!

Hyped for this!!
I think with this it will be way more easy to place path's on uneven terrain.

I think with this it will be way more easy to place path's on uneven terrain.

Cool Auto-tunnel is great! I hope paths are better too, but one feature that would be really nice is to have "terrain auto-form" when making paths (so that if I make a path going uphill I dont have to keep redoing the terrain) [up]

Last edited:
Cool Auto-tunnel is great! I hope paths are better too, but one feature that would be really nice is to have "terrain auto-form" when making paths (so that if I make a path going uphill I dont have to keep redoing the terrain) [up]

I assume you don't need a solid mountain to carve out terrain, it will probably just chisel out any bumps and pointy edges to keep the path nice and flat. Or at least I hope so.

I assume you don't need a solid mountain to carve out terrain, it will probably just chisel out any bumps and pointy edges to keep the path nice and flat. Or at least I hope so.

Which means we will still be stuck with either a 45* or a 22.5* slope.

Which means we will still be stuck with either a 45* or a 22.5* slope.

Or completely flat, but good point. Not ideal. I'm curious how they will implement it. The only other way I can think of, is carving a round hole of a certain radius around the raised path, basically how the auto-tunnel now works for Coasters. That would be even worse though.

Last edited:
Oops... I meant to say I hope we can have tighter clearances. I'm worried about that... The little video clip shows a huge clearance envelope carved into the mountain. [ugh]

Last edited:
Oops... I meant to say I hope we can have tighter clearances. I'm worried about that... The little video clip shows a huge clearance envelope carved into the mountain. [ugh]

Someone linked the video, but can't find it anymore. Can you share the link?

I do hope we also gets the feature of path making auto-tunnelling downwards and upwards trough ground. [up]

Just wait for it and then let's see what it is like (keep saying that to myself all the time[big grin]). N E E D more P A T I E N C E[big grin]

Just wait for it and then let's see what it is like (keep saying that to myself all the time[big grin]). N E E D more P A T I E N C E[big grin]

Nooo... don't say that. Now I got impatient just because of that. x-D
Itching in my stomach to know... [wacky]

Top Bottom