General / Off-Topic Paul Darrow (Kerr Avon from Blake's 7) passes away, aged 87.

Safe travels Paul. :(
D8J1lgaWwAEKbWR

This is sad news. His portrayal of Avon in the excellent Blakes 7 was fantastic and he seemed like a really good bloke in real life too.
(My Mrs loved him since she was 5 and she's got a signed pic taking pride of place in our living room, just in front of the picture of me :cry: :LOL: )

Very sad news indeed. Wherever he is now, I hope he's down and safe.

"Regret is a part of being alive...but keep it a small part." - Kerr Avon

RIP Paul.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Sad to hear, Saw him in the Terry Pratchett play Guards Guards back in the 90s.

This is sad news. And losing Jacqueline Pearce last year too. I was pretty young when I saw Blake's 7 ... I couldn't figure out if Paul's character was one of the good guys or the bad guys. It wasn't until I was older I realized he was a bit of both.

Standard by 6, Kerr Avon. Blake's 7 is still my favourite sci-fi ever; the Liberator still my favourite ship. Sadly I never got to meet Paul but he was high on my list of 'people I'd love to have a beer with' and from what I have heard he was a true gentleman.

You'll be sadly missed, Paul.

It would be nice to see an in-game memorial; given that B7 was such a large influence on the original Elite.

Standard by 6, Kerr Avon. Blake's 7 is still my favourite sci-fi ever; the Liberator still my favourite ship. Sadly I never got to meet Paul but he was high on my list of 'people I'd love to have a beer with' and from what I have heard he was a true gentleman.

You'll be sadly missed, Paul.

It would be nice to see an in-game memorial; given that B7 was such a large influence on the original Elite.
He was 78 not 87..the OP got it wrong. I never realised that he had both legs amputated a few years back

Blake's 7 had some great writing. Suppressants in the water. How accurate, especially true for the Americans and the sodium fluoride in municipal water supplies.

Top Bottom