Pay ARX For X - Phisto's Two Cents

This is almost a good idea, there's just something i can't put my finger on...

Wait isn't this how it used to work in the past? Frontier used to patch the game impressively, and because we were so happy with how frontier was keeping the house we bought cosmetics? Im pretty sure it was amazement at the patch notes contributed to me buying a thing or two every patch.

At some point along the line, frontier must have learned that...

Deleted member 182079

D
OK, bear with me here but what if we could pay ARX for actual improvements to the game?

We could balance engineering, provide a greater range of NPC challenge, create more varied and interesting exploration gameplay, drive the story forward (make the Thargoids a real threat again!), or gods... dare I say it? With enough ARX we could even get Powerplay improved!

What do you all think????
Fill the launcher page with news items?

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Sounds like a means for the cash-rich players who desire specific changes to "buy" them - and those unable to pay for changes would have no say in the matter.

Doesn't sound like a good way forward to me.

Would it work like a group buy promotion where you only get the deal if enough people do it?

So we could promise to buy a certain amount of arx if they fixed a certain bug or did the implied second pass if enough people buy it?

lol facepalm. If we didn't have to buy the arx unless it happened why not. lol no.

Sorry but nope.

For me your idea = cut content turned DLC, loot boxes and plain cash grab. I already paid for the product in the retail price and am not willing to pour another $ just to have things fixed. I know software is released "as is" with all strings attached but still... I expect it to be at least functional and if it isn't I expect developers to fix it WITHIN the amount I paid.

Also - what would stop devs from releasing broken game ON PURPOSE just to offer extra paid "fixes"? Smells like those "free" P2W games - game is free but anything that makes it playable and enjoyable costs multiple times more than AAA titles.

And a quastion for you: IF that would happen, how would you solve the following:
  • CMDR X, at the cost of 2180 ARX opted for nefring combat AI since NPCs are too difficult
  • CMDR Y, at the cost of 2180 ARX opted for buffing combat AI since NPCs are too easy and he wants some challenge

Both paid for their respective improvement to be implemented...
Sounds like a means for the cash-rich players who desire specific changes to "buy" them - and those unable to pay for changes would have no say in the matter.

Doesn't sound like a good way forward to me.

Don't worry y'all, my tongue is firmly in my cheek.

You are a very naughty man, Mr Sobanii :eek:

The naughtiest.

giphy.gif

OK, bear with me here but what if we could pay ARX for actual improvements to the game?

We could balance engineering, provide a greater range of NPC challenge, create more varied and interesting exploration gameplay, drive the story forward (make the Thargoids a real threat again!), or gods... dare I say it? With enough ARX we could even get Powerplay improved!

What do you all think????
Sounds good to me...It's not like they are releasing much in the way of premium DLC for purchase. Maybe they can use the $$$ to hire some people who are passionate about the game and actually flesh out the bare bones, features that are thrown into the game, only to be abandoned.

Top Bottom