PAYG - Coaster design & landscaping

PAYG (Pay as you go) coaster design & landscaping is awful! Can Frontier please implement a system that allows the gamer/user to pay for their coaster & landscaping once it's 100% completed, tested & approved?

There's nothing worse than running out of money two pieces before completing a coaster in RCT3, probably one of my biggest complaints of previous RCT games.

But then you have the rise planned out, and can save up for the last bits you're missing, and can continue to plan other parts of the park around it!

That would be an awesome feature. Build and test the ride, but don't pay a dime until you're ready.

The ride could be visible as a ghost until you pay up.

Is it not a big thing in this genre of game ?

I mean, for me, it's part of the fun (at least for the "solo/scenario mode")

Hi everyone,
I'm a Sandbox park builder! I'm really hoping there is a Sandbox mode in the game like RCT3 had!
I backed Theme Park Studio, bought RCTW Deluxe and now have bought Planet Coaster CH! I am so hoping for Sandbox. Screamride on my XBox has it, so I'm guessing it will be in Planet Coaster!

Hi everyone,
I'm a Sandbox park builder! I'm really hoping there is a Sandbox mode in the game like RCT3 had!
I backed Theme Park Studio, bought RCTW Deluxe and now have bought Planet Coaster CH! I am so hoping for Sandbox. Screamride on my XBox has it, so I'm guessing it will be in Planet Coaster!
Me too, but he talk about the Scenario/Campaign mode here.
(You cannot run out of money in the sandbox mode)

I do not mind it, it is a part of the game. I like when it is challenging (at least in a gradual way for every scenario) and not too easy. I like the level of challenge of RCT 1+2.

In real life you would have to have the money on beforehand before you build. Either by granted a loan or having funds.

In sandbox of course another thing.

I do not mind it, it is a part of the game. I like when it is challenging (at least in a gradual way for every scenario) and not too easy. I like the level of challenge of RCT 1+2.

In real life you would have to have the money on beforehand before you build. Either by granted a loan or having funds.

In sandbox of course another thing.
This is just how think about it!

i feel like payg coaster designing is better.
if you do the "pay once 100% completed" thing, you'll make a rollercoaster that looks amazing, and really cool,
and then you realize it costs too much.
you dont know your limits if you use that options, in payg coaster designing, you know how much it costs, and your limit, in real time.
but having both options would be best, everyone would be happy![heart]

Last edited:
I like the idea of planning out parts of your park before you build them. It would be very realistic but in an interesting way. Also, if you make a mistake, you don't have to delete things and only get part of the money back. If this is in the game it should be optional in sandbox mode.

[...] but having both options would be best, everyone would be happy![heart]
The "Blueprint" system allows this. ("sort of")

And if we have a "content manager" to share everything (CSO, CTR, CFR, Blueprint, Structures, Textures, Music, Mods, etc...) then we can : build something in the editor, then use our own creation on our own park, and place it in our park as a single structure (with an automatic determined price)

So I think we will have both.

Impossible to know if I'm right for now, but this is my bet.

Sorry to cause confusion, I'm referring to PAYG game play when the player has to also manage funds.

Another example of how PAYG is further complicated and penalising in RCT3; During coaster building, when you spend money on a large banking piece and then undo that piece, you're not fully refunded the true amount of what was just spent. Undo really isn't undo, and can cost a few grand unnecessarily by the time you've finished your coaster. PAYG would be much more acceptable if it did not penalise the player for undo'ing piece by piece.

I like the idea of completing a coaster (blueprint as such), checking the cost, then further editing to either reduce the cost or make it even more entertaining (spend more money on it), and then once tested, either leave it as a blueprint to be approved for construction later, or, approve it on the spot & build it.

I'm with you on this!

Imagine Prison Architect without being able to plan. It would be a disaster! You'd be spending money the wrong way and wouldn't be able to upgrade/add/integrate new areas of the prison.

It's not game breaking or a necessity "or I won't buy it", but it would sure help on making a better plan for the park if one could visually plan in advance.

There's nothing worse than running out of money two pieces before completing a coaster in RCT3, probably one of my biggest complaints of previous RCT games.

So based on your idea, you'd only pay when you have completed the coaster. What happens to the coaster if you, hypothetically, don't have the amount of money to pay for it in the end? It just "goes" away? Becomes transparent in the park? The PAYG system is like " I don't have enough money, but I don't want to delete what I did" which shouldn't be a worry because guests will only think "okay, this ride is obviously coming soon." [rolleyes]

So based on your idea, you'd only pay when you have completed the coaster. What happens to the coaster if you, hypothetically, don't have the amount of money to pay for it in the end? It just "goes" away? Becomes transparent in the park? The PAYG system is like " I don't have enough money, but I don't want to delete what I did" which shouldn't be a worry because guests will only think "okay, this ride is obviously coming soon." [rolleyes]
The idea for not paying for each piece is to build it like you normally would but you wouldn't be charged for it and it wouldn't be permanent, save it as a blue print (saving and sharing structures has been confirmed to be in the game), and then wait until you get enough money to build the plan you have drawn out. Then you can place the plan where ever you would like in your park. A cool feature would to be able to block of the area in your park you want to build in, and put signs that guests will recognize that say, "Coming Soon!" So they can still know a new ride is coming soon. I would like a blue print feature, but even if it isn't in the game, you can always build a coaster in sandbox mode, save it, and place it down in carrer mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom