Paying off bounties

Was gathering materials and got a $300 bounty. I’m ok no problem, I’ll just pay it off when I get to a station. Month later, could not pay this bounty for the life of me!!! No matter which interestellar authority I went to. Stored one of my modules by mistake and had to pay 20mill to get it back since had no choice (modules can have bounties on them too? Why do this at all). Bounties need to get easier to get paid. Adding an option to pay off bounties at any station or make this way easier than it is now.

How long were you off? 3.0 was released in February and changed crime and punishment. You an check the patch notes for details, but here are a couple specific points that should help you.

Interstellar Factors only work with people who are not notorious. You can check your notoriety in the right hand statistics panel. Zero is good. Notoriety decays at a rate of one per two hours played.

The bounty is on a ship, you need to be in the same ship you earned the bounty in to be able to pay it off. Bounties have also gotten much bigger and are based on the value of your ship and your notoriety.

Modules are hot if they came from a hot ship. This is to prevent an exploit. Otherwise, players could store all their engineered modules and sell the hot ship for less than the bounty; then buying a new one would cost less than paying off the bounty.

Top Bottom