PC for Mac is terrible

Anyone else having any major problems? Not only do I get a severe lag in the game if I build more than 5 or 6 rides, but also trying to move scenery or rides causes it to jump all over the place, views switch automatically to different formats on their own and cannot be corrected unless you completely exit the game, and once I even got disconnected from the game completely. It just shut down out of nowhere. Luckily the autosave saved me. I even tried running it on a lower quality setting. I've only had it two weeks, to boot.
I played RCT3 and it ran perfectly fine on this Macbook (only a very small delay if I had a major park and it was full).
Anyone else having any problems?
Funnily enough, I just tried to upload a video showing the problems I was having, and even it was too much to upload. O Frontier, you guys dropped the ball with this one.

Hi, while the bugs sound like a problem on Frontiers part the performance issues may be on your end. What are the specs of your Mac?

Playing on mac since alpha (on bootcamp and with the mac version since december), everything is smooth for me, even with lots of items in the park, so maybe it's due to your mac specs ?
The only major downgrade I have with mac version, and it seems every one has the same problem according to steam's forums, is the fact that terrain doesn't block sun light, meaning it can't be dark in caves and underground.

Weird, maybe. I'll check my specs. I know I'm running the most recent operating system.
Anything I can do or upgrade/intall to help it run smoother? Beyond the Frontier bugs.

Hi, while the bugs sound like a problem on Frontiers part the performance issues may be on your end. What are the specs of your Mac?

This is them. Anything I can do or upgrade to help it run better? I'm operating on the current IOS.

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: 262.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.3f36

This is them. Anything I can do or upgrade to help it run better? I'm operating on the current IOS.

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: 262.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.3f36
I don’t think you can do much to make it run better. This Game is very demanding. It seems to me that you need something with a little more Kick to play it smooth.

Not terrible any longer:

Brand new Mac Mini 16gb/1tb M1 chip here. WORLDS of difference.
My Burning Man and MGM parks that lagged under intel chips (top line late2016 macBookPro) really work.

old - 5fps 1080p 300guests
new - 30fps 4kHD 10,000guests
(gross simplification, but thumbs-up all around)

Top Bottom