PC really could use RCT3-style "cheats"

If nothing else, I'd like to be able to raise the chainlift speeds higher than 14 mph. I'm sure I'm not alone in missing the extra options cheats opened up for coaster-building, even if they aren't realistic.

Anyone else wish the game had cheats?

there was a cheat in alpha 1 to unlock coasters - we all assumed cheats would be a big feature
in alpha 2 they had a cheat to unlock first person camera view - they said it was an "unreleased" in the works feature
obviously they ran short on time - maybe they are working on these things
nothing has been said about tegidcam - it still works but it feels so incomplete [knockout]
I hope they dont plan on adding the cut content as paid-for-content cuz it sure seemed like they would be in the full release

Last edited:
PC could use RCT3-style ride options, scenery & theme options, staff options, food/retail options, scenario editor and custom billnoards/images as well.

Cheats are already here, We don't know them. It is all. Remember Jonny Watts at the Planet Coaster - Beta Content Livestream?

If not ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IhGnBHgqYw&t=2447s
Check out at 30:20

He "showed" One cheat code...but something is telling me there are others. [big grin]

I don't think that was an actual cheat code, rather a developer console command that would be used during development to make the loading of assets easier. It wouldn't surprise me though if there are a few cheat codes in the game waiting to be discovered.

What would you need cheats for?

You already have unlimited money and everything you need in sandbox mode..

Coaster restrictions still apply in sandbox mode. There are a lot of coaster concepts that can't be done with the current available coasters. Being able to do stuff like raise the chain speed above the normal max (the old David Braben cheat) or disable track restrictions (the old John Wardley cheat) is what I and I think a lot of people want to have available if we so choose.

Aside from what was mentioned above- and depending upon the type of park/game/challenge I'm playing -
disable breakdowns, train all staff, happiness -- little things like that.

Cheat codes for...

- intersect scenery with rides and coasters.
- unlock coaster restriction limits; turn angles, lift speed, launch speed, etc.
- Staff never complain and are always happy
- Max out training for free for all staff
- Research everything at once for free
- Guests will ride all rides and coasters no matter their rating
- disable breakdowns

Only problem with unlimited speeds is that they're set using a slider, unlike in RCT3. Not sure how you'd make a slider range infinite.

Also:

Cheat codes for...

- intersect scenery with rides and coasters.
- unlock coaster restriction limits; turn angles, lift speed, launch speed, etc.
- Staff never complain and are always happy
- Max out training for free for all staff
- Research everything at once for free
- Guests will ride all rides and coasters no matter their rating
- disable breakdowns

1. Please. Yes.
2. Refer to what I said above.
3. Yes (but should be default in Sandbox Mode).
4. Yes (but should be default in Sandbox Mode).
5. Would be kinda cool, but I'd have thought it's only purpose would be to speed up a scenario, which seems a bit pointless.
6. Yes.
7. Yes (but should be default in Sandbox Mode).

Agree, people complain the management isn't enough of a challenge and then others want cheat codes that make pretty much eliminate any challenge. I don't envy developers trying to figure out where the balance is.

Sandbox fans want one set of things and management fans want a different set of the things. Challenge mode and career should be completely void of cheats (and by cheats.....I mean things that make it easier, not "features" like tegidcam). Where's the challenge when you can build a lousy coaster and the people will still pay and ride it? Why bother playing challenge mode if no matter what you do, you make a profit and continue to build your park? There's no challenge if there's no way to lose (go bankrupt).

As far as I can see the most worthless suggestion is "Research everything for free." Why would you even play challenge mode if you don't want to challenge yourself? Come to think of it, this one is already in the game : Just save your challenge/career park and then open as a sandbox. Done.....all items researched for free. That is what sandbox mode is for.

I don't have issue with anything being available in sandbox, but Career/Challenge mode has to be cheat free or you might as well eliminate them from the game. I know.....I know......"Don't use the cheats, if you don't want to." I respond "don't play career or challenge if you can't deal with the challenges without cheating." When I see a great challenge park in the workshop, that person deserves a little credit in the work required to get there. If cheat codes make it easy to build the same without the effort, it's a spoiler.

Bottom line: Don't ruin the challenge/career mode with game breaking cheats.

Last edited:
Agree, people complain the management isn't enough of a challenge and then others want cheat codes that make pretty much eliminate any challenge. I don't envy developers trying to figure out where the balance is.

Sandbox fans want one set of things and management fans want a different set of the things. Challenge mode and career should be completely void of cheats (and by cheats.....I mean things that make it easier, not "features" like tegidcam). Where's the challenge when you can build a lousy coaster and the people will still pay and ride it? Why bother playing challenge mode if no matter what you do, you make a profit and continue to build your park? There's no challenge if there's no way to lose (go bankrupt).

As far as I can see the most worthless suggestion is "Research everything for free." Why would you even play challenge mode if you don't want to challenge yourself? Come to think of it, this one is already in the game : Just save your challenge/career park and then open as a sandbox. Done.....all items researched for free. That is what sandbox mode is for.

I don't have issue with anything being available in sandbox, but Career/Challenge mode has to be cheat free or you might as well eliminate them from the game. I know.....I know......"Don't use the cheats, if you don't want to." I respond "don't play career or challenge if you can't deal with the challenges without cheating." When I see a great challenge park in the workshop, that person deserves a little credit in the work required to get there. If cheat codes make it easy to build the same without the effort, it's a spoiler.

Bottom line: Don't ruin the challenge/career mode with game breaking cheats.

As I said before, I mostly want cheats that let you build coasters that you currently can't by turning off certain restrictions. I still enjoy struggling with management, but sometimes I have a concept for a coaster that just can't be done with the current options that I could do just fine in RCT3.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I thought that typing in 'Bitter Jeweller" gave all the guests a beard?

Doesn't seem to work for me, unless I'm putting it in the wrong place.

Top Bottom