Pcworld "omen" pc (4 weeks old)

The first one they supplied me died within a week. The second one has now died. Same thing..total lock out no windows just bleeps and nothing. Not even tv screen or a prompt. I can fiddle cos it's gonner be replaced soon as l get home tonight. But I just wanted to heads up anyone else has same issues with this HP build.?

This a laptop or a desktop?

Two dead OEM systems in a row sounds like something is being damaged in shipping.

I collected them both. Identical pc's. The first died within a week. Pcworld didn't say what just exchanged it for this one.. 4 weeks or so later this one dead too

does the mobo not display a fault code or power on self test code(POST) 1 beep = past the post more than one you got trouble son
BUT opening it up may void the warranty in order to see the mobo bios display if it has not got a see into panel
"its all for you dragsham!":D

Last edited:
Ok we've found the problem. Hewlett Packard suite monitoring mobo n chipset etc. Decided to flash the cmos. Only no UI or permission etc just a background runner. So reflashed cmos back to default and boom she back.
With all my voice attack and hotas stuff all good to go yay. They said it's not an official repair so doesn't invalidate warranty this fix. Cool

Top Bottom