Pegasus Run 3305 (Circumnavigation Expedition)

9e080lppyg531.png

Greetings CMDRs! The Pegasus Run expedition will begin from the inhabited bubble of space, making a near full circumnavigation of the Milky Way. This expedition is aimed at those who are moderately experienced to elite explorers whom haven't yet been to the deep black that is the outer rim and/or haven't yet completed a circumnavigation.

Here is the (rough) proposed route:

This expedition will have waypoints spaced roughly 10,000 LY apart. The entirety of the waypoints will be available at the start and the expedition will be completed at your own pace. This expedition is about finding what is out there, and is not meant to be a guided tour of the outer rim for the casual explorer. I expect the planned route taking nearly a year or so to complete. It'll be roughly the same pace per week of Distant Worlds 2, (5kLY/week). So be prepared to spend some time out in the black, travelling a path that few have traveled.

Minimum jump range is 30+ LY. We will be heading to Beagle Point along this expedition, so crossing the Abyss is going to be difficult in anything lower than 30. I recommend ~50LY jump distance.The expedition is going to be in whichever mode you personally enjoy, however, FleetComm has graciously added support for this expedition. Communication will be primarily through the my discord server.

FleetComm Discord for fleet support:

Fleet support for the Hull Seals and fuel rats are here:

https://hullseals.space/

https://fuelrats.com/

Joining FleetComm:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-exploration-focused-private-pc-group.474455/

Register for the expedition on EDSM to track your progress here:

https://www.edsm.net/en/expeditions/summary/id/73/name/Pegasus+Run+3305

Departure is set for September 28th at 1800 UTC.

Here is our schedule:

WP1: September 28th : Enif (Expedition Launch)
WP2: October 12th: Vivvy KD-K d8-3
WP3: October 26th: Hypau Phlai VU-G d10-23
WP4: November 9th: Preou Thoe DV-P d5-4
WP5: November 23rd: Thraikio IK-A d9
WP6: December 7th: Eos Flee NH-V d2-12
WP7: December 21st: Pheia Fraae AU-R d4-42
WP8: January 4th: Hypi Broo AA-A h0
WP9: January 18th: Bleae Freau DL-Y d16
WP10: February 1st: Eufarb UT-Z d13-37 (Shadow Geysers)
WP11: February 15th: Proxuia VN-K d8-10
WP12: February 29th: Chua Eop ZC-T c20-0 (Lone Star)
WP13: March 14th: Beagle Point (Beagle Depot)
WP14: March 28th: Pyrie Eurl LX-U c2-0 (Angel's Heart)
WP15: April 11th: Truechuia MF-A d7
WP16: April 25th: Scoagaae FV-G d10-27
WP17: May 9th: Mylienga YX-U d2-39
WP18: May 23rd: Oob Auscs CC-T c17-13
WP19: June 6th: Pla Aick GA-A e1 (Ostium Tenebris)
WP20: June 20th: TBA
WP21: July 4th: Plae Thaa NH-V d2-9 (Nye's Bowtie)
WP22: July 18th: Eafoff LN-Q d6-0 (The Eafoff Anomoly)
WP23: August 1st: Markab (Expedition End)

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190928T18&p0=:&msg=Pegasus+Run+Expedition&font=cursive

If you're interested in this journey, drop into discord and register for it on EDSM.

Update: Interested in making a waypoint? We need one for Waypoint #20, somewhere 10k LY between Ostium Tenebris and Nye's Bowtie in the Perseus arm. PM me your candidate location and why you feel it should be a waypoint and by the time we are set to reach Waypoint 19, I'll announce a winner. Their location will be officially added to the expedition.

See you out there among the stars!

Last edited:
As i have quite good insight of what circumnavigating the galaxy takes, i have to mention that 6 months means that the pace is going to be quite fast. Especially when the star density at the very edges is very low which slows you down significantly.
We spent a year with our circumnavigation at DECE and it was quite spot on what comes to length and pace ratio.
I recommend checking this thread out, if for nothing else then maybe just to get ideas for basecamps.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/index.php?threads/the-dead-ends-circumnavigation-expedition.354475/

Anyways, good luck with your endeavour, the voyage around the galaxy is truly something i can recommend. :)

Yes, six months is going to be what I think the minimum time required will be for the average explorer. Though this isn't going to be nearly as difficult as DECE when it comes to star density. It's more or less going to be following the center of the spiral arms where star density is higher.

Good luck. With Henkka. Even following inner arms and density I can tell you it's gonna be a breakneck pace at 6 months. 8-9 months maybe I could see being more reasonable. Just a tip.

Still, this is an expedition that the map makes it look available to people with like 35-50ly ranges not requiring 50-80 or even higher.

Forgive my ignorance, but I am still fairly new at this game and this would be my first big expedition. Therefore some questions:
  • Can you state the minimum jump distance needed to participate (an assumption was made by Chankk, but neither confirmed nor denied). Personally I have no experience with neutron star boosts, but carry some material for FSD boosts.
  • Will the expedition travel as Private Group or is it basically Solo/Open as the situation requires?
  • How will communication be handled, by ingame means, here in the forum, Discord, all of the above?
  • Are the waypoints for meet ups or is everybody travelling completely on his/her own pace? I don't mind either, just trying to understand.
  • Will there be some support roles. E.g. with the new extra slot I now have two AFMUs and one Repair Limpet Controller (Limpets to be synthezised when needed). I would be willing to replace one of the AFMUs with a Fuel Limpet Controller (although I have no experience whatsoever with the re-fueling procedure). Perhaps a list of who carries what would be helpful to be able to identify the nearest commander when help is needed. I also carry a mining laser and of course an SRV (it's basically the Krait Phantom Build from Obsidian Ant) to mine materials if needed.
That's it for now. In any case I am interested in the route and I think this is one heck of an endeavour. So I would rather take this one with others than just by myself. My ingame name is CMDR Erratic Spawn.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but I am still fairly new at this game and this would be my first big expedition. Therefore some questions:
  • Can you state the minimum jump distance needed to participate (an assumption was made by Chankk, but neither confirmed nor denied). Personally I have no experience with neutron star boosts, but carry some material for FSD boosts.
  • Will the expedition travel as Private Group or is it basically Solo/Open as the situation requires?
  • How will communication be handled, by ingame means, here in the forum, Discord, all of the above?
  • Are the waypoints for meet ups or is everybody travelling completely on his/her own pace? I don't mind either, just trying to understand.
  • Will there be some support roles. E.g. with the new extra slot I now have two AFMUs and one Repair Limpet Controller (Limpets to be synthezised when needed). I would be willing to replace one of the AFMUs with a Fuel Limpet Controller (although I have no experience whatsoever with the re-fueling procedure). Perhaps a list of who carries what would be helpful to be able to identify the nearest commander when help is needed. I also carry a mining laser and of course an SRV (it's basically the Krait Phantom Build from Obsidian Ant) to mine materials if needed.
That's it for now. In any case I am interested in the route and I think this one heck of an endeavour. So I would rather take this one with others than just by myself. My ingame name is CMDR Erratic Spawn.

Certainly! I'll update the main post with answers to your questions so others will know.

Minimum jump range is 30+ LY. We will be heading to Beagle Point along this expedition, so crossing the Abyss is going to be difficult in anything lower than 30. I reccomend ~50LY jump distance.

The expedition is going to be in whichever mode you personally enjoy, however, FleetComm has graciously added support for this expedition. Communication will be primarily through FleetComm discord.

There will be scheduled meetups at every waypoint every two weeks. Waypoints are spaced 10k LY apart, making ~5k LY/week pace.

Support will be available through FleetComm (Hull Seals) unless it's a fuel issue, which can be handled by the fuel rats here: https://fuelrats.com/

VKGnpZ9.jpg

Greetings CMDRs! The Pegasus Run expedition will begin from the inhabited bubble of space, making a near full circumnavigation of the Milky Way. This expedition is aimed at those who are moderately experienced to elite explorers whom haven't yet been to the deep black that is the outer rim and/or haven't yet completed a circumnavigation.

Here is the (rough) proposed route:
View attachment 133710

This expedition will have way points spaced roughly 10,000 LY apart. The entirety of the waypoints will be available at the start and the expedition will be completed at your own pace. This expedition is about finding what is out there, and is not meant to be a guided tour of the outer rim for the casual explorer. I expect a fast explorer will complete this in six months, with the planned route taking a year. Thats roughly the same pace per week of Distant Worlds 2. So be prepared to spend some time out in the black, travelling a path that few have traveled. I expect the start to be around the beginning of September, meaning we would be back in time for the Q4 update in 2020. I'll also likely be pushing out the route to include the end of the Perseus arm.

Minimum jump range is 30+ LY. We will be heading to Beagle Point along this expedition, so crossing the Abyss is going to be difficult in anything lower than 30. I reccomend ~50LY jump distance.The expedition is going to be in whichever mode you personally enjoy, however, FleetComm has graciously added support for this expedition. Communication will be primarily through FleetComm discord. I will be in the FleetComm Private Group.

There will be scheduled meetups at every waypoint every two weeks. Waypoints are spaced 10k LY apart, making ~5k LY/week pace.
Support will be available through FleetComm (Hull Seals) unless it's a fuel issue, which can be handled by the fuel rats here: https://fuelrats.com/

Joining FleetComm:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-exploration-focused-private-pc-group.285918/

Here is the proposed waypoint list (subject to change):

ENIF (Epsilon Pegasi)
VIVVY KD-K D8-3
HYPAU PHLAI VU-G D10-23
PREOU THOE DV-P D5-4
THRAIKIO IK-A D9
EOS FLEE NH-V D2-12
PHEIA FRAAE AU-R D4-42
HYPI BROO AA-A H0
BLEAE FREAU DL-Y D16
EUFARB MO-I D9-12
PROXUIA VN-K D8-10
CHUA EOP ZC-T C20-0
Beagle Point
CHEAE EURL MC-D D12-9
TRUECHUIA MF-A D7
SCOAGAAE FV-G D10-27
MYLIENGA YX-U D2-39
OOB AUSCS CC-T C17-13
PLOOE AEWSU TY-A B55-0
BYOOE EUQ ZD-K D8-29
MARKAB (Alpha Pegasi)

Departure is set for September 28th

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190928T18&p0=:&msg=Pegasus+Run+Expedition&font=cursive

If you're interested in this journey, drop a message below with your CMDR name.

See you out there among the stars!
I look forward to join the expedition.

Top Bottom