Perfect Example of whats wrong with ED

Perfect Example of whats wrong with ED
Elite Dangerous Odyssey contains the scanning of plants,
the Scanned data in Odyssey earns credits, and a new rank.
However there are a number of issues which really do undermine the whole process.
Mainly the scanner mini game, added for no reason, other than for Grind,
and another Time sink Bottleneck.

Ask yourself, Why have a tool if it does not do the job in a efficient manner ?
Definition of tool:
a handheld device that "AIDS" in accomplishing a task.
Common Sense:
You Don't use a Flathead screwdriver for a Phillips screw.

Also why can't everything be straight forward ?
When you walk down a street from point A to Point B,
do you zig zag, back and forth, and cross the street dozens of times ?

Well that is what FDEV thinks you should do to get the samples you need.
They never let anything be simple common sense, gotta have the Bottlenecks, ya know.

But this mindset, which permeates the Game, is also what is Destroying the Game.
Bringing what should be Fun, over the line, and into nonsense added for WHAT PURPOSE ?
Frustration, Time Sink, Punished for Playing ?
ANYTHING but FUN !!!

FDev, this looks like everything wrong with Engineers, AGAIN!!!.
Whoever is pushing this crap, needs to be sent on vacation.
And someone who PLAYS, and understands FUN in Games, set to take over.

I want to like this Game, and have waited years for it.
Which is why I am so POed at whoever is Destroying it with this Crap.

There are quite a few things that you have touched on that, you say, are pointless as there are a few and with this upcoming Odyssey coming up there are going to be even more pointless aspects of the game. I do love the game as it is a primary title in my collection but there is in fact quite a few things, again as you mentioned or at least seeing your point, that I hope they don't just forget about.
Cross your fingers and hope Commander....o7

Is there a suggestion somewhere in all that?

...asking for a friend. 🤷‍♂️
Please take off the fanboy Glasses, and take a hard look.
I suggest removing the EXTRA make work, that turns doing a thing, into doing many things over and over,
in order to do THE Thing.

Ok, we spend a lot of time to find, and travel to, a location to do a thing.
Once there, we are made to spend more time doing loops, than the time we spent to get there.

Why not just let us do our thing, and proceed, without having to chase our tails in needless circles.
It is like going from A to B on a desert, straight and simple, OH NO, can't have that, you gotta fall into quicksand first,
so your not given any way around, or any tools to help, you gotta do the slow quicksand crawl,
with as much time as can be used to make a straight line crooked.

Examples:
Why a SRV can only carry 2 in the cargo hold.
Why Ship mods have to have so many different mats to do.
Why Engineers have to progress in 5 stages, even if you have all stage 5 mats.
Why Don't Mats Traders deal in all Mats, they are a business after all.
Why do we have collectors in space, and not on the surface.
Why we don't have Tech that Bases have.
No need to go on, you get my drift.

Just give us the tools we expect to find in this Future Age, that are efficient at doing the job.
Without all the made up stupid stuff, thrown in to waste OUR time.

Which is why I am so POed at whoever is Destroying it with this Crap.

398.jpg

Some people really have absolutely no clue what actually goes on during fieldwork, how suitable candidates are selected, or what is involved in collecting samples. Those people should really just stop posting nonsense.
do you lose work if you don't do the QTE on time?

This is the problem with games. There is no single definition of fun. I like games that provide a bit of challenge, the usual counter to that is - "I don't want to work in a game!" 🤷‍♂️ Of course, the smart thing to do is to find a company that makes the games you want rather than trying to bend the devs to your will.

This is the problem with games. There is no single definition of fun. I like games that provide a bit of challenge, the usual counter to that is - "I don't want to work in a game!" 🤷‍♂️ Of course, the smart thing to do is to find a company that makes the games you want rather than trying to bend the devs to your will.
The problem is: I want to play Elite, as in the games that came before, updated to Current Specs.
Before you did a job, or task, and could upgrade or add modules, without all the nonsense we have now.
Before it was not a Sin to progress, and most things were simple and straight forward.
Now all we get are Nerfs, Grind, and Bottlenecks, that drags the game down.
Play how you want...HA, no way, until you go through all the Hoops, Loops, and B.S. first.

ED is still best in genre

I came to fly not to cry

I'm not into FPS games

I can always just watch Hardcore Henry again if I get the urge...

ED is still best in genre

I came to fly not to cry

I'm not into FPS games

I can always just watch Hardcore Henry again if I get the urge...
What genre is that ?
It started as a Space Game, and they have managed to push it all the way down to the ground.
Instead of centering everything around our Ships, they have gone on a tangent, and made a FPS instead.
If they had given us Legs in Ships, Stations, and Bases, and Focused on improving the Game as is, we would be better off.
But Hey, Bugs be dam, forget the issues, and bring on more grind, Yea so much Fun.

What genre is that ?
It started as a Space Game, and they have managed to push it all the way down to the ground.
Instead of centering everything around our Ships, they have gone on a tangent, and made a FPS instead.
If they had given us Legs in Ships, Stations, and Bases, and Focused on improving the Game as is, we would be better off.
But Hey, Bugs be dam, forget the issues, and bring on more grind, Yea so much Fun.
I would venture to guess that if there was something better to play available, you'd be making your complaints on that forum...

I'm not disagreeing with you, but if FD stopped development at Horizons, I'd continue to play it until something better was available.

I'm a compulsive puzzle solver. Adding new hardware and software around ED has been constant entertainment for me.

Building a new PC, adding TM Warthog and Slaw Device rudder pedals, Voice Attack with HCS voice packs, and EDDI. Just bought 2 Cubesim monitors to light up my TM Cougar MFD panels and I'm currently using Robert Maynard's Status Display to integrate multi-panel game flag triggered configurations on the displays.

FPS - not interested

Along with CQC, Power Pray, Multi-Crew, Mining, and goodness knows how many other things that FD has added that I have no interest in.

But that doesn't prevent me from focusing on what I enjoy doing with/in ED.

YMMV - and I'm OK with that

Happy to see, somebody woke up,
and they have removed the 3 ring circus from the Plant Sample Tool.
Now it will be simple point and click, as it should have been from the start.
This gives me HOPE, that they will take another look, and remove similar nonsense in the game.

Happy to see, somebody woke up,
and they have removed the 3 ring circus from the Plant Sample Tool.
Now it will be simple point and click, as it should have been from the start.
This gives me HOPE, that they will take another look, and remove similar nonsense in the game.
You'll probably get 60% less vegetation, a reduction of vegetation rendering distance of 80% and a mat requirement +100% to compensate for.

Top Bottom