Performance after the latest patch

After the latest patch, I've noticed that the game performs terribly.

I run an RTX 2060 on a 120Hz monitor. I usually get 120fps, except in RESes, where the framerate can drop to as low as 60 if I'm in a wing. On my own, it drops into the 80s.

Naturally, this causes a lot of stutter, which is really annoying. I initially thought that it might be a regression to the April update with the ship exhausts, but turning them off did nothing.

Has anyone else had these issues? Thoughts? The game runs just fine on my laptop, although I never ask that to go over 60Hz.

Specs in sig.

I don't think this game keeps up with the very latest cards and drivers very well if at all my 980 performs better than my mates RTX 2070 atm with ED he's got the stutters too since april and cant resolve as sometimes he don't?
I am coming to the conclusion the poor at times servers effect the way data packets are processed and cant keep up a steady flow leading to stutters which is why it sometimes does and sometimes it don't...……...
amazon is for online shopping micro transactions not online game servers for petes sake
that's just my opinion but then again that may not be entirely true:D

Last edited:
I've been having game performance issues since the update that added ARX. Whenever I'm on a planet surface, in an instance of a planet ring, undockable megaship, or undockable station (like research stations), I have a stutter that happens every ten seconds or so if I'm moving forward at max speed. It's also tied to distance since it doesnt happen if I stay still or within a small radius.

I thought maybe I needed to turn down Terrain work or turn some settings down, but it happens even with everything set to low/off and with a reduced resolution. It also happens in instances that have nothing in them besides a station/megaship, even when I've flown 30km away from it. So it's not like its having a hard time loading in resources.

Whats even stranger is that it doesnt happen whenin supercruise, in regular empty space, or flying in the instance of a dockable space station or megaship (which you would think would need more resources than megaships that cant be docked on). Like even coriolis stations dont have any stutter issues.

I've tried reinstalling windows, testing my RAM, formatting the installation drive and reinstalling the game, I've tried disabling any overclocks and returning all BIOS settings to stock, everything. Nothing has fixed it.

Top Bottom