Persistent Salvageable Wreckage Locations - Personal Effects

Greetings commanders!

I was wondering if anyone knew of the locations for some persistent Salvageable Wreckage POI’s? Specifically ones that have legal Personal Effects to recover.

I stumbled across the 4 in Meene, but they only have Occupied Escape Pods, Black Boxes and Wreckage Components.

Any ideas on where I could find one that contains Personal Effects? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers o7

I know that you say....

but I once read that the only persistents are Salvageable Wreckage signals (Occupied Escape Pods, Black Boxes, and Wreckage Components.)

I can be wrong , but is what the wiki says actually.
Ah I see. My mistake, thanks for clearing that up.

So the only way to get them is degraded emission sources? I have read that they were available in stations damaged by Thargoids, is that true?

you can find them on any system ,habited or not, but you may have to go to several before finding personal effects, do not be discouraged!

The "crashed ship" or "unknown wreckage" tip-off sites often have them, though not always (many have random "salvage" type cargo, which may or may not be personal effects on any particular visit/relog, but will get you some over time)

They're not completely persistent - they appear for a couple of weeks, then disappear again for months - but there'll usually be some about.

@djadjok has been running a major project to compile the times and locations - look at the ones with CS as the type and "Active" in the status, then hunt around for ones with salvage-type cargo.

Yes, as commander Ian Doncaster mentioned, I'm currently working on another (hope the last one) attempt to organize all our present knowledge about Tip Off game mechanics, and in fact that was started as general surface crash sites classification/mapping/prospecting, Tip Off missions being a good source of the latter.

As far as I understand commodities and mats one can obtain at a given site are functions (quite strict) of the site layout (model) with some randomizing multipliers applied. There are only some dozens of those layouts/models available in game (i.e. number is limited as they are hand-crafted) and hundreds (or much more) permanent and semi-permanent locations (also we can take into account random POI encounters).

I'm collecting this data (and for the most part of known TO sites in the Bubble that is already done), however haven't finished to organize it (with some rare exceptions), so not all information is in the spreadsheets - big quantity is still in form of logs/screenshots and recorded video (~150 GB of data!!! - so the process is not something to accomplish fast).

With commodities this works supposedly like this:

1) let us say we've encountered layout "A" (for permanent and semi-permanent sites the layouts are "nailed" and do not change without special external intervention).

2) note: visual appearance of the same site layout on different locations can have a slight difference depending of terrain as it looks like that for crash sites (contrary to planetary settlements or ports) the preliminary terrain "flattening" procedure is not applied (they are just dropped down on the existing one).

3) any layout always have a fixed number of commodities (or may be even better to refer to them as a commodity spawning points). That number is nailed to layout and doesn't change.

4) Each "spawning point" (or a group of them) have a predetermined (fixed) subset of commodities it can produce. Those subsets can vary from quite wide (like low-value food and drugs), or a single item (like Thargoid Sensor). As far as I understand Black Boxes, Occupied/Damaged Escape pods are usually members of the same subset. Honestly don't know if there are anything like "grades" defined in those subsets.

5)Finally time for RNGesus - choose 1 commodity for each point and gave them to commander. That is clearly instance-dependent and the final set changes on each relog.

Returning to Personal Effects. Haven't encountered them recently on TO-related crash sites in the Bubble. All locations with 1 eagle DBX (in fact it is the same one layout) have 1 "rescue" spawning point with BB/OEP or DEP. May be there is a chance around single condas (not "graveyards") or "unidentified wrecks" (UW)

EDITED: My bad - not crash sites with "Eagles", but with DBX's have rescue-related commodities.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys, I will have a look through the google doc you have linked and try and see if any of the crash sites mentioned contain Personal Effects at all. It is interesting to know how those wrecks work as far as spawning items.

I think from what I can gather so far, the best way to get Personal Effects is when a station is in an Damaged emergency state due to Thargoid attack.

According to what I have read there will be salvage type cargo floating in the damaged station that is able to be collected. Some of these are supposed to be Personal Effects.

After a week the Damaged station changes to a Repairing station.
The station then stays in the Repairing state until enough of the required commodities are delivered and the station is then repaired.

Unfortunately (for me) there are no stations in the Damaged state currently, so I can’t obtain Personal Effects that way. I am not sure why the Thargoids have been quiet and haven’t been attacking stations recently.

Last edited:
Yes, can confirm that Personal Effects (PE) were available at burning stations.
During this tick I don't see good candidates for PE in TO-related crash site domain. Anaconda in Valholl is "green" (have 3 cargo racks with high grade mats, no defenses but no interesting commodities either).

I spent the last few hours searching Degraded Emissions, would of been over 50 of them I dropped into. I did not see a single unit of Personal Effects. Every single one had materials and some also had Private data beacons.

Am I missing something here? Has anyone seen any Personal Effects in Degraded Emission signal sources recently? Can anyone confirm seeing Personal Effects in any temporary, permanent or semi-permanent POI’s anywhere recently?

I will try the planetary sites tomorrow as I have run out of time tonight, but I am starting to lose hope that they are even in the game anymore!

I spent the last few hours searching Degraded Emissions, would of been over 50 of them I dropped into. I did not see a single unit of Personal Effects. Every single one had materials and some also had Private data beacons.

Am I missing something here? Has anyone seen any Personal Effects in Degraded Emission signal sources recently? Can anyone confirm seeing Personal Effects in any temporary, permanent or semi-permanent POI’s anywhere recently?

I will try the planetary sites tomorrow as I have run out of time tonight, but I am starting to lose hope that they are even in the game anymore!
Don't know really about USS... Can be state/allegiance dependent?
About surface sites - may be the only possible candidate to check is the one in Buan Zha - 5 commodities including 2 BB's reported there. Sounds not very promising but who knows. Beware that it will be active only till this Thursday.

PS. Also there can be a crashed anaconda here -
system: Ithaca
body:Huari
lat: 60.71, lon: 2.12
(use FSS/DSS to get exact destination). That is not a Tip Off related crash site, but in my records it is assigned by CS_AN1LL type that have some rescue-related and other "special" commodities (intel, military). Must be something like this:
sQm5BVC.gif

!! Sorry, just have corrected my first post here - not the crash sites with Eagles, but those with diamondbacks have rescue-related commodities. A bit too many crash sites visited last months and as a result I start to do errors...

PS. Also there can be a crashed anaconda here -
system: Ithaca
body:Huari
lat: 60.71, lon: 2.12
(use FSS/DSS to get exact destination). That is not a Tip Off related crash site, but in my records it is assigned by CS_AN1LL type that have some rescue-related and other "special" commodities (intel, military). Must be something like this:
sQm5BVC.gif

Relogged 20+ times. Exactly how you explained with the layouts and commodity spawn points etc. 3-4 commodity spawn points were for rescue type commodities. This site spawned the following rescue type commodities;
Occupied Escape Pod
Damaged Escape Pod
Wreckage Components
Black Box

Never Personal Effects sadly.

Edit: OH MY GOSH I FOUND A UNIT OF PERSONAL EFFECTS!

Haha yes! I kept reloading this crash site to be sure they were not just really rare. Lo and behold, I got one finally after about 25-30 attempts.

Now I know for sure they exist I am very relieved. They must be significantly more rare than the other 4 types of rescue commodity though.

Thank you so much djadjok! You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. I salute you o7

Last edited:
Relogged 20+ times. Exactly how you explained with the layouts and commodity spawn points etc. 3 commodity spawn points were for rescue type commodities. This site spawned the following rescue type commodities;
Occupied Escape Pod
Damaged Escape Pod
Wreckage Components
Black Box

Never Personal Effects sadly.

Edit: OH MY GOSH I FOUND A UNIT OF PERSONAL EFFECTS!

Haha yes! I kept reloading this crash site to be sure they were not just really rare. Lo and behold, I got one finally after about 25-30 attempts.

Now I know for sure they exist I am very relieved. They must be significantly more rare than the other 4 types of rescue commodity though.

Thank you so much djadjok! You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. I salute you o7
Thank you for your report! Quite valuable information that PE commodity is in fact the member - a very "rare" one - of the "rescue" subset. And yes, 3 spawning points for that subset for this layout - the same number as in my notes in fact. Exactly same layout can be encountered also on some TO-related crash sites (but do not confuse it with it's "defended" version, that looks exactly same but have some defenders and other sets of commodities, absolutely useless in fact). Funny fact, I've found the site in Ithaca
entirely by chance visiting nearest station to clear bounties received after paying visit to another crash site in proximity (that was also found by DSS of the randomly chosen body)=)

Thank you for your report! Quite valuable information that PE commodity is in fact the member - a very "rare" one - of the "rescue" subset. And yes, 3 spawning points for that subset for this layout - the same number as in my notes in fact. Exactly same layout can be encountered also on some TO-related crash sites (but do not confuse it with it's "defended" version, that looks exactly same but have some defenders and other sets of commodities, absolutely useless in fact). Funny fact, I've found the site in Ithaca
entirely by chance visiting nearest station to clear bounties received after paying visit to another crash site in proximity (that was also found by DSS of the randomly chosen body)=)
Haha it is a great site for it, and the local station has a search & rescue contact as well for quick & easy delivery. I am a big fan of Greek mythology so Ithaca is also a cool place for me to visit :)

They are 100% part of the rescue subset, because they spawn in one of the rescue commodity spawn points when they do spawn. Super rare though. I am still relogging the crash site this entire time, but only 3 have spawned so far.

If I had to put them in order of rarity from what I have seen so far at this site it would be (rarest first);

PE
WC
BB
OEP
DEP

If I can give you any other info to help your efforts don’t hesitate to ask

Sorry for the delayed answer - was really absorbed by one of the conducted experiments. Thank you for your proposal. At the current stage the most requested for investigation is any information about:
1) still undiscovered Tip Off related locations
2) systems where tip off missions has been obtained even for the known sites (geo-check testing)

PS: interesting observation about PE and CS_AN1LL crash site layout
3 commanders have visited other - this time TO-related - site with the same layout (in Col 285 Sector TY-O b20-6 system, still active now) - in order to collect logs. And two of them saw PE upon arrival - i.e. comparable to 2 of 3 "relogs" being succesfull.
o7

Top Bottom