Personal Fleet Carrier suggestion/observation/speculation

In the video of fleet carriers the landing pads at one point all lower and it seems there isn't room in there for the normal pad rotation.

If this is true, I hope it is a sign FD are going to get rid of the pad rotation for all ports. (made that suggestion before). Pad rotation wastes precious space, is dangerous to ship, crew and anyone around the landing zone or hangar, and for spaceships with 6 DoF the second they lift off, it is superfluous and bad design.

Kudos also to FD for taking more time and expanding on the original concept of fleet carriers (at least as I read it), and allowing personal ownership. This gives me bigger hope for things to come where you listen to the players and deliver a more complete and expanded experience at release. Oh, and glad to see jumps can be scheduled from anywhere the owner is in the galaxy. Do not listen to the "but my immersion" whiners. ED is a game, we all want it to have the right "realistic sort-of" feel, but ED is not realistic, don't crush players with limited game-time by forcing excessive time hogs that aren't enjoyable and don't do anything for play enjoyment. If you want to be required to be on your carrier to plan a jump then just play that way, I hope to be able to summon one of these things to me from a remote star one day... kind of the idea of support transport and having a crew for such a ship.

Top Bottom