Petition to make the hutton orbital mug a dashboard decoration (also include a cannon mug with additional biscuit)

When I went to Hutton it was a big shock to me that the Mug could not be placed on the dash! I even looked for 5-10 minutes to find how to do it. I googled it to find the answer I did not want to see. I thought whats to point here to even offer it. This is the only place I see that FDev missed the boat with no in game rewards at all. The Hutton Orbital Mug on dashboard would be a excellent start. I 100% vote YES!!!

PS Please bring back the Christmas Tree This Holiday Season for PS4.

I'd like the mug to be some sort of permanent collectable, it doesn't really fulfil it's role as a cargo commodity.
No need to over complicate matters with it being applicable only to certain ships or anything, just a simple decorative item that can only be acquired at Hutton Orbital :)

Indeed i agree, but further to that i'd like to see the vast majority of such ship customisations being available by default and for doing specific things in game - I've zero interest in microtransactions.. MAYBE some exclusive things should stay purchasable only for those who are willing to spend extra money on cosmetics, but i only buy dlc that has an actual effect on my gameplay and only if it's good value too, furthermore even IF i was thinking of buying any of Frontier's extra items, i'd prefer if i could buy them off PSN, rather than buying them off Frontier's own store... :) .

(Also on unlockable items, while ones for pretty hard to do things like getting into the top 10 in a CG should certainly be in there, i'd like many for easier things like getting into the top 75% or scoring your hundredth kill etc... :) .)
Those changes would make an excellent addition to the game.

Last edited:
I'd like the mug to be some sort of permanent collectable, it doesn't really fulfil it's role as a cargo commodity.
No need to over complicate matters with it being applicable only to certain ships or anything, just a simple decorative item that can only be acquired at Hutton Orbital :)

FDev could install a link that can only be activated when one is docked at Hutton. Thus you must not only go there, you must also go in the currect size ship. Should one want another cup, then they must do it in a different ship. Thus only player whom have actually gone there would have access to the mug. One per customer, thus one per ship.

FDev could install a link that can only be activated when one is docked at Hutton. Thus you must not only go there, you must also go in the currect size ship. Should one want another cup, then they must do it in a different ship. Thus only player whom have actually gone there would have access to the mug. One per customer, thus one per ship.

It's the CMDR that deserves the mug really though, not the ship. I know I wouldn't fancy having to go back every time I got a new ship. Just a simple decorative item that is unlocked by the visit as though it had been bought from the store.

We all have a alien threat and everyone is worried about a damn mug. J/k i'm up for it. Signed

Blame the dam player who open fired on them for no reason exept they were courious as to how they would react. Well there reacting. So, we got what he/she wanted. A war against the Thargoids isn't going to be much different than the constant wars we have with one another. War is war, the breed of enemy is of no consequence.

Besides for the rest of us not involved, life will still have to go on, thus obtaining a cup or mug is still a viable event.

You get to Hutton Orbital, open the livery screen, select dash spot, mug appears as option (from now on at any livery screen).

Mug has lid and magnetic bottom, no bobblehead.

come on FDev, everyone here thinks this is a good idea. so please give me and others veterans and noobs a reason to do the .22ly trip to hutton orbital, for the mug FDev for the mug

come on FDev, everyone here thinks this is a good idea. so please give me and others veterans and noobs a reason to do the .22ly trip to hutton orbital, for the mug FDev for the mug

It's a great idea and should be widely implemented within the game.

Don't think they'll be any different in solo as opposed to any other mode.

From what I've managed to muster up is: While a player was out and about doing his or her thing. When he or her happened across a lone Thargoid which may have just been out exploring like any ED explorer and even the individual him or her self. The human player fired upon and hit the Thargoid, which makes me think the player was not an explorer. I mean if your exploring, out in the DEEP black, there no reason to have weapon.

Put the shoe on the other foot, an ED eplorer was out exploring when he or she happened accros an Thargoid, which fired upon and hit them. Same line of thinking would apply in either case. Both parties reported the incident and deceisons were made. Now it doesn't matter whom fired the first shot, but either way there's gonna be hell to pay.

Which might actually be a good thing, humans will stop fighting amungest them selves and pull togeather to work this out. Afterwards we will get back to killing each other. But in the mean time, it will be a nice break.

I've got my bus all painted up, tune, fueled, and ready to take the troops where ever they got to go. If the reward is sufficent. If not, there are a lot of noobs (anyone with less time then me) who would be more willing than I to risk such an endevor for an insufficent reward.

Considering how they smell like amonia or baby diapers, I sure the heck ain't hauling any POW's. LOL

Last edited:
The Federation is actually starting a beef with the Thargoids. We're getting caught in the mess.

I've got lots and lots and more lots of spendable income dedicated to rebuys should the need arise. Plus I don't believe they will bother me tooooo much in solo.

I have 600 million so I'm ready to headbutt some ammonia suckers. I already rallied my wing mate so we'll be in our Vettes ready for battle.

Last edited:
The Federation is actually starting a beef with the Thargoids. We're getting caught in the mess.

I have 600 million so I'm ready to headbutt some ammonia suckers. I already rallied my wing mate so we'll be in our Vettes ready for battle.

Might cost all of that and then some serious grinding to get any new weapons needed. Apparently present one are not of much use. If one has to pay an exorbit amount for in addition to a lot of extra grinding to get such weapon. It will give them a chance to get a good foot hold or entrenced (set up supply bases) them selves in various system. Where as they will will together as a collective, humans are incapable of doing such. And with a few supply bases, its gonna be some time before they are expelled.

Top Bottom