I am currently petless, unfortunately.
I had a Cocker Spaniel but I lost her to cancer and old age (17) about year and a half ago. I still hadn't mustered the strength the get a new companion.

But it would probably be a Cocker again.

I am currently petless, unfortunately.
I had a Cocker Spaniel but I lost her to cancer and old age (17) about year and a half ago. I still hadn't mustered the strength the get a new companion.

But it would probably be a Cocker again.
I'm sorry to hear that I have a cat named Missy who's 16 now and getting old. Good luck to you, and I hope one day you can get a cocker again best of luck!

I would like my cat back.
He disappeared two years ago.
Not ready for another yet, but fortunately I have several visitors.

I will adopt another cat from rescue centre. :)
Cats are like that, sometimes. They come and go.
And yes, I also think that when I'm getting a new pet, it will be from a shelter. It's the best way.

Currently 5yr old tabby, 1yr old Sheltie.
Took us a good 11 yrs to get over the death of our first dog before getting our new one.
5wJlzfj.jpg

Last edited:
I would like my cat back.
He disappeared two years ago.
Not ready for another yet, but fortunately I have several visitors.

I will adopt another cat from rescue centre. :)
That's really sad to hear, I've adopted a cat named Missy who's 16 and she was the best decision I've ever made I hope one day you can adopt it's the best. Best of luck to you.

Currently 5yr old tabby, 1yr old Sheltie.
Took us a good 11 yrs to get over the death of our first dog before getting our new one.
11 years... Damn there's hard times ahead of me.
My Cocker was my first pet. We had pets as family of course, but I wasn't as attached to them. I brought Sara to my life when I moved out and started my business around the age of 25 and since then it was us two against the world. And now I'm afraid I'll always compare and any other dog just won't be the same for me and it will be unfair to them.
It's hard.

I'm petless. Most of my lifetime I've had at least one cat, but my last one died after being sick for quite a while and I just haven't had the heart to go through the whole thing again.
Really miss having one around though, they are so affectionate if you raise them with affection and always entertaining personalities.

I'm petless. Most of my lifetime I've had at least one cat, but my last one died after being sick for quite a while and I just haven't had the heart to go through the whole thing again.
Really miss having one around though, they are so affectionate if you raise them with affection and always entertaining personalities.
That really sad try to build up the courage to get another one, they are great.

This thread will be interesting. Thanks to generally older demographic here I guess majority of the people are old enough to have outlived at least one pet.

I promise this will be the last downer from me, here, but he's a snippet from Tumblr - the opposite point of view and it's really beautiful, imo.

“For generations, he has guarded over my family. Since the days of my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather he has kept us safe. For so long we thought him immortal. But now I see differently, for just as my fur grows gray and my joints grow stiff, so too do his. He did not take in my children, but gave them away to his. I will be the last that he cares for. My only hope is that I am able to last until his final moments. The death of one of his kind is so rare. The ending of a life so long is such a tragedy. He has seen so much, he knows so much. I know he takes comfort in my presence. I only wish that I will be able to give him this comfort until the end.”

I promise this will be the last downer from me, here, but he's a snippet from Tumblr - the opposite point of view and it's really beautiful, imo.

“For generations, he has guarded over my family. Since the days of my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather he has kept us safe. For so long we thought him immortal. But now I see differently, for just as my fur grows gray and my joints grow stiff, so too do his. He did not take in my children, but gave them away to his. I will be the last that he cares for. My only hope is that I am able to last until his final moments. The death of one of his kind is so rare. The ending of a life so long is such a tragedy. He has seen so much, he knows so much. I know he takes comfort in my presence. I only wish that I will be able to give him this comfort until the end.”
😥😣I shed a tear!

Top Bottom