This thread will be interesting. Thanks to generally older demographic here I guess majority of the people are old enough to have outlived at least one pet.
Counting my adolescence, I have outlived significantly more than one. Also lost one to my ex when we split up....and she turned around and shipped her (the cat) to her parents only months later. It was a lot of years ago and I'm still upset by that. Makes me really glad we didn't have children; how can anyone be so spiteful to demand custody purely for the sake of 'winning'?

Counting my adolescence, I have outlived significantly more than one. Also lost one to my ex when we split up....and she turned around and shipped her (the cat) to her parents only months later. It was a lot of years ago and I'm still upset by that. Makes me really glad we didn't have children; how can anyone be so spiteful to demand custody purely for the sake of 'winning'?
That's sad just imagine her paw touching the window while you are, too best of luck

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Had many pets over the years, Cats & Dogs, Hamsters, Gerbils and Rats when I was young and a Chinchilla who was brilliant when my kids were little.

Currently we have Daft Cat (Daisy) as seen above who I got for my Daughter on her 11th Birthday. Got her as a rescue cat when she was about 5 and she had been badly treated and was very very timid nad still is with people she doesn't know.

Had her 5+ years now and she alternates between Me and either of the kids depending on who's lap looks the comfiest at the time and who might be closest to the Dreamies.

Wouldn't be without her for a second even if she's moulting at the moment and I'm constantly vacuuming to keep the fur storm down to a minimum.

That's sad just imagine her paw touching the window while you are, too best of luck
She was the sweetest cat I have ever had. When I got home she would always run to the door to greet me and would jump up at my chest and then go limp. I had to catch her or she'd fall...total act of affection and trust.

She also would only drink water from a running faucet, so no bowl of water for her...and she liked to take showers in the morning with me, although on the side of the curtain where the water wasn't coming down with just her tail sticking into the water. She also knew how to turn on lights and would turn them on when entering a room, leaving lights on all over the house. LOL...such a ridiculous little thing she was.

Had many pets over the years, Cats & Dogs, Hamsters, Gerbils and Rats when I was young and a Chinchilla who was brilliant when my kids were little.

Currently we have Daft Cat (Daisy) as seen above who I got for my Daughter on her 11th Birthday. Got her as a rescue cat when she was about 5 and she had been badly treated and was very very timid nad still is with people she doesn't know.

Had her 5+ years now and she alternates between Me and either of the kids depending on who's lap looks the comfiest at the time and who might be closest to the Dreamies.

Wouldn't be without her for a second even if she's moulting at the moment and I'm constantly vacuuming to keep the fur storm down to a minimum.
Very funny and cute lol

She was the sweetest cat I have ever had. When I got home she would always run to the door to greet me and would jump up at my chest and then go limp. I had to catch her or she'd fall...total act of affection and trust.

She also would only drink water from a running faucet, so no bowl of water for her...and she liked to take showers in the morning with me, although on the side of the curtain where the water wasn't coming down with just her tail sticking into the water. LOL...such a ridiculous little thing she was.
One of my previous cats use to walk around the side of the bath when I was having one. It was painful when she fell in though. Claws everywhere.

She also would only drink water from a running faucet, so no bowl of water for her...and she liked to take showers in the morning with me, although on the side of the curtain where the water wasn't coming down with just her tail sticking into the water. She also knew how to turn on lights and would turn them on when entering a room, leaving lights on all over the house. LOL...such a ridiculous little thing she was.
She sound amazing I'm sorry to hear that she's gone now best of luck!

This thread will be interesting. Thanks to generally older demographic here I guess majority of the people are old enough to have outlived at least one pet.
Too many to count, when I think about it.
Funny thing: I mentioned a couple of months ago, that I had to put a mate of mine, Calii, under a new tree in the garden. The funny thing is, his dad Puffy, has sort of returned to the fold. Well around feeding times. He's a tabby cat and when his son got big enough, he left home about 5 years ago and now Calli has gone; there puffy is, sitting in his place on top of the dryer; demanding to be fed.

At this time, we have 3 + 1 cats and two dogs.

As someone above said; They can really break your heart, no matter how often, you lose them.

Lol "fur storm" sounds amazing.

Deleted member 110222

D
I've had a snake before. Corn Snake, specifically.

If you're considering getting a reptile, get a Corn Snake. They are basically the easiest reptile to care for, and really fun too. They are usually very sociable and love being handled. The only thing you do need is some space, as while skinny, they get very long when fully-grown.

Not dangerous at all. I was quite happy to watch telly with my Sammy the Snake wrapped around my neck.

I'm sorry to hear that I have a cat named Missy who's 16 now and getting old. Good luck to you, and I hope one day you can get a cocker again best of luck!
I had a cat who lived 20 years and 4 months.

I wish you still good time with your cat.

I would like my cat back.
He disappeared two years ago.
Not ready for another yet, but fortunately I have several visitors.

I will adopt another cat from rescue centre. :)
My last cat died at the age of 1 year and a half.

He was the most affectionate cat I have ever had in my life.

I had a lot of cats. Each time, a loss is a heartbreak, a tearing.

I have a 4yo Bengal X cat. Lovely temperament, gets on well with children which is lucky as I have a 7yo. He also looks great and is extremely adventureous.

He walks with us when we walk to the shops and has even walked down to the beach with us (a 15min walk).
The Bengal is an extraordinary cat on many levels.

I have two rescue tabby cats who are a year old. Noctis and Yuna (I do love Final Fantasy). They are sill a handful at the moment.
A year ago my 3 and half year old Lucius passed away. He was one of my best friends and such a smart and amusing cat.
Pics? :)
edit: I mean if Noctis and Yuna. Sorry about Lucius.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator

Attachments

• 17545160_10155205807525990_1375522760405018109_o.jpg
    17545160_10155205807525990_1375522760405018109_o.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom